FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is your opinion about mp3

Mrs_Robota
I don't know if you talk something like this in a past topic, but I want to know what is your opinion about MP3 format, many people look for their songs in this format, and they don't buy the original CDs. We can not upload any mp3 in a website for this reason. But my personal opinion is that it is good sometimes, because we can get the music that we always want and if a music group don't have any promotion or market in some countries, is more easy to get this music for people that lives in these countries.
~tang~
yeah, but unless the mp3s are actually sold, it's still stealing from the original artists, which isn't good. I can't remember the actual figures, but it was in the billions that the music industry lost last year to pirated music.
whyforer
Still a lot of new artists get promoted through this media and all the peer to peer networks. This is not a argue for stealing from anyone, but just to say that everything is relavite
Raijenki
I don't want to pay $$ to the artists...
We don't rob from they, they rob from us lol
ashok
Technically, MP3 is marvellous! a 50MB sound file into 5MB Shocked
SunburnedCactus
Raijenki wrote:
I don't want to pay $$ to the artists...
We don't rob from they, they rob from us lol

Artists don't rob. Record shops make the most money off an album, followed by the publishers. Artists get the smallest fraction of the profits.
Mrs_Robota
SunburnedCactus wrote:

Artists don't rob. Record shops make the most money off an album, followed by the publishers. Artists get the smallest fraction of the profits.

yes, this is true ... this is the bussiness
Scott
Quote:
Technically, MP3 is marvellous! a 50MB sound file into 5MB Shocked

Agreed.

Anyways, in terms of sharing MP3s, I love it. It is a fantastic way for new artists to get out there.
k4n
with mp3s u can easily switch between several albums - robbed or not.
without mp3s or formats like that there wouldn't be players like ipod. u would still have too listen u r music mobile with an cdplayer...
dtdojo2
~tang~ wrote:
yeah, but unless the mp3s are actually sold, it's still stealing from the original artists, which isn't good. I can't remember the actual figures, but it was in the billions that the music industry lost last year to pirated music.

recently this year a girl got fined for downloading music on kazaa
you could see the huge list from Akon to Xzibit (She was obviously a chav Razz)

I use limewire pro because it is faster than kazaa and kazaa has more viruses