FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Someone else's database in my account

dkbg
Well, this is surely a very odd occurrence but I seem to somehow have received someone else's database tables if not their whole database in my account. I believe I had created the database (which was simply a test creation) and forgotten about it. Recently, when I viewed my databases, this particular one had tables in it with content that I am sure I didn't create. Uh oh. I'll just leave the user anonymous for now, I assume you'll want to discuss this matter privately.

Also, I seem to have lost the ability to create new databases, as under "Create new database" it reads "No Privileges". Since the dbs are unlimited, how can that be?

EDIT: Oops. I just remembered I have to create new dbs through DirectAdmin...This system seems a bit strange to me though, and having to use our username in front of every db seems a bit convoluted.
n0obie4life
No.

The "test" database is created by mySQL. Any idiot who uses it for phpBB/wordpress purposes shall get haxx0red because everyone else will be able to see your information, I.E. it's a global databse.
dkbg
Haha...well this guy's gonna get screwed unless someone tells him whats going on. Ahem...

Thanks for the clarification.