FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

www.poxyproxy.com is BACK!!!- Access blocked sites@school

billybob
*update 28/04/06*
You may have noticed the recent down time but we are now back up an this time it should be for good after making some huge changes to the script there should be no problem with the server Very Happy Very Happy
so please come back www.pocyproxy.com and also check out the forum www.poxyproxy.com/forum/index.php

also if that domain gets banned try any of the following:

www.bargin.be
www.bargins.be
www.ecarbooters.be
www.exibition.be
www.poxyproxy.be

please let me know if these work if not i have one that should!

any surgestions are greatly apreciated
thanks
ryan

P.S. I am willing to exchange links!
BTW I have a PR of 3 on the home page

*Edit* (old)

Hey all, my site www.poxyproxy.com has been up and running for some time now, after some problems at the start and some recent downtimes, it seems like all is well finally and we are fully operational.

PoxyProxy enables you to access other sites even through strict firewalls and website blockers i.e. college, work or school etc. and even parental controls.

I have made quite a few adjustments to the site including

Forum
Forum mod - thanks to wumingsden
Other ways to access it if it becomes blocked
Etc

But I am now running out of idea so any suggestions of improvement would be greatly appreciated..
Thanks

P.S. I know I have just modified Phproxy
oh and if anyone is thinking of setting a similar thing up, you cant host it on fri host its against the T&C (so just use mine Razz )
ml
it outputted a lot of errors when i tried it

Code:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/themesit/public_html/poxyproxy/index.php:4) in /home/themesit/public_html/poxyproxy/PoxyProxy.class.php on line 627

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/themesit/public_html/poxyproxy/index.php:4) in /home/themesit/public_html/poxyproxy/PoxyProxy.class.php on line 926

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/themesit/public_html/poxyproxy/index.php:4) in /home/themesit/public_html/poxyproxy/PoxyProxy.class.php on line 926

wumingsden
This is for THEmeSite:

I did not get the error message like the above person so this is my conclusion.

Ok, on the Enter Page you have a "<" visable, as if you've tried to add a tag but somehow closed it off before you finished it. This looks a little unprofessional. Also, whats the need for the text and title to be a hyperlink? I would delete the "click Here to Enter" text. I would also change the colour of the title to white and change the blackground to black.
There are advertisements on the page too. I don't know wether your webHoster is free but if so I'd dump them just to get rid of the ads. If not then I guess that you put them up as affiliates. Move these to a page on their own, this would look way better. Also some images have that horrid red x mark, as your webhoster to get rid of these images and replace them with better ones.

On the Home Page I suggest to get an invisible stat counter, or a fake one that looks as if a lot of people have been there. The copyright text would look better something a bit like this:
Copyright 2005. TheMeSite.co.uk
All Rights Reserved

The layout of the page is good and I think the title and the menu at the top look cool, although I would make them smaller. Whats also really good is the updates section. If I was you I would probably invert the the colours of the "more links" section so the white become black, vise-versa.
The link "whats your IP address" come to the Index page in your parent directory. This looks as though your site might not be finished so I'd taje down that link.
Net Tools section is cool
On the "More Link" column every text object starts with a capital letter except "links" so it looks like this:

What's your IP?
Net Tools
links
Photoshoped

Every little bit counts, i would therefore use a capital "L". It looks as if the Links Page isn't finished. The page looks dull, don't be afraid the add a bit of colour. Also the "poxyproxy" text isn't a hyperlink. Change the colour of the links and center them in the middle. make them bigger too unless your going to add hundreds more links.
I cannot fault the forum what so ever, its really cool and the colour ties in with the rest of the simple site although you have no moderators which may turn out to be a bad thing.
None of the games work. If you would like to use my games including my bandwitch then feel free to contact me, although a small link to my site will have to be visible.
The scrollbars on the side shoud be changes colour. I don't know wether you can use html codes on this forum, but here goes.

<style type="text/css"><!-- body{scrollbar-track-color:#000000;scrollbar-highlight-color:#000000;scrollbar-3dlight-color:#ffffff;scrollbar-darkshadow-color:#ffffff;scrollbar-shadow-color:#000000;scrollbar-arrow-color:#000000;scrollbar-face-color:#ffffff} //--></style>

This code will be perfect for your site but you can modify it if you like.

The mates page works fine and looks great although I think that all the photos should be black and white to tie in with the theme.
(The best images there are all of the black and white ones. Use an image editor like photoshop CS2 - i use this - to crop the image better. The CS2 requires activation after being used 30times.) There are no images for Ben. Ash looks like a cool friend and Toni looks sassy although Dan looks a bit full of himself. (Is that Craigs real hair?)
Anyways, the Photos & collage links don't work. Neither does the "Mates Sites" , "ICT Help" or "Links".

