FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How is this Paid for???

supersonic
I honsetly don't think I'm the only one who is curious about this. How in the world does bondings afford to pay for this hosting. Is he like a lottery winner, or does he cheat on his ads and create invalid clicks(I dout he does or frihost would have been shut down a long time ago). Does anyone really know. No deccent free hosting company offers hosting w/o ads on your site(well of course free host is a deccent host). Can someone clear this up for me?
digibluez
Frihost is not the only one.... it's a mystery how they do it. Some one pays for this but gives it free! Rolling Eyes
Mark999111
There are ads on this forum and bondings makes money from them.

Thats why you have to post on these forums to get your free webspace, the more exposures and clicks the ads get, the more money bondings makes.
n0obie4life
ZOMG, I think he struck lottery.

Firstly, he can afford a 29.99 USD$ honeypot.
Secondly, he can afford something like 5 domain names and he hasn't bought me one.
Thirdly, I'm still waiting for 50 USD$.

LAWL.
Bondings
At them moment, most of the money comes from the advertisements, like the google ads.

By the way, it's really hard for a single person to cheat google and rob their advertisers. Wink
psycosquirrel
I click ads that interest me, it supports my hosting Very Happy
supersonic
Bondings wrote:
At them moment, most of the money comes from the advertisements, like the google ads.

By the way, it's really hard for a single person to cheat google and rob their advertisers. Wink

Yeah, but you could be having no0bie4life and your other moderators going through and clicking on your ads. Wink
TimsJugling
psycosquirrel wrote:
I click ads that interest me, it supports my hosting Very Happy

same here. (althought there arnt really alot of ads like that. (lol)

GAME ADS are what I like to see. (and other things)
justup2002
yea i agree i waould say its the google ads on top and thats why they want you to be an active member of this forum without putting ads on your site which is pretty cool i think
KHO
Neutral he owns the internet, thats how Neutral
meretyping
And now he owns all of us! ahh! run for your lives! (. . . kidding)

but i would think the banner ads in between posts would pay more than google ads? because they can't ALL be per click.
gonzo
money laundering
deanhills
Bondings wrote:

The age old question of how Frihost is funded. A Bondings humoristic take on it almost 10 years ago, but it is probably still valid today and as entertaining. Very Happy
Insanity
I'm surprised that FriHost has still stayed alive so long on just advertising. There are also giveaways for domains and other things, so he must have lots of dough to keep it going. I don't imagine that he could survive for that long, especially since revenue from advertising has slowly gone down over the years. It used to be a great way for websites to make money back in the day, when Frihost just started, but now that it's many years later, it's hard to imagine that with a higher user base and decrease in advertising revenue that Frihost can survive.
SonLight
While advertising revenues have declined, so have the costs of servers. I have no doubt that Frihost can maintain existing sites with their current level of activity for many years to come from the existing posts and ads. The ability to provide new features and increased use depends on improving either the content or the ability to provide it in a way that someone will pay more for, however.
loveandormoney
Maybe its pleasure?

Did You ever read that word and do You like to use that word and did You ever see this word?
deanhills
loveandormoney wrote:
Maybe its pleasure?

Did You ever read that word and do You like to use that word and did You ever see this word?

Bondings wrote:
mwm wrote:
- What is your motivation for running frihost?

My motivation is rather getting experience and achieving a successful website. Also making a community is one of my biggest motivations. That I like doing this is not my major motivation actually.
Source: Bondings?
SonLight
deanhills wrote:
Source: [edited: incorrect link removed] Bondings?

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-11921.html

You have the topic of the thread right, it is "Bondings?"

But the link was wrong. I hope I have the right link to the original post here.
deanhills
SonLight wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Source: [edited: incorrect link removed] Bondings?

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-11921.html

You have the topic of the thread right, it is "Bondings?"

But the link was wrong. I hope I have the right link to the original post here.
Thanks for pointing it out. I meant to link to Bonding's response to that post in the Bondings thread:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-74215.html#74215

I've fixed it in my post as well. Very Happy
chasbeen
I have no knowledge on how he does it.
Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing
loveandormoney
deanhills wrote:
loveandormoney wrote:
Maybe its pleasure?

Bondings wrote:
mwm wrote:
- What is your motivation for running frihost?

My motivation is rather getting experience and achieving a successful website. Also making a community is one of my biggest motivations. That I like doing this is not my major motivation actually.
Source: Bondings?

Sure.

Where is the problem, please?
playfungames
Well, the only way for Frihost to make money seems to be ads. Now depending upon the quality of traffic that Frihost gets, there are opportunities to make money. This forum displays Google advertisements from their adsense program. Now, I'm not saying that the servers and domains and what else that is provided can be fully paid with the help of adsense income. A lot of traffic is required to generate a decent income solely from Adsense.

So, I assume that the difference that is left after accounting for Adsense earnings is paid by Bondings himself. Besides, the cost of servers are not going down everytime and this seems to be Bondings baby and who doesn't want to spend a little money to keep so many users happy and active.
deanhills
playfungames wrote:
So, I assume that the difference that is left after accounting for Adsense earnings is paid by Bondings himself. Besides, the cost of servers are not going down everytime and this seems to be Bondings baby and who doesn't want to spend a little money to keep so many users happy and active.
Well said pfg!

Probably exactly the case. It's Bondings baby. He's bonded with Frihost. Razz
Blaster
I love seeing some of the old names on these posts. Shows that what I thought of some of these people back then are still correct. N4L and Gonzo... 2 really old people on this forum.
deanhills
Blaster wrote:
I love seeing some of the old names on these posts. Shows that what I thought of some of these people back then are still correct. N4L and Gonzo... 2 really old people on this forum.
Also shows how young you must have been when you joined Frihost. Like you've been growing up with Frihost. Very Happy
jajarvin
supersonic wrote:
I honsetly don't think I'm the only one who is curious about this. How in the world does bondings afford to pay for this hosting.

I think the answer to this dilemma is the name Bondings.
According to WordWeb an English thesaurus and dictionary for Windows the noun bongind has the following meanings:

• A close personal relationship that forms between people (as between husband and wife or parent and child)
  • (dentistry) a technique for repairing a tooth; resinous material is applied to the surface of the tooth where it adheres to the tooth's enamel
  • Fastening firmly together
FunDa
deanhills wrote:
Blaster wrote:
Also shows how young you must have been when you joined Frihost. Like you've been growing up with Frihost. Very Happy

Same here.

I was away for so long.
RosenCruz
A dedicated / VPS is getting cheaper and cheaper each day. Setting up a good server and giving away accounts are not that expensive once you have an active community and ads served