FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google™ API Key?

Phil
I was trying to check my site ranking via some Google tools and was informed by the site I need a Google API Key.
What is a "Google™ API Key"? And just how important is it? Will having it help my page ranking any?
S3nd K3ys
Phil wrote:
I was trying to check my site ranking via some Google tools and was informed by the site I need a Google API Key.
What is a "Google™ API Key"? And just how important is it? Will having it help my page ranking any?

Look here...
shabda
Gmail key is needed to let you access google index via google api from your custom code, away from browser. You are limited to 1000 queries a day per key.
silentpark
http://api.google.com/createkey

all you need is a google account.. ^^ Smile
Phil
So basically, it's just a login to some google accounts.
Does anyone find this service useful?
shabda
Quote:
So basically, it's just a login to some google accounts.

Oh no it allows you to write programs which querry googles databses. There are many programs written which make use of this api and its available with use in java, python, probably PHP and some others.
mustaq
google api is nothing but used to ask qurrie to the google server it limit number of qurries for each person per day you will be abale to qurrie only for 1000 times not more than that
boringest
i used to use it for my website where it scans through the content on it and present related google searches at the bottom...pretty useful but uses quite alot of cpu power i think.