I think the images that rollover to the black and white form are so cool, I now might use them on my website.

All in all I tihnk that your site is pretty good but it will be way cooler if you do what I've suggested. By the way, if you submit your site to search engines make sure you use the home page not the enter page.

On the "poxyproxy" site the writing is a little unclear, try changing it to a darker colour. The actual body content of the website looks as if its been taken from another website. I suggest changing the blue colour to tie in more with your site.
The idea of poxyproxy is really good although it doesn't actually work. An error page comes it, like what the other person said in the reply before me. This is a great idea though and will be really useful for me and my friends when I go back to school and tell them so be sure to add a Hits/Stat counter here as your audience will definiately rise dramatically when it works.

If you need me contact me.
Hobbit
I got the same errors, if you do manage to fix it then it's an awesome website, I would use it at school, the only bad part is that they block anonimizer websites. They find out about them in only a few days.
RebelYell4x4
from the description and the look it seems like a something really cool...this would be pretty useful in school...but i just hope it isn't blocked because usually anything with proxy is completely blocked
billybob
Thanks for your comments guys i didnt relise it was down, i made some mods last night that will have caused the errors i'll get on it right away
billybob
FIXED!!! http://www.poxyproxy.com
billybob
Hey thanks for the advice i have made some of the changes you Surgested:

Quote:
Ok, on the Enter Page you have a "<" visable, as if you've tried to add a tag but somehow closed it off before you finished it. This looks a little unprofessional

:removed:

Quote:
whats the need for the text and title to be a hyperlink? I would delete the "click Here to Enter" text.

i have some dumb ass freinds Razz they need to know where to click
Quote:

I would also change the colour of the title to white and change the blackground to black.

i wanted this site to be white but i might change it in the future (good idea though)

Quote:
There are advertisements on the page too. I don't know wether your webHoster is free but if so I'd dump them just to get rid of the ads. If not then I guess that you put them up as affiliates. Move these to a page on their own, this would look way better.

yeah there my own (i have paid hosting) ive removed one and it looks alot cleaner(thanks), i havent made an affiliates page but i might do

Quote:
Also some images have that horrid red x mark, as your webhoster to get rid of these images and replace them with better ones.

if you mean the dropped images ive removed them it was just an error in the code

Quote:
On the Home Page I suggest to get an invisible stat counter, or a fake one that looks as if a lot of people have been there

i like the real one, i dont like fake ones, i just think why have a fake one u should be happy with how many visitors you have

Quote:
The copyright text would look better something a bit like this:
All Rights Reserved

:Done: (I like it! good idea)

Quote:
although I would make them smaller. Whats also really good is the updates section. If I was you I would probably invert the the colours of the "more links" section so the white become black, vise-versa.

i like it as it is i think, i may change it later

Quote:
The link "whats your IP address" come to the Index page in your parent directory. This looks as though your site might not be finished so I'd taje down that link.

ye thats my fault i have resently move my site to a new host and didnt upload all the files :S missed a few but thanks for telling me i wouldnt have notist

Quote:
On the "More Link" column every text object starts with a capital letter except "links" so it looks like this:

What's your IP?
Net Tools
links
Photoshoped

Every little bit counts, i would therefore use a capital "L"

:DONE: Very Happy

Quote:
It looks as if the Links Page isn't finished. The page looks dull, don't be afraid the add a bit of colour. Also the "poxyproxy" text isn't a hyperlink. Change the colour of the links and center them in the middle. make them bigger too unless your going to add hundreds more links.

the liks page is for my link exchange thats why its looks dull have join its good http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-15235.html and hopefully i should have hundreds more :S if people join well thats the idea anyway

Quote:
I cannot fault the forum what so ever, its really cool and the colour ties in with the rest of the simple site although you have no moderators which may turn out to be a bad thing.

thanks Very Happy i do have moderators what makes you think i dont?
Quote:

None of the games work. If you would like to use my games including my bandwitch then feel free to contact me, although a small link to my site will have to be visible.

the games problem was thesame as the "whats your ip address?" i just moved hosts but you can still have a link on my site, just join up to my link exchange http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-15235.html

Quote:

The scrollbars on the side shoud be changes colour. I don't know wether you can use html codes on this forum, but here goes.

im not sure about this i may do it later
Quote:

The mates page works fine and looks great although I think that all the photos should be black and white to tie in with the theme.

erm i prefer to leave the pics how my freinds send me em, so its how they want em, oh n i can use photoshop (badly but i can)Razz

Quote:
Ash looks like a cool friend and Toni looks sassy although Dan looks a bit full of himself. (Is that Craigs real hair?)

