FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Some cPanel and cvsquestions and stuff

simplyw00x
1. How can I get FTP log access to work?
I've tried ftp://simplyw0@mypass:mywebsite.frihost.net/ (just an abbreviation, I've tried several clients). It gives me 'wrong password' errors when I use the normal FTP password (which works for normal FTP), but nowhere does it tell me what said password is.

2. Can I do cvs or something (read on)
I have builded my very own CMS (called carapraceCMS), which currently runs two websites and will shortly run three. I want some way of keeping 3 versions (school, home and hosted) of this up-to-date, and keeping all website-nonspecific data in sync across each website.
Currently uber1337 method is to create symlinks to a central carapraceCMS folder, which nicely keeps all the various website versions of the CMS in sync. I now need a way of interactively syncing the various versions. Don't make me write a shell/PHP script :p

Any help on either issue greatly appreciated.
Sunny
For Ftp you should be trying

ftp://simplyw0:mypass@mywebsite.frihost.net/

Or alternatively if you are using Internet Explorer you can go to ftp://frihost.net , then Click file on top and Click "Login as"

or You can use any ftp agent like filezila which will give you many more options and are better then Explorer ftp.
simplyw00x
Thanks for the reply but you miss my point. I wasn't using that string, I was just typing that as an abbreviation of:

Server: mysite.frihost.net
User: simplyw0_logs
Pass: mypass

I've tried several FTPs including Filezilla, the problem is that the password is wrong. Any more ideas?
Daniel15
If you're using your cPanel username, the password is the same one you use for cPanel.

If you've created another FTP account, the password will be the one you specify. Make sure to type the FULL username as it is specified in cPanel, eg. ftpuser@yoursite.frihost.net

If you're still having problems, try toggling the 'Passive' option. In FileZilla, this is in the Site Manager.
n0obie4life
In Filezilla

URL - frihost.net
USER - cpanel user
PASS - cpanel pass
simplyw00x
Ok, I'm not sure people understand my FTP problem:
Normal FTP works fine. Log access via FTP gives an 'incorrect password' error
n0obie4life
Oh sorry, but anyway, to your second question, I have asked it before. It's not possible to have a CVS on frihost Smile
simplyw00x
Quote:
Oh sorry, but anyway, to your second question, I have asked it before. It's not possible to have a CVS on frihost Smile

No problem. Is there any other sort of possibly PHP-based file synchronisation software or script or something? I'm not in the mood for phat programming projects right now...
Daniel15
simplyw00x wrote:
Ok, I'm not sure people understand my FTP problem:
Normal FTP works fine. Log access via FTP gives an 'incorrect password' error

You didn't mention that in your original post. Oh wait, yes you did (I just noticed now Wink). Did you try adding a 'logs' user? Why don't you just download the raw log via cPanel?

Quote:
Is there any other sort of possibly PHP-based file synchronisation software or script or something?

I'm not sure if anything like that has been made. Why not just get FTP synchronisation software, create another FTP account and use that for all your synchronising? Maybe Google will help you find some software
simplyw00x
Quote:
Did you try adding a 'logs' user?

There is one created by default

Quote:
Why don't you just download the raw log via cPanel?

I want stats on a subdomain

I'll look into FTP synchro but it looks a little inflexible from here. Thanks anyway.
simplyw00x
badabump
simplyw00x
any help?
Bondings
simplyw00x, I would love to help you, but I really don't know how and that's why I didn't post in this thread earlier.