FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Webmasters controling your forums??

Should webmasters be aloud to control your forums?
Yes
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
No
83%
 83%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 12

supersonic
At my last free host, they forced it so that if you had a forum setup you had to make their webmaster/admin and administator on your forum w/ full privlages. I just want to know who agrees with this and who doesn't.
gonzo
wow that seems very lame
Devil
u mean the webhost ?

i dont think anyone would allow this , so this is really stupid ,
godam64
give them admin status without priviledges would be ok. server admin can easily hack their member forum to make them admin. Smile
RedStar
supersonic wrote:
At my last free host, they forced it so that if you had a forum setup you had to make their webmaster/admin and administator on your forum w/ full privlages. I just want to know who agrees with this and who doesn't.
Well I dont think that you should have to do that, I mean it is your forum. That is totally ludacris, crazy, loco, insane even.
pacslim
supersonic wrote:

Shocked What the F for webhost was that SuperSonic I just gotta say be happy ur now on frihost the best free host i ever saw without stupid and krazy rules like ur old host had ! Wink Rolling Eyes Arrow
speedlikecy
i think no is good!
Smile Smile Smile
jamesmackle
Surely you can trust your host not to go screwing things around that much can you? They would probably ensure that there is nothing being posted on your forum which is illegal or obscene etc. I presume this is because it would be hosted on their server, so your host may be liable for prosecution...
cnnet
I don't agree
you cann't give them the power for that
morat
yeh sounds like a bit of power madness ... did they ever use/abuse their position as forum admin when you were using them ?

they were probably just flexing their "muscles" by enforcing that, though they perhaps wanted to be able to delete any "unsavoury" posts ?
n0obie4life
Well, why not?

A forum has "hidden" forum capabilities. What if, those "hidden" forums have pr0n, or warez or <insert whatever is against the frihost tos>.

That's the only way the administrator can check it. Or, he will have to download your mySQL Database and scan them through (that even exposes your Private Messages).

If you don't want that to happen to you, get a server. Your own server. Besides, that won't happen. As some day, your dataceneter might just rip out all your stuff Wink.

So, what? Be a datacenter. No, there's even more disadvantages to it Very Happy
mele
That's just lame....why would I want to have my host in control of my forums, I don't think I could settle for such service.
raver
for me that`s a definite no no...i mean internet means freedom of speach and information...and besides all providers of web services have in their tos that they are not responsible for the actions taken by their users, but they will try to prevent stuff like warez, mp3`s etc etc etc...
Aki
I think that is quite unfair as long as the site contains no illict material the owner of the forum should have full control of the site. If its free hosting then its really up to the admin to set the rules but under those rules you wouldn't really have many satisfied customers.