yeah ash is cool toni is sassy and yeah hard to beleve it is craigs real hair :S but dan is'nt full of himself hes cool (if its the pic where hes showin off is biecep its a joke i photoshoped his arm its nt half as big as that lol look under photoshoped link on the home page hes on one Winkhttp://www.themesite.co.uk/phpb2/viewtopic.php?t=32&sid=e53bdcb9d1f45209f5b3e5e48458dfa6

Quote:
the Photos & collage links don't work. Neither does the "Mates Sites" , "ICT Help" or "Links".

erm yeah Photos, "Mates Sites" , "ICT Help" or "Links" arnt made yet but college does work now the file name was wrong

Quote:
I think the images that rollover to the black and white form are so cool, I now might use them on my website.

thanks Very Happy

Quote:
if you do what I've suggested. By the way, if you submit your site to search engines make sure you use the home page not the enter page.

ooops its already on google :S too late :S

Quote:
The idea of poxyproxy is really good although it doesn't actually work. An error page comes it, like what the other person said in the reply before me. This is a great idea though and will be really useful for me and my friends when I go back to school and tell them so be sure to add a Hits/Stat counter here as your audience will definiately rise dramatically when it works.

Very Happy its working i will be sure to add a hit counte, i totlay forgot about it

thanks for all your comments i appresiate them im sorry i took so long to replay but i thourght i would make some of the changes before i replyed but thanks again

oh btw what part of england u from?
mattd8752
Make the hidden url expire after a set time, so admins at a school can't see what you were jumping over the security system for...
billybob
mattd8752 wrote:
Make the hidden url expire after a set time, so admins at a school can't see what you were jumping over the security system for...

hmm good idea bt im nt sure how to do it, u know how?
salman_500
man i like this system...it helped me acces webmesenger in the university and miniclip too......

note: im not a university student i just go the computer lab somtimes and i am allowed to coz my dad works there on a high post. Wink Cool
billybob
salman_500 wrote:
man i like this system...it helped me acces webmesenger in the university and miniclip too......

note: im not a university student i just go the computer lab somtimes and i am allowed to coz my dad works there on a high post. Wink Cool

kool if you like it tell everyone and if passible put a link on ur site Very Happy
n0obie4life
Quote:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8388609 bytes) in /home/themesit/public_html/poxyproxy/PoxyProxy.class.php on line 215

Well..I can't test it.
billybob
sorry about that i edit today in college because i couldent dload big files but it broke Sad but i fixed it Very Happy but still carnt dload big files through it Sad
salman_500
i already have a link to it frm my site.....you added them ur self to both of ur sites remember.....Gamers Online..... and i will appreciate it if you also add a link to my site frm ur site.....it will be link lik exchange...

here: http://gamersonline.frih.net

will appreciate..
billybob
erm i suppose i will but it carnt be on the home page but i will put a links page on it, im going to be editing the sites tonight so hopefull your link will be on by tmoro
billybob
oh actually you have a link on the site to "huge link exchange" (http://frihost.com/forums/vt-15235.html)but its an invisible link i will put a propper link to that if thats ok?
Kaisonic
Site looks good to me...nice job...I might have to try it tomorrow at school. It'd be especially useful for getting to these forums so I can post at school when I'm bored and so I can keep my free hosting account. Sweet. Definitely sweet. (Can you tell I'm typing extra nonsense to get points? Not sure if that's legal...but I think it's kinda funny) Yeah nice site. Definitely.
Panthrowzay
Im A bit more exprianced you at this and i have to say good gub intergrading fire your help and Get some more Local testers. And just use the common cgi one as a option

AND CHANGE YOUR DOMAIN NAME it will get blocked i say that from exp.
billybob
Panthrowzay wrote:
Im A bit more exprianced you at this and i have to say good gub intergrading fire your help and Get some more Local testers. And just use the common cgi one as a option

AND CHANGE YOUR DOMAIN NAME it will get blocked i say that from exp.

could you explane what you mean by the text i have put into italic and why do you think i need more testers oh and i do have http://www.poxyproxy.be but i guess this will get blocked just as easy so what names do you surgest thanks for the advice ::ryan::
billybob
new ways to access www.poxyproxy.com incase it gets blocked:

www.poxyproxy.be
www.jefjef.be

more will be avalible soon to check for the latest goto www.poxyproxy.com and click on "Other ways to access PoxyProxy" at the bottom
thanks

if anyone wants to take part in a link exchange with poxyproxy please contact me @ contactus@poxyproxy.com or just reply here thanks
wumingsden
I want to link exchange with you but my website is not yet finished. BillyBob, i cannot access your site @ school because the title contains poxyproxy.com, which is banned, could you strip the title?
billybob
wumingsden wrote:
I want to link exchange with you but my website is not yet finished. BillyBob, i cannot access your site @ school because the title contains poxyproxy.com, which is banned, could you strip the title?

