FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

my new song - your thoughts...

bjwok
hi folks,

i just posted a new song i recorded called 'And It Rained Inside' on my site, be interested to hear peoples thoughts here...

http://www.bjwok.frih.net/

cheers
elector
it's a bit rough. you sould get a piano palyer to do this one with you it would sound much richer. it's an ok idea but for my taste it needs a powerfull chorus. That's it.

I like the clear sound you got there. Where was this recorded?
Scott
Pretty cool, something similar to what I'm working on now. I'm combinging some ambient sounds with guitar, no vocals though.
bjwok
hi Scott,

thanks man, post a link to your track once it is done. i like ambient sounds...

hi elector,

thanks for the comment man, yeah it is a bit rough, then again it is a throw away we recorded in about 2 hrs.... i am in favour of silly lyrics and such, that is why there is no chorus as such. we recorded it in my room champ, using a firwire 410 setup, midi keys, real guitars, sm58 mics and a behringer mixing board (and a lot of sillyness!)
erik
Sorry, I don't like it

But it's totaly not my style so don't look at my opinion

anyway continue with making music, 'cause that's something I do like about it, home made Cool
bjwok
hi erik,

cheers for the honesty man, honest opinions are what counts. i am right into ween, so i guess that is the style i am trying to mimic here...

you got any music we can listen to?
erik
no there isn't...YET!!

My band is writing songs, I hope some demo versions are online soon! but actualy i have no idea how long this will take...
bjwok
ok, cool, let me know anyway when they come online - i am all about new music! (pm me if you have to)

hey you should check out this band i have been listening to a lot of lately called silversun pickups. www.silversunpickups.com interesting stuff indeed
ekimrafget
It sounds pritty good.

I couldn't even come close to it Sad
bjwok
hi ekimrafget,

thanks for the praise man, give us a link to your stuff and we'll decide if you come close!