FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Very large problem[SOLVED]

SBrian
Please help me,

Today a friend asked me whether I would help... I say to him, please ask (in MSN) me for help from distance. (Remote) Then the problem began. He cannot typ someone normal. If he typ a 'G', the computer display a 6. and so on ................. I cannot read the messages, they are all like this: 54gfs 78-'gw fg362' Sad Sad

can someone help?
toshlad
Is your friend using a laptop?

If so, more than likely his Fn key is stuck on or he has his numlock on.

On most laptops, the "J" key = 1 "K" = 2 and are printed in blue or another colour.

Get him to check to see if his numlock key is on, there should be some sort of LED indicator light that tells him if it is on.

If it isn't on, then try to see if his Fn key is stuck. Get him to try puching it a few times.

If your friend isn't using a laptop then none of the above applies and I can't think why it would happen.

I hope this helps.
xorcist
Do what he just told you that should work that happened on my dad's labtop before but he took it to the store and had them fix it becuase he didint know it was easy to fix.
Hobbit
In another forum someone posted this, we couldn't find the problem until he found out that he needed to replace one of the batteries on the keyboard. He was pretty embarrassed haha, anyways try that, if it's wireless of course.
NuniPio
well... try changing the language settings for the keyboard
SBrian
Thank you all for your help. The problem has been solved. I never use laptops, but he do. When I asked him whether he had such a key as Fn, he answered no, so I was very emberassed. But later he said to me, he had found the key Very Happy

Thank you all,

Sbrian Laughing
Sunny
Great!

Pm me in case if you need this thread to be reopened.

-lock-