i would prefer not to but if you first try the other urls listed in the following page that are also linked to poxyproxy if this doesnt work reply to this n i will remove the "poxyproxy" from the title http://www.poxyproxy.com/accesspoxyproxy.htm
thanks
ryan.
wumingsden
Thanks, I might not be at school for some time but I''ll see when I eventually go back.
billybob
wumingsden wrote:
Thanks, I might not be at school for some time but I''ll see when I eventually go back.

ok but if they dont work let me know n i'll sort it Very Happy
DX-Blog
It doesn't support web forwarding... Instead I get kicked to my domain registar, whilst in example CJB proxy works fine.
Jon82Brown
cool but it didnt work on my home comp ill try it at school that will be cool if it works but what if the school blocks poxyproxy.com???
Dark-Tech
it seems to work at home but i'd have to test it in school to see for sure
hahame
it will make perfect to some websites which are forbided accessing
billybob
Jon82Brown wrote:
cool but it didnt work on my home comp ill try it at school that will be cool if it works but what if the school blocks poxyproxy.com???

if the primary url gets blocked i have a list of others you can use Laughing http://poxyproxy.com/accesspoxyproxy.htm
darkdante
I did not get the error message like the above person so this is my conclusion.

Ok, on the Enter Page you have a "<" visable, as if you've tried to add a tag but somehow closed it off before you finished it. This looks a little unprofessional. Also, whats the need for the text and title to be a hyperlink? I would delete the "click Here to Enter" text. I would also change the colour of the title to white and change the blackground to black.
There are advertisements on the page too. I don't know wether your webHoster is free but if so I'd dump them just to get rid of the ads. If not then I guess that you put them up as affiliates. Move these to a page on their own, this would look way better. Also some images have that horrid red x mark, as your webhoster to get rid of these images and replace them with better ones.

On the Home Page I suggest to get an invisible stat counter, or a fake one that looks as if a lot of people have been there. The copyright text would look better something a bit like this:
All Rights Reserved

The layout of the page is good and I think the title and the menu at the top look cool, although I would make them smaller. Whats also really good is the updates section. If I was you I would probably invert the the colours of the "more links" section so the white become black, vise-versa.
Net Tools section is cool

What's your IP?
Net Tools
links
Photoshoped

Every little bit counts, i would therefore use a capital "L". It looks as if the Links Page isn't finished. The page looks dull, don't be afraid the add a bit of colour. Also the "poxyproxy" text isn't a hyperlink. Change the colour of the links and center them in the middle. make them bigger too unless your going to add hundreds more links.

<style type="text/css"><!-- body{scrollbar-track-color:#000000;scrollbar-highlight-color:#000000;scrollbar-3dlight-color:#ffffff;scrollbar-darkshadow-color:#ffffff;scrollbar-shadow-color:#000000;scrollbar-arrow-color:#000000;scrollbar-face-color:#ffffff} //--></style>

This code will be perfect for your site but you can modify it if you like.

(The best images there are all of the black and white ones. Use an image editor like photoshop CS2 - i use this - to crop the image better. The CS2 requires activation after being used 30times.) There are no images for Ben. Ash looks like a cool friend and Toni looks sassy although Dan looks a bit full of himself. (Is that Craigs real hair?)
Anyways, the Photos & collage links don't work. Neither does the "Mates Sites" , "ICT Help" or "Links".

All in all I tihnk that your site is pretty good but it will be way cooler if you do what I've suggested. By the way, if you submit your site to search engines make sure you use the home page not the enter page.

On the "poxyproxy" site the writing is a little unclear, try changing it to a darker colour. The actual body content of the website looks as if its been taken from another website. I suggest changing the blue colour to tie in more with your site.

If you need me contact me.
billybob
what are you doing? you just copyed and pasted that from wumingsden post in the same topics???? and you obiously didnt modyfi any of t as i have made most of the changes he surgested and it is working!!!
wumingsden
billybob wrote:
what are you doing? you just copyed and pasted that from wumingsden post in the same topics???? and you obiously didnt modyfi any of t as i have made most of the changes he surgested and it is working!!!

What a skank darkdante is. How can soembody have the nerve to do what you've done, darkdante. Its obvious why you've done it, you want to sound like a interlectual, no but seriously, do you really want points that bad? What makes me wonder is a) how can you think that you can get away with it and b) what makes you have the right to do something like this.

P.S I hope a Moderator finds your post and then wish for them to ban you and then hopefully that will teach you a lesson. Very Happy
billybob
so what do u all think of the site now after the improvements and the new forum http://www.poxyproxy.com

thanks
ryan
wumingsden
billybob wrote:
so what do u all think of the site now after the improvements and the new forum http://www.poxyproxy.com

thanks
ryan

I like the forum (I've also registered). What I don't like though is the ad which is about half-way down (it also cuts off one word which looks a little annoying).

