FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


The Real Story of Thanksgiving?






Do You celebrate Thanksgiving?
Yes
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
No
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

Herbz3
As I woke up today, I thought to myself, "What is the actual story of Thanksgiving?" So I researched it on the internet and the results would suprise many.
The first "Thanksgiving" was not what we have been taught in school or know of today. In fact it was very different. Many sites have voiced this view of thanksgiving:
http://www.silcom.com/~taxabo/thanks.htm

My teacher in school also told us of the reason for one of the first "Thanksgivings". He said that it was in triumph for defeating the barbarians of America (Native Americans)

If anyone can find the REAL story along with factual evidence, or would like to post on their opinion on this topic please feel free to do so.
summer-sensation
Herbz3 wrote:
As I woke up today, I thought to myself, "What is the actual story of Thanksgiving?" So I researched it on the internet and the results would suprise many.
The first "Thanksgiving" was not what we have been taught in school or know of today. In fact it was very different. Many sites have voiced this view of thanksgiving:
http://www.silcom.com/~taxabo/thanks.htm

My teacher in school also told us of the reason for one of the first "Thanksgivings". He said that it was in triumph for defeating the barbarians of America (Native Americans)

If anyone can find the REAL story along with factual evidence, or would like to post on their opinion on this topic please feel free to do so.


You mean it really wasn't because the indians helped us out and saved out butts?! Shocked

No way!! So our teachers have been lying to us since kindergarten?!!! *sniffle* How...sad...*tear*
Jack_Hammer
School brainwashes students. Lots of what you are taught in school is wrong, for example:
Who 'Discoverd' America?
How many sences do you have?
Lots of other misconceptions you are taught in school like 'Marijuana is bad' Yet it's not as bad as Cigaretees,
dydx
People have made the whole concept of Thanksgiving a joke. It's either offensive or obnoxiously sanguine in that it is supposed to be a time of the year for everyone to drop their sheilds of hate and prejudice to eat turkey and stuffing.

Not a fan. Abolish Thanksgiving, I say.
Herbz3
I just thought that posting something about Thanksgiving would be good since it is today.....
summer-sensation
Jack_Hammer wrote:
School brainwashes students. Lots of what you are taught in school is wrong, for example:
Who 'Discoverd' America?
How many sences do you have?
Lots of other misconceptions you are taught in school like 'Marijuana is bad' Yet it's not as bad as Cigaretees,


Wait!! I really know who discovered America first...
Shoot! WHo was it?! Who was it?? Um...it was a chinese man...
I think his name was Zheng He. Before China cut off all trade relations with the world and became an isolated society, he traveled the world, discovering many a thing. He even brought back a giraff to the emperor.

See! I know something! But only because I was in AP World Histoy. Other than that, I know nothing! I know squat. Diddly-squat.
*laugh* I love Dory...she's so amusing.
ashok
summer-sensation wrote:
Jack_Hammer wrote:
School brainwashes students. Lots of what you are taught in school is wrong, for example:
Who 'Discoverd' America?
How many sences do you have?
Lots of other misconceptions you are taught in school like 'Marijuana is bad' Yet it's not as bad as Cigaretees,


Wait!! I really know who discovered America first...
Shoot! WHo was it?! Who was it?? Um...it was a chinese man...
I think his name was Zheng He. Before China cut off all trade relations with the world and became an isolated society, he traveled the world, discovering many a thing. He even brought back a giraff to the emperor.



Is it true???
jongoldsz
I still don't believe you. If you find a site which is trustable (msn, yahoo, cnn) that has the same story I'll believe you, but until then I won't. Especially, that website is a directory which someone is paying at least $25 a month according to the webhosts prices.
Herbz3
jongoldsz wrote:
I still don't believe you. If you find a site which is trustable (msn, yahoo, cnn) that has the same story I'll believe you, but until then I won't. Especially, that website is a directory which someone is paying at least $25 a month according to the webhosts prices.


wtf?
Related topics
STARGATE... maybe based in a real story?
NBA LIVE 2006
Schindler's List - Review
Fast and the Furious 3
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
Favorite Star Wars Movie
Lack of conscience...
MSM Doesn't know a damn thing about India...
Henri Charrière - Papillon
Support Danish
United 93 - The Movie -
Girl help
stupid woman at McDonalds
Da Vinci Code
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.