FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Rewards for Replys





PatTheGreat42
The problem with the Frihost concept is that it encourages a large amount of random posts in order to gain points.

I think it would be a good idea to give people extra points for each reply a topic recieves. This way, people would be encouraged to come up with good, high-quality topics in order to garner a large number of replys. This way, we could keep the quality of Frihost high.
mathiaus
I'm not sure exactly how the Frihost cash mod is made but I can only assume that to change it would be very labour intensive.
I also find that the actual theory isn't all that good. If you look in general chat a lot of the spam toics of which is your favourite etc are very popular. This is because people can get points in those topics easily. Another example is where people simply arent interested. For example if I started a big discussion on creating cookies in PHP only those that knew php I would assume would join in and then only those that could be bothered etc.

Basicly although a nice idea, I personally just cant see it working.
babumuchhala
Well there is a way to exploit your idea too. And currently any post on frihost gets abt atleast 5 replies on an average.

Plus if i remember right, there was an extra point awarded if your Topic recieved 10 replies. i donno if its still working.

and also we will have a lot of SPAM NEW TOPICS instead of Spam Replies Rolling Eyes
ocalhoun
babumuchhala wrote:

Plus if i remember right, there was an extra point awarded if your Topic recieved 10 replies.


Really? It must have been deactivated, or else there is no notification that it has happened. I have posted a few threads that generated over 10 replies, but I havn't noticed any extra point gain. (I may have already been over the limit at the time it happened)

It would be great if you got 1 point per 10 replies...
It would be even better if for each topic you start that generates 10 (or 20 or 30) replies, you get your point limit raised by 1.
n0obie4life
We ban people for posting too many low quality posts, oh well Razz

No, and that isn't a good idea, you'll see a drop in the amount of members posting here then.
Nameless
I don't think that would help. Some topics get HEAPS of replies, without any real discusion (eg. what's your favourite game.)
Hayloe
I actually think this would generate more topics that dont really need to be here, people making a new topic in hopes of it generating lots of replies, thus there would be more of a reward for making new topics than replying to already made topics.
elcyron
n0obie4life wrote:

No, and that isn't a good idea, you'll see a drop in the amount of members posting here then.


one might argue that quality goes over quantity...
Jack_Hammer
mathiaus wrote:
I'm not sure exactly how the Frihost cash mod is made but I can only assume that to change it would be very labour intensive.
I also find that the actual theory isn't all that good. If you look in general chat a lot of the spam toics of which is your favourite etc are very popular. This is because people can get points in those topics easily. Another example is where people simply arent interested. For example if I started a big discussion on creating cookies in PHP only those that knew php I would assume would join in and then only those that could be bothered etc.

Basicly although a nice idea, I personally just cant see it working.


I agree you look at the general topic now and it's full of long topics (some spam) which have been up for ages... (and imho should be deleted or locked).
Jack_Hammer
elcyron wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:

No, and that isn't a good idea, you'll see a drop in the amount of members posting here then.


one might argue that quality goes over quantity...


Yes but with no users FriHost would have no/little means to create a revinue to keep frihost running.
Related topics
Top 10s of the Forum
World Of Warcraft
Gmail Phishing - Warning!
can a virus cause unrecoverable damage to HD?
How About...
Idea - Referral
The best avatar
better hosting system
Now You Can See Ur Home
php without server
My young brother presents....
Post Point Program - PPP
Internet Rewards
Referral system rewards
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> Suggestions

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.