Also, on the main page all the links from "Web Master:" downwards doesn't work.

***Wondering wether darkdante is going to steal my post again***
wumingsden
Also, on the main page you have an image with this text:

Quote:

Just type the address of any blocked website at your school or work etc. then press borwse

borwse should be browse

Also the add next to it is really annoying
billybob
hey thanks for the comments are the adds that anoying as they are actually making me some cash do you think there is anything that could make them less anoying?

i will edit the spelling mistake when i reinstall my software as i just formated so it will take a few days as i have coursework to do.

yeah i know bout the links each person is goin to have a page bt there not done yet. oh n thanks for regestering Very Happy you wonna b a moderator?

*n yeah he will probally steal ur post again* Laughing
wumingsden
billybob wrote:
hey thanks for the comments are the adds that anoying as they are actually making me some cash do you think there is anything that could make them less anoying?

i will edit the spelling mistake when i reinstall my software as i just formated so it will take a few days as i have coursework to do.

yeah i know bout the links each person is goin to have a page bt there not done yet. oh n thanks for regestering Very Happy you wonna b a moderator?

*n yeah he will probally steal ur post again* Laughing

There not annoying to everyone, just me. (I have something against them, still don't know what it is yet though Smile )

Yes, I'll be a Mod, check your PM box at the forum as I need to tell you a couple of things first. Also I have (nearly) finished an Exchange Hack for my forum, still a couple of bugs, so when its all done I'll add you as - i may as well tell you through PM, check it
billybob
Welcome wumingsden to the poxyproxy team Razz
bassgs_17
Great, I mean GREAT site! Goodbye, restrictions of Websense!
-Aquastrike
xorcist
Nope the .be domain it works with websense. I was trying to get to a website but it was blocked by websense.
billybob
try http://ryan.ashst.com/poxyproxy/ Smile let me know if it works
thanks
ryan
xorcist
Ya the last link you gave me worked the .be domain works. Is just you have to take out the Meta tags or put something else in the meta tags.
billybob
which meta tag do u need me to change ?
billybob
The Site has now been updated

All suggestions of improvement
would be greatly appreciated..
Thanks
wumingsden
billybob wrote:

Thanks

Still don't like the ads (thats just me) but it does tie in with the colour scheme nicely. i see that the word "browse" has been rectafied which is good although no links are accessable (of your friends). I like the updated TheMeSite Very Happy
billybob
wumingsden wrote:
billybob wrote:

Thanks

Still don't like the ads (thats just me) but it does tie in with the colour scheme nicely. i see that the word "browse" has been rectafied which is good although no links are accessable (of your friends). I like the updated TheMeSite Very Happy

Thanks
I dont know what im going to do with all the freinds links i might just link an image of the people in the links.....that could b an idea

as for THEmeSITE.co.uk i started the new look then forgot to carrie it on, ive been abit bussy latly but i will finesh it soon....mayb Razz

BTW would u like your name on the bottom or a link to your site, seen as u have put alot of work into the forum Very Happy
wumingsden
billybob wrote:
wumingsden wrote:
billybob wrote:

Thanks

Thanks
I dont know what im going to do with all the freinds links i might just link an image of the people in the links.....that could b an idea

as for THEmeSITE.co.uk i started the new look then forgot to carrie it on, ive been abit bussy latly but i will finesh it soon....mayb Razz

BTW would u like your name on the bottom or a link to your site, seen as u have put alot of work into the forum Very Happy

In my opinion I didn't put a lot of work into the forum but some say I'm too modest. I went there not long ago and the community doesn't seem to have progressed. I'd make the link mroe visible, like changing the colour of the link.

If you do want to add a link my internet name is WuMing, the address is www.mezmorizing.frih.net ~ the best host in my opinion Very Happy A new domain will be added soon so i'll PM it you
billybob
Quote:
In my opinion I didn't put a lot of work into the forum but some say I'm too modest. I went there not long ago and the community doesn't seem to have progressed. I'd make the link mroe visible, like changing the colour of the link.

If you do want to add a link my internet name is WuMing, the address is www.mezmorizing.frih.net ~ the best host in my opinion Very Happy A new domain will be added soon so i'll PM it you

I will make thoese changes now, I have had an idea what about hiding all the options on the homepage and then having an advanced option, which will then revel all the options, this will give the users a choice if they wish to use them or not.

what do you think?
Blaster
Finally a site to do this!!!! I will test it out tomorrow!!!! Thank you so much. I will tell you more about it tomorrow.
billybob
Blaster wrote:
Finally a site to do this!!!! I will test it out tomorrow!!!! Thank you so much. I will tell you more about it tomorrow.

