FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Free-Magazine, UK and World Indie and Punk

simplyw00x
www.free-magazine.co.uk

Thriving and fast-growing uk-based indie and alternative music site with forums and about 20 or so writers.

Join the forums, read, bookmark and keep checking back. Also any input on design and stuff welcome.

Carl.
wumingsden
To make the site better I would fill in the empty spaces (half way down the page) and I would also move the "Signup to the Mailing List" box to the top of the page.
The Home and Gallery links open up to exactly the same page. If I was to click on Gallery I would expect to see some images, rather of people of an achieve of past editions.
On the contact page it says (in exactly this way):

Quote:
MySpace profile

The right at the bottom you have the url: http://www.myspace.com/FREEMagazine, which I'm supposing should be in between "MySpace" & "profile"

On the forum I would change this description a different colour (possibly red):

Quote:
JACK: On the contrary, Aunt Augusta, I've now realized for the first time in my life the vital importance of Being Earnest."

I would also change the text next to the buttons, if possible. I would also put the links to the other pages in a drop-down menu or create a new page with the exact layout of the others and then frame the forum on the page.

On every locked place that i see I check wether their "log in" security is good. Yours is good.
minikiltman
http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=124026#124026
Consider using my Forum Service. Your Forums Lack. Sorry!
-=Mkm
smart19
it's too many text on the homepage
maybe more pic is better
simplyw00x
wumingsden wrote:
To make the site better I would fill in the empty spaces (half way down the page) and I would also move the "Signup to the Mailing List" box to the top of the page.
The Home and Gallery links open up to exactly the same page. If I was to click on Gallery I would expect to see some images, rather of people of an achieve of past editions.
On the contact page it says (in exactly this way):

Quote:
MySpace profile

The right at the bottom you have the url: http://www.myspace.com/FREEMagazine, which I'm supposing should be in between "MySpace" & "profile"

On the forum I would change this description a different colour (possibly red):

Quote:
JACK: On the contrary, Aunt Augusta, I've now realized for the first time in my life the vital importance of Being Earnest."

I would also change the text next to the buttons, if possible. I would also put the links to the other pages in a drop-down menu or create a new page with the exact layout of the others and then frame the forum on the page.

On every locked place that i see I check wether their "log in" security is good. Yours is good.

Thanks for all this - it's really insightful and useful. Don't be fooled by the swish-looking security; it's all just a house of cards really Rolling Eyes

The gallery is't quite done yet and the 'home' link is meant to go to the main page; I probably should have said that originally.

One of my current long-term forum goals is to make a template that fits in with the layout better. I hadn't thought of the iframe/frames idea and that may be a good solution in the meantime. Thanks.

Quote:
Consider using my Forum Service. Your Forums Lack. Sorry!

Now considering how vociferously you state 'I am not a bot' on your linked post, you're ironically behaving like one. My forums are not 'lacking' in any way that you would be able to solve unless you could magically force my website to become more popular by forcing the layabout writers to write.