FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My recently redeveloped Flash Movie website!

Daniel15
Hi everyone,
Come and see my flash movie website at http://www.stickboarder.be/ ! It's been recently redeveloped and now includes more flash movies, and a completely revamped layout. Please tell me what you think of it, what I should improve, etc.

Also, if you make flash movies and would like them to be listed on my site, just say so Very Happy

--daniel15
Jobbin
Nicley done with the menus there Smile

I think you need a banner or something, you get tired about the background...

Apart from that, it was a very good site Smile
Wrez
its nice and al...

BUT !!!

there is one big flaw Smile and thats flash Smile

ok flash is flashy but it kills puters... now everyone does not have a leet puter like me and u so they can run that site...

so i suggest u make a php version of ur site Smile
Daniel15
Quote:
Nicley done with the menus there

Thanks... In the process of making that menu, I redesigned it about 5 times until I got it right Very Happy

Unfortunately, there's some minor bugs with the menu on certain browsers (this is because the menu uses 'CSS Layers'. This means that the flash menu is 'floating' over the page). For example, try selecting some of the text at the top of the page in Internet Explorer. You'll see that you can't because the menu actually covers some of it (you can't see that, though). Also, in Opera (the browser I use), the 'Site Map' link at the top of the page is unclickable, because the menu is covering it.

And I'll try to make a banner tonight.

Quote:
ok flash is flashy but it kills puters... now everyone does not have a leet puter like me and u so they can run that site...

Well, I actually tested the site on a Pentium 2 300mHz with Windows XP... and it worked fine (some Flash movies were a bit slow, though).

Well, considering the site is based around flash movies, I couldn't make a fully-PHP version Wink. Having said that, the site's backend is a custom PHP templating engine written by me Very HappyVery Happy
otaku
awesome menus,
but the colors aren't very good.
the black and white contrast are ok, but i read an article that says it's better to have black font and white background.
Daniel15
My friend was also saying that black on white is better than white on black, but I disagree. I like black themes, because black on white usually looks too plain. Having said that, some sites that use black on white look very good. I'm sure that if I made my site with a white background and black text, it wouldn't look as good.

Yellow on black is definately good if you want something to stand out (as you can see by links/headings on my site)
RedStar
daniel15 wrote:
Hi everyone,
Come and see my flash movie website at http://www.stickboarder.be/ ! It's been recently redeveloped and now includes more flash movies, and a completely revamped layout. Please tell me what you think of it, what I should improve, etc.

Also, if you make flash movies and would like them to be listed on my site, just say so Very Happy

--daniel15
Pretty nice that is what I am going to do whenever I get my site. It will be different but alike in a lot of ways. Wait...you didn't make Zho Zho or however you spell it, so why is it on your website?
Helios
Quite nice.. but you have to work on the design mf
and I know that you'll improve it!

Btw, where did you register your domain?(be)

I only got a redirection option =(
RedStar
Helios wrote:
Quite nice.. but you have to work on the design mf
and I know that you'll improve it!

Btw, where did you register your domain?(be)

I only got a redirection option =(
I was kinda wondering that too...all I get is a redirection service too and with my website it doesn't work very well.
billybob
I really like the the menu

but im not too sure about the rest of the lay out and the background but the menu is cool
minikiltman
It's not bad. Too cluttered though.
The movies are nice. I have a friend he's good at this stuff. http://www.piss-oven.com He can tip you off PM if you're interested.
You got your Domain free huh?

-=Minikiltman
bananaphone
The menus are fantastic - but you have to lose the background.

Personally, I think that a white background is much easier to read, and all the major sites use it (Google, Apple, Frihost etc) Razz

Otherwise - great work!!
smart19
it's very simple and easy for me to browse through it
keep going on
matt smith
What is with the retarded background image, it looks crap and it takes will take dial-up users ages to load. The ads at the top of the page look like the site menu, bacause the actual menu is too high up, and half of the links do not work... Shocked
startsomething
I love the menus!!!!! Very Happy
Simulator
The menu is good, but that is about it...