Glad to be of service Laughing

WuMing: your link is on (near the top too) Razz , oh im nt sure about changing the colour of the forum link, can u surgest a colour and i will check it out.
thanks
ryan
joshua_erceg
What a great Idea! Very Happy
Blaster
Yea i jonied the forum and have to say i like the forum templete. I really really like it Very Happy

Make it so schools can't block it. Our school has already blocked the site. So now i am pissed. Confused Is there a way where you can do that? Can you put the proxy site on another website? I want to use it! Like just give me all of the files and crap. How much disk space does it use?
wumingsden
Blaster wrote:
Yea i jonied the forum and have to say i like the forum templete. I really really like it Very Happy

Make it so schools can't block it. Our school has already blocked the site. So now i am pissed. Confused Is there a way where you can do that? Can you put the proxy site on another website? I want to use it! Like just give me all of the files and crap. How much disk space does it use?

I'd try using the Hex code #FFFF00 - i know its a little drastic but it may solve the problem. You should also create a more suitable image for the shop.
Blaster, the script caled PHproxy is not allowed to be used on FriHost as well as similar scripts that do the same thing.
If you however want to use it elsewhere where its allowed then it can be downloaded from http://whitefyre.com/ Note that you probably want be able to do it yourself so I'd get help from somebody experienced.
billybob
Blaster wrote:

Don’t worry I have it all under control...well did have and soon will again, hopefully I have a lot of other domains witch were "Added on" which wont be blocked via your school but i have recently moved hosts (i dont have direct acess to the new one just ftp so it may take a few days to sort)as I had to remove it from my last "paid host" due to it using high CPU usage, it doesn’t use much Disk space just CPU usage and about 2-4 GIG a day bandwidth..

If u need help setting PHProxy up just ask it’s not that hard but not on fri host

P.s. thanks for joining the forum you are now a MOD Wink
billybob
I have now had a change around with the ads,
and just for wumingsden i have removed the ad on the forum Laughing
the main ad on the home page has been removed and replaced by a small google text ad underneath the banner i have also place a ad on the section where you browse other sites Surprised which is much better for revenue but not nearly enough Crying or Very sad

I am also testing a new idea and if it proves successful I will add it to the home page, what it is, is all of the options are removed from the initial home page so that it is less cluttered but it is possible to use the options via clicking the advanced button, this will allow me to add content to the home page like a small welcome message and a description of how to use the website.
You will be able to test the idea at
www.poxyproxy.com/advanced/test/

All feedback on this idea and any advice on how to increase the revenue would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Ryan
wumingsden
billybob wrote:
I have now had a change around with the ads,
and just for wumingsden i have removed the ad on the forum Laughing
the main ad on the home page has been removed and replaced by a small google text ad underneath the banner i have also place a ad on the section where you browse other sites Surprised which is much better for revenue but not nearly enough Crying or Very sad

I am also testing a new idea and if it proves successful I will add it to the home page, what it is, is all of the options are removed from the initial home page so that it is less cluttered but it is possible to use the options via clicking the advanced button, this will allow me to add content to the home page like a small welcome message and a description of how to use the website.
You will be able to test the idea at
www.poxyproxy.com/advanced/test/

All feedback on this idea and any advice on how to increase the revenue would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Ryan

I would change:

Code:

<!--
body {
   background-color: #FFFFFF;
}
.style1 {color: #CCCCCC}
-->

to...

Code:

<!--
body {
   background-color: #000000;
}
.style1 {color: #CCCCCC}
-->

to make the whole background of the page black instead of white
billybob
I have maded the changes to the test page,
i am supprised with change i like the background black i think i will be keeping it like that, i'll just get afew peoples views and if all goes well i will make the change somtime tnight or tmoro

the change can be seen at www.poxyproxy.com/advanced/test/
wumingsden
billybob wrote:
i am supprised with change i like the background black i think i will be keeping it like that, i'll just get afew peoples views and if all goes well i will make the change somtime tnight or tmoro

The Advanced thing doesn't work for me, i don't know about anybody else.
About the colour change, I use IE and i cna see the proxy related stuff but around the outside i can also see white background, which is referred to above which i fount in the source code
billybob
wumingsden wrote:
billybob wrote:

