FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Parked domain?

Reiji
Well, my problem with the domain register-thing is over.

Now, i parked y domain, but it redirects to reiji.frihost.net and I want it to redirect to reiji.frihost.net/pokedom

Can this be done?
mathiaus
should've told me. remove the parked domain and go to addon domains. Addon domains point to a directory (pokedon in your case)
Reiji
I did it...

I created a subdomain called pokedom.reiji.frihost.net and pointed it to reiji.frihost.net/pokedom then added the addon domain, but it goes to reiji.frihost.net anyway.
Sunny
Reiji wrote:
I did it...

I created a subdomain called pokedom.reiji.frihost.net and pointed it to reiji.frihost.net/pokedom then added the addon domain, but it goes to reiji.frihost.net anyway.

What I understand is that you have bought a new domain and you want it to show reiji.frihost.net/pokedom

If thats right, then you do not need to create a subdomain.
Go to Control Panel>>>Addon Domain> where it says domain name give your domain name and under directory name option give pakedom
Now your domain should show reiji.frihost.net/pokedom
Reiji
Sunny wrote:

What I understand is that you have bought a new domain and you want it to show reiji.frihost.net/pokedom

If thats right, then you do not need to create a subdomain.
Go to Control Panel>>>Addon Domain> where it says domain name give your domain name and under directory name option give pokedom
Now your domain should show reiji.frihost.net/pokedom

Well, i did it, deleted my subdomain, used pokedom.be, then pokedom as the directory...but it still goes to reiji.frihost.net.

T_T
aphex
sometimes the redirection takes more time...
Reiji
Ok, ill wait ^^

If dont work, for tonight, I will tell you here again Wink.
Bondings
Reiji wrote:
Ok, ill wait ^^

Waiting shouldn't change anything in this case.

A quite common mistake is that people use the redirect option on the addon domains page after 'addonning' the domain. If you did that, then just remove the redirection and it should be working.
Reiji
Bondings wrote:
Reiji wrote:
Ok, ill wait ^^

Waiting shouldn't change anything in this case.

A quite common mistake is that people use the redirect option on the addon domains page after 'addonning' the domain. If you did that, then just remove the redirection and it should be working.

No, i removed the redirect and still points to reiji.frihost.net

I dont know if this has something to do, but in reiji.frihost.net i edited the .htaccess file so when you enter there it takes you to reiji.frihost.net/blog, so when you enter pokedom.be it takes you to my blog.
Sunny
Reiji wrote:

I dont know if this has something to do, but in reiji.frihost.net i edited the .htaccess file so when you enter there it takes you to reiji.frihost.net/blog, so when you enter pokedom.be it takes you to my blog.

pokedom.be is working fine for me as it should.

PS : you need to upload an index.html file in your public_html folder or disable indexing for that folder.
Reiji
Sunny wrote:

pokedom.be is working fine for me as it should.

PS : you need to upload an index.html file in your public_html folder or disable indexing for that folder.

Its working, but it redirects to http://reiji.frihost.net/blog/ when its supposed to redirect to http://reiji.frihost.net/pokedom/

And I will upload the index.html
Sunny
This is what I see when I Open your sites.

http://sunny.frihost.net/ss.GIF
Reiji
Sunny wrote:
This is what I see when I Open your sites.

http://sunny.frihost.net/ss.GIF

Then if thats what shows its ok the domain then...

Now why it still shows me y blog if its not supposed to do that?
gonzo
flush YOUR browser cache
Reiji
All right, now it works...

Thanks for everything guys! Wink