FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Winterize you Small ENGINES (lawmowers, Weed Wackers, etc)

mun
everyone dont forget to wiinterize your engines. Or next year u;ll be buying a new one.

Buy fuel stablizer - on sale at Canadain Tire 2.99, rember to fill up the gas tank full with fuel so you dont get any condensation.

You can also get a Fog that u spray into the Carb, to get to the car jus remove the air filter and spray into the carb while the engine is running. The enigne might start to die so be ready to give a little throttle.
Fog is around $10.00
the fog spray is optional, fuel stablizer is not.

Another thing you should try to do is change the oil in the engine.

Another thing you should winterize is batteries. If your not using them. For example if you own a lawn tractor, and go to start it in the spring it will not start.

THE WORST THING FOR A BATTERY IS NOT USING IT

To winterize batteries, you need to buy a Trickle Charger (around $40) You put the trickle charger to the put battery and set it to 2 volts. It will automatilly keep the battery charged. When the battery is fully charged the trickle charger will shut off. When the Battery needs charging it will automaticly charge it. MAKE sure you dont leave a battery on cement, it will neturlize it. Make u put it on plywood or anything but cenment.
Also make sure u dont overheat the battery. Or you might ruin it. When a battery overheats, the plates that are inside warp, that would mean the next time you go to use you will not be getting Full performace.

All of this goes for Car batteries and Small Batteries like lawntractor one.

A trickle charger cost around 40 bucks and new car battery costs 80 bucks and up. A small battery cost anywhere from 40 to 80 dollars. A friend of mine payed 200 dollars for his motocycle battery.

Written By Mun
if you have any question or comments pleaze ask.
thanks
planet
Good advise =)))
mun
bumping this post

i feel this important and everyone gets a chance to read this.
Cash
Good advice there boy! That will save $$$$ BIG TIME!!!

Sounds like your a mechanic too.... or at least you have some knowledge in your head! Thats a +!

I'm atv/atc/motorcycle/small engine/dirtbike mechanic. I'm located in middle Tennessee, USA. --Nice to know that I'm not the only one around here! Very Happy

Be well,

Cash Very Happy
mun
yea i wish everybody knew about wintezing people could save lots of money if they could jus read posts like mine or books