About the colour change, I use IE and i cna see the proxy related stuff but around the outside i can also see white background, which is referred to above which i fount in the source code

yeah i didnt test it in ie i will sort the advanced bit out now, i dont know what you mean about the white background as its changed to black for for me in both Fire Fox and ie (screen print below) but i haev noticed that the table is left aligned in ie and centerd in FireFox do you have get the same thing?
thanks
Ryan

http://www.poxyproxy.com/advanced/test/ie_test.jpg

P.s. the advanced button shold now work
wumingsden
billybob wrote:
wumingsden wrote:
billybob wrote:

yeah i didnt test it in ie i will sort the advanced bit out now, i dont know what you mean about the white background as its changed to black for for me in both Fire Fox and ie (screen print below) but i haev noticed that the table is left aligned in ie and centerd in FireFox do you have get the same thing?
thanks
Ryan

http://www.poxyproxy.com/advanced/test/ie_test.jpg

P.s. the advanced button shold now work

Yes, the advanced button is now working. On the screenshot it shows the background as black, here's my screenshot:

www.mezmorizing.frih.net/screenshot.JPG
billybob
Quote:
Yes, the advanced button is now working. On the screenshot it shows the background as black, here's my screenshot:

www.mezmorizing.frih.net/screenshot.JPG

Hmmm..... erm try (Ctrl+F5) if nt, i dont have a clue if..... it doesnt work tell me and i will take another look at the code it might be in the style sheet... Confused

*edit* on the screen shot your browser is pointed at www.poxyptoxy.com i have only edited the test page at www.poxyproxy.com/advanced/test/
wumingsden
The Advanced page shows correctly. The other one doesn't. I believe the code problem lies within a couple of posts above which i postd when i looked at the source
billybob
I was gettin worried then, thourhgt ide messed the code up, ive only changed the test page see the quote from my eirly post

billybob wrote:

sorry about that
ryan
warallthetm
I have used the exact script before. It is a real pain. I got kicked from my last host cuz i crashed the server. Appaerently there was a "POWER" user who used an automated scrpit to view websites. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
joshua_erceg
I had a look & it's looking good ^^
I can't access it from school, so I'll have a look on your site to see if it can help ^^
billybob
warallthetm wrote:
I have used the exact script before. It is a real pain. I got kicked from my last host cuz i crashed the server. Appaerently there was a "POWER" user who used an automated scrpit to view websites. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

i had a simular problem with my current paid host, they made me remove it as it was taking up 60% of the servers CPU usage Rolling Eyes somthing about the script not disconecting from the server but were reviewing the script to see if we can solve the problem.

Quote:
I had a look & it's looking good ^^
I can't access it from school, so I'll have a look on your site to see if it can help ^^

try and access it via www.bargin.be @ school
joshua_erceg
^
Thankyou! ^^
It Works! Very Happy Very Happy
billybob
We Are BACK!!!! we have been down for arround a week after been kicked off another paid host, but we are back yet again and this time it should be for good, due to some massive changes to the script!

please leave commets about the site, all comments,surgestions are always welcome!
thanks
ryan
Blaster
yea. I was missing it. It truely is an awesome site. Very Happy
{name here}
Looks better than before. Keep up the good work with the Proxy.
wumingsden
I like the new style. the intergration with the ads is also really good, - i bet you'd never thought I'd ever say that Very Happy

You recieve an error from the followling line in index.html:

Code:

<script type="text/javascript">et_eC('mjVWvm');</script>

Also the banner has been replaced with the wrong one, the word browse is mispelt.

What are the checkboxes at the bottom of the page for ?
Blaster
Wow wuming saying that he liked the ads. Moment in history. Shocked

The whole site look better. I still an in love with the forum skin. Very Happy
billybob
Thanks for all the comments Very Happy

wumingsden wrote:
I like the new style. the intergration with the ads is also really good, - i bet you'd never thought I'd ever say that Very Happy

You recieve an error from the followling line in index.html:

Code:

<script type="text/javascript">et_eC('mjVWvm');</script>

Also the banner has been replaced with the wrong one, the word browse is mispelt.

What are the checkboxes at the bottom of the page for ?

I've removed that piece of code (it was part of the sedo tracker, I might put it back on, at a later date)....as for the check boxes I am having problems with them, due to the changes I have made to the script, If they are removed the script fails! So I moved them to the bottom of the page (out of the way) for the moment untill I get time to take another look at it.
mathiaus
you realise some blockers actually block your site because of your meta tags right Question Why not create another page like index2.php which is the same but with the meta tags so people can actually use it but google can still find you?
billybob
mathiaus wrote:
you realise some blockers actually block your site because of your meta tags right Question Why not create another page like index2.php which is the same but with the meta tags so people can actually use it but google can still find you?

