FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

few Laptop questions...

ekingisrael
Please Read All The Text

1) Do you have a laptop?-if not then rate how much you want one (0-10)

If You Do:

2) Did you ever send it for repair?

3) Did you ever Formated the laptop?

4) Rate the how much the laptop is a part from you life (1-10)

Brought to you by a Laptop owner who just got pissed because HP can't do it's job right!!!-I sent my laptop with display problem and got it back fixed-only that they made a little mistake,tiny mistake,THEY INSTALLED ATI 9000 ON IT!!!!!!! Exclamation
AND BEFORE THE REPAIR I HAD ON IT ATI 9600!!!!! Exclamation
(to those who do not know much about display cards: ATI 9000-got out at 2002,and ATI 9600 at the end of 2004-and the preformance is much much much better than the stupid ATI 9000)
I HAVE A STRANGE FEELING THAT SOMEONE THERE THOUGHT I'M JUST A STUPID BUISNESS MAN THAT DONT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT COMPUTERS-WELL,GUESS WHAT!?!?! I DO KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT COMPUTERS-SO I CALLED THEM AND I'M SENDING IT BACK TO THEM SO THAT THEY WILL FIX THIS STUPID MISTAKE.

Arrow PLEASE GIVE YOUR OPINION ABOUT MY CASE..

Thanking you all in advance,Eking.
Idea
Sunny
Moving to computer and hardware forum.
carlokes
I have a Laptop
Ive sent it for repair 3 times
I've formatted it quite a few times
I need it daily since it's where i work
Hikaru
-I have a laptop.
-I have not sent it in for repairs yet. The quality of the laptop is quite good.
-I have reformatted it to install 64-Bit Windows XP.
-I'd rate it a 5 since I only carry it to LAN parties, carrying a desktop and all that is quite troublesome. I do carry it with me sometimes, but not all that much.

From Radeon 9000 to a 9600 on a laptop is quite an upgrade, stupid HP. XD
Still though, the Radeon 9600 will only let you completely enjoy games that are around Warcraft 3 Level. It will run Unreal Tournament 2004 but will surely not be the best.
bananaphone
damastergen326
-I have a laptop (almost 4 months)
-Never sent for repair.
-Never needed to format. (yet, heh)
-Really big part of my life because I need it at college especially since I'm a Mechanical Engineering major and will be using lots of programs. Plus, I love the Internet hehe.
seanooi
- I have a laptop (about 6 months old)
- never sent for a repair (and hope i don't have to ever Laughing )
- Formatted quite a number of times (less than 10)
- It is my life Laughing
netjunk
I have a fujitsu amilo d 7830. It is a great machine and I used it so much in the year I've owned it that I need a new battery. Never failed me yet. No regrets.
Wotac
I have a laptop, HP Pavilion with AMD Athlon 2200+ and Ati Radeon 128Mb shared graphics memory.

Formatted only once (because I got this from a friend).

Never needed any other repair, exept the dvd/cd-rw-drive didn't work so my friend gave me another one for free.

I use it quite often, I'm in the army now (actually on a holiday from army) and I have it with me there, but I don't have internet connection there. Every holiday I take it home with me and use it there too, so my virus-scanner and firewall stays up to date and I can surf the web. I'll propably use it even more when I get my homepage done.

It's not too powerful, NFSU 2 works good only on lowest graphics, and Fable won't work almost at all. At least too slowly to control it. Warcraft III does work fine though.

Oh yeah, how much is my laptop part of my life? I'd say 8 propably, because I use it almost daily if possible. But the problem is, that is not possible in the army. There's this evening freetime every day when we can do what we like, but sometimes I'm just too tired to play with my laptop.
izcool
1.) Yes I have two laptops. One that I need to pay my dad back on (it's a Dell Inspiron 1150, I love it). The other one that I have is a Compaq LTE 5400 that I got for free from my friend at school. It's very slow and old, but did for okay for awhile when I didn't have my newer one.

2.) No, but I hope I never have to.

3.) No, not as of yet.

4.) I would say the rating of 10 for my newer laptop, since if I need it for something, then it's always right there to go with me. Although I don't use it on a daily basis, it's always good to know it's there. And for my older one, I would say a 5. The reason being is that if my one doesn't work, then that would be my second best bet if I had to go somewhere right away. It has a highspeed internet connection, but is slow in it's overall performance.

- Mike.
tolgasevim
Hi
I have a laptop but I never had to format it and actually I would never dare to.
Since I have my desktop at home, I do all my experiments with my desktop and use my laptop twice a month to send my time reports.

By the way I wouldn't be angry if someone degraded my laptop since it company property and every fix is done through company.
headlong
I have two Thinkpads. Both X series. Never need any repair. Just formatted the old Thinkpad to upgrade OS from Win98 to WinXP.

I don't like to software pre-installed. I never used them to make backups. But it takes about 1GB on my hard-drive!!