FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How long does it usually take?

RedStar
For them to approve of your site...I was just kinda wondering.
planet
I had mine in a matter of hours, been happee ever since =))
Wellcome
RedStar
planet wrote:
I had mine in a matter of hours, been happee ever since =))
Wellcome
What is the link to your site if you dont mind me checking it out?
cnnet
I remember it took me about 5 hours Wink
Sentenza
Took me about twelve hours... but now I'm happy Smile
guissmo
What do you mean by "approve" your site?

Are they going to look at it if it passes their standards
or
Does that mean the application for the site was "approved"?
RedStar
guissmo wrote:

or
I am talking about it being approved when you click the account button at the top and fill out the information
carlokes
My approval took 5 days...I was starting to think thatfrihost was going down because i wasn't on the rejected nor on the pending ones.
Thank god that didn't happen and here i am happy with my free hosting service.
raman
wasn't very long, must have only been around 15 hours.
Jayfarer
Around a day.
RedStar
Jayfarer wrote:
Around a day.
Hmmm I guess I will keep waiting then. I really can't wait to get my site.
seanooi
Don't worry, If your posts aren't spam posts, I'm sure you'll get yours soon. I got mine in less than 3 hours. Laughing
dan751
If I recall correctly, it didn't take more than 2 hours before my request for hosting was accepted.Wink Who knows how long it'll take, it should take more than 24 hours since your request.Wink
TheNEC
does anyone in here know if they support audio files? I was wondering because I am going to start my own podcast, The Neverending Can
dysturbedstatic
i cant wait until i get my site. i really want to make one about my family so my dad will stop bugging me for pics of my daughter lol.
RedStar
dan751 wrote:
If I recall correctly, it didn't take more than 2 hours before my request for hosting was accepted.Wink Who knows how long it'll take, it should take more than 24 hours since your request.Wink

Well my posts aren't spam but it has been almost 24 hours now, at least 20 and I was just wondering how long it took because I still haven't gotten one yet. Confused
tidruG
Normally, it should take around a day or 2 (at max) for your requests to be handled. Occassionally, it may take a little bit longer because the number of requests is on the rise everyday and the number of account creators is limited. Lately, most of the account creators have been facing personal/technical difficulties, and have been unable to process accounts at the usual pace. We regret the amount of waiting time.

guissmo wrote:

or

We make sure that your posts are not spam before accepting your request. So, basically it is your request and your posts that need approval, and not your website, as long as you're not hosting MP3s or other unallowed data on your site.

TheNEC wrote:
does anyone in here know if they support audio files? I was wondering because I am going to start my own podcast, The Neverending Can

No, in general, we do not support audio files on sites, especially if you do not have the copyright over them. If however, you yourself have made some MP3s and would like to publicize your talent, you can try requesting in the "Request an account change" forum.
dysturbedstatic
yea it took me 2 days to get mine, but i got it and now i am happy!
blackstripes
man... i cant wait to get mine up and running... i've been trying to find a good place to put up my artwork but every place i found is slow or just dont have enough space.
ravenland
Do you guys know if frihost supports Frontpage extensions? I'm not really great in HTML soo I was wondering if I can edit pages via MS Frontpage.
Otherwise I can forget the whole idea of web hosting.

Take care
ravenland
Redstar btw i'm pretty sure 50% of people read this thread for the name since "it" in many people's minds has one mutual meaning. At least that is what got me in Laughing , or maybe its just me Mad
ocalhoun
ravenland wrote:
Do you guys know if frihost supports Frontpage extensions? I'm not really great in HTML soo I was wondering if I can edit pages via MS Frontpage.

You can edit your HTML with anything you want, then upload your files
ftp://(ravenland's sub-domain).frih.net
KHO
Or you could end up like me and have mentioned music and just waiting for your third rejection *sigh* its good music, no lyrics, just good clean midis! everyone loves midi's!!
n0obie4life
ocalhoun wrote:
ravenland wrote:

You can edit your HTML with anything you want, then upload your files
ftp://(ravenland's sub-domain).frih.net

Just - ftp.frih.net - works too. The subdomain isn't needed.
jovemac
Oh... it will take time like that too to get activated isnt... I thought it wil be done immd. once i reached the eligiblity.. Anyways no harm in waiting for a wonderful service.
falconfx
I don't know precisely, but I had it hosted the next day. Wink
valkyrie-heavens
It took them 2 days to get to mine. but it didn't matter to me. It was worth waitng for.
ateawonton
twenty-four hours for me
standready
Really depends how busy the staff is other issues and their personal life. Time will vary greatly.
Insanity
Wow, this thread was revived from a long time ago... but yeah, it depends a lot.
Ankhanu
The topic is pretty well covered.
**Closed**