I'm not exacally sure what you mean... make a 2nd page with the same meta's Confused what would this achieve... I do have other urls such as www.bargin.be that uses I frames so there are no meta tags at all in them
mathiaus
billybob wrote:
I'm not exacally sure what you mean... make a 2nd page with the same meta's Confused what would this achieve... I do have other urls such as www.bargin.be that uses I frames so there are no meta tags at all in them

The same page but without the meta tags. Although that other page doesnt have the metas which could get it blocked the page in the frame still does. Not all blockers care about frames but some do Mad
billybob
mathiaus wrote:
billybob wrote:

The same page but without the meta tags. Although that other page doesnt have the metas which could get it blocked the page in the frame still does. Not all blockers care about frames but some do Mad

ok i'll get onto it.. but once i have made the page without the meta tags what shall i do... I mean as no 1 will know about the 2nd page...just a link from the home page? or make a subdomain?

thanks
ryan

P.s. do I need to remove all the meta tags... or is it just <keywords> or <title> ...

*Edit*
I think i will also change the other domains to pont to the new page....
mathiaus
billybob wrote:
do I need to remove all the meta tags... or is it just <keywords> or <title> ...

*Edit*

Well definately the keywords but I'm not sure about the title. Good idea with the domains Very Happy
billybob
mathiaus wrote:
billybob wrote:
do I need to remove all the meta tags... or is it just <keywords> or <title> ...

*Edit*

Well definately the keywords but I'm not sure about the title. Good idea with the domains Very Happy

I will change the title just to make sure but... It still needs to say poxyproxy or look as if it does so do you think I would get away with "P0xy Pr0xy" or somthing like "P-o-x-y_P-r-ox-y"
billybob
Done!
the page is www.poxyproxy.com/index2.html
the following domains also point to that page although they may take arround 30 mins to change over...:

www.bargin.be
www.bargins.be
www.ecarbooters.be
www.exibition.be
www.poxyproxy.be

thanks for the idea mathiaus Very Happy
Technaut
yea! it back! you have now idea how much i use your site. it's great. i use the computer at the library, and they block alot of things that have nothing to do with the reason they block them (they use the infamous Bess firewall).
billybob
Technaut wrote:
yea! it back! you have now idea how much i use your site. it's great. i use the computer at the library, and they block alot of things that have nothing to do with the reason they block them (they use the infamous Bess firewall).

Thats the main reason why I set the site up in the first place, after been really fustrated trying to get on sites that I needed for my work.... but also the ability to play games was also nice Wink
Blaster
billybob wrote:
Done!
the page is www.poxyproxy.com/index2.html
the following domains also point to that page although they may take arround 30 mins to change over...:

www.bargin.be
www.bargins.be
www.ecarbooters.be
www.exibition.be
www.poxyproxy.be

thanks for the idea mathiaus Very Happy

This will make it easier to access the sites. If they block one domain then you use another. Also you can use the IP address to get to it. Very Happy
billybob
Blaster wrote:

This will make it easier to access the sites. If they block one domain then you use another. Also you can use the IP address to get to it. Very Happy

Yup Very Happy but if these do get blocked contact me either via email or PM me on here on my forum and i will give you another URL, i dont publisise this one as if the ICT support actually bother to look arround my site they will find those URL and if they have any sence will block them...so just PM me if they get banned Cool

P.S. try and tell everyone you know that we are back online... as i have lost a LOAD of visitors!! arround 1,000 Crying or Very sad Laughing hmmm
myrevolt
Looks good. It is unfortunate that I will not that I will not be able to test it out until September-ish. darn. Although truly I only wish to as a proof of concept, rather than telling anyone at my school. Else there will be "renewed interest in the library" (think: flocks of myspace-ers)

*Edit: on an unrelated note: I have moved up ranking! Darn. I liked the Adolescent Frihoster rank image; the next one I like is Addicted Frihoster*
Kaisonic
My dumb school blocked the normal URL (poxyproxy.com), but I can use any of the alternate URLs. Unfortunately, when I put in a site to go to, another blocked page comes up with the URL http://stealthclick.com/phproxy/index.php?q=YnVsbGNhcC5jb20-&hl=1101001. Is there a way to fix this?
billybob
Kaisonic wrote:
My dumb school blocked the normal URL (poxyproxy.com), but I can use any of the alternate URLs. Unfortunately, when I put in a site to go to, another blocked page comes up with the URL http://stealthclick.com/phproxy/index.php?q=YnVsbGNhcC5jb20-&hl=1101001. Is there a way to fix this?

yeah sure I will sort it by tmoro Wink
billybob
it should work now if not reply here, and I will fix it

thanks
ryan
DeFwh
I love poxyproxy but funny thing is that my school blocks proxies.

So i guess we need a new one.
bassgs_17
Once again, you've done an excellent job. I really do find poxyproxy useful; it really stands alone from the hundreds of proxies on the net.
-Aquastrike
billybob
DeFwh wrote:
I love poxyproxy but funny thing is that my school blocks proxies.

So i guess we need a new one.

have you tryed accessing poxyproxy via www.bargin.be ???