FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Immortality

Would you like to be immortal?
Yes, yes i would
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
No no no no no
63%
 63%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 11

Mark999111
Out of curiosity as we're doing this in english at the moment, if someone made something that could give your immortality, would you take it?

And i mean real immortality, not just slowing down the ageing process
OnlyOneLife
The answer for me would be YES. I do want to be immortal, I do wish I can stay 16 forever or if I feel like it grow a bit older. Over the course of a 1000 years I may have several wives... which may sound wrong.
YEA But I really want to see, is our technology 50 yrs, 100 yrs, 1000 yrs, etc... from now and see how far we have advanced. Also I'ld like to see what would happen to our gas supply...
And then when the earth blows up... I swim to another planet.
RedStar
Mark999111 wrote:
Out of curiosity as we're doing this in english at the moment, if someone made something that could give your immortality, would you take it?

I dont think I would want to. It would be cool for a while just hanging out getting new wives and stuff, until the government finds out and captures you to find the secret and then you have to escape and then you find a nice lady and get married but the government kills her and you are sad then you get shot up about 50 billion times and a guy comes up behind you with a shotgun and blows your back out and you fall into a pool of water but then instead of lying there you have to get up and feel all the pain and agony and people laugh at you because you have a big whole in your back and stuff...crazy.
SunburnedCactus
And that's obviously what would happen.
RedStar
SunburnedCactus wrote:
And that's obviously what would happen.
Exactly. I mean we all know that is exactly what would happen in that exact order with those exact details, but with just a little more explosions, action, naked women, cool music, fight scenes, more naked women, and some more details.
burzum
Immortallity has a price.... plus it would be too boring...i want to see what's on the other side....but not too soon!
summer-sensation
Mark999111 wrote:

I would really like to say yes. Truely, I would. But immortality...it's just...you live. And live. And live. Actually, maybe someday I will be immortal, which is kinda weird to think about. Shocked

I don't know. *shrugs* I think I'd rather die and go to heaven. Then I';; be immortal. Very Happy
Mark999111
also if you live forever and i big ass comet comes and blows up the earth, your just left floating about in a lonely eternity. now that WOULD suck, id rather die
Rolz
Immortality is not good. At all. I mean, it sounds good that you live forever, you stay young forever, and all that jazz. But is it really that good? Heck no. It wouldn't be good to stuck somewhere for eternity. It would get boring and all. And if your friends aren't immortal, you would see them dying, and you would be alone... Meh, I can't really express myself. Razz

Well, all I'm saying is that it wouldn't be good. So my answer is no.
RedStar
burzum wrote:
Immortallity has a price.... plus it would be too boring...i want to see what's on the other side....but not too soon!
I kinda feel the same.
PatTheGreat42
I'd go for immortality. Think about how much you could achieve. It would be a great boon if the same great minds could think forever.

The only problem comes when we get criminal masterminds or serial killers living forever. We would have to take care of them indefinately.

And getting a life sentence would take on a whole new meaning.
gonzo
the soul is "immortal". More precisely: sempeternal

Quote:

The soul may be defined as the ultimate internal principle by which we think, feel, and will, and by which our bodies are animated. The term "mind" usually denotes this principle as the subject of our conscious states, while "soul" denotes the source of our vegetative activities as well. That our vital activities proceed from a principle capable of subsisting in itself, is the thesis of the substantiality of the soul: that this principle is not itself composite, extended, corporeal, or essentially and intrinsically dependent on the body, is the doctrine of spirituality. If there be a life after death, clearly the agent or subject of our vital activities must be capable of an existence separate from the body. The belief in an animating principle in some sense distinct from the body is an almost inevitable inference from the observed facts of life. Even uncivilized peoples arrive at the concept of the soul almost without reflection, certainly without any severe mental effort. The mysteries of birth and death, the lapse of conscious life during sleep and in swooning, even the commonest operations of imagination and memory, which abstract a man from his bodily presence even while awake-all such facts invincibly suggest the existence of something besides the visible organism, internal to it, but to a large extent independent of it, and leading a life of its own.

damastergen326
I'd probably want to be immortal only to see how things turn out in the future and all the cool technological advances. But my ultimate answer is no. I don't believe that you would experience a full life without aging and gaining wisdom through all that life experience if you knew you were immortal. I'd probably be chased around by crazy scientists trying to figure out the secrets of immortality and then life would just suck.
hac
I'd never want to be immortal. This life is too damn big for me. I wouldn't want to see losing all my loved once over time. Plus there's not that much things we can't finish in one life time (I think!).