FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

free ipod type sites

hrdfarkr
I won't post any links here because I know thats not allowed.

I was wondering how many people here participate in these types of referral sites.

I have been signing up and getting referrals for quite some time and have managed to score alot of nice free toys, anyone else?

Just as a starter, so far I have received:
2 iPod shuffles
1 20g iPod
2 4g iPod nanos
1 60g iPod
1 Tivo
1 sony dscm1 camera
2 xbox 360's (not received yet, approved and waiting for shipping)

I have paid for some of the referrals, which does take the free out of free ipod, but as an example I paid for 1 referral on each nano site, but I sold both iPod shuffles for 100 dollars. The referrals, even the paid referrals more then equal the price of the reward.
Davidgr1200
I must admit that I have NOT participated. Nice to hear that somebody has got something aout of them though.
raman
I think those things are usually classified as pyramid schemes but I never tried one out before.
gonzo
"I received my big bag of cash and my new porsche so you should just click my link"

lying to get people to click your link? nahhh, no one would do that in their quest for free, shiny things!
hrdfarkr
gonzo wrote:
"I received my big bag of cash and my new porsche so you should just click my link"

lying to get people to click your link? nahhh, no one would do that in their quest for free, shiny things!

Please...do me a favor, before drooling on your keyboard, take a second and show me the link I posted jackass.

I'm sorry you don't like freeipod type sites, but since there isn't a link and it's a discussion, if you don't have something to add...STFU.

While you are busy trying to figure out what STFU means, check out the following images of a few of the items I have received. Then call me a liar again you stupid ass.

My FREE ipod
My FREE Tivo (actually a replay unit)
My FREE Sony DSC M1
ldnet
hrdfarkr wrote:
I won't post any links here because I know thats not allowed.

I was wondering how many people here participate in these types of referral sites.

I have been signing up and getting referrals for quite some time and have managed to score alot of nice free toys, anyone else?

Just as a starter, so far I have received:
2 iPod shuffles
1 20g iPod
2 4g iPod nanos
1 60g iPod
1 Tivo
1 sony dscm1 camera
2 xbox 360's (not received yet, approved and waiting for shipping)

I have paid for some of the referrals, which does take the free out of free ipod, but as an example I paid for 1 referral on each nano site, but I sold both iPod shuffles for 100 dollars. The referrals, even the paid referrals more then equal the price of the reward.

add me on msn or aim at
semir.ahmic@gmail.com
streetwarz1990
Mark999111
hrdfarkr wrote:
gonzo wrote:

Please...do me a favor, before drooling on your keyboard, take a second and show me the link I posted jackass.

I'm sorry you don't like freeipod type sites, but since there isn't a link and it's a discussion, if you don't have something to add...STFU.

While you are busy trying to figure out what STFU means, check out the following images of a few of the items I have received. Then call me a liar again you stupid ***.

My FREE ipod
My FREE Tivo (actually a replay unit)
My FREE Sony DSC M1

well arent you just hardcore with your naughty words

replying like that only proves further that you didnt acually recieve those items. Who in the right mind would give that stuff away for free?
silvermesh
Mark999111 wrote:
Who in the right mind would give that stuff away for free?

I know, thats almost as crazy as someone who would give away free high quality web hosting!
gh0stface
These schemes do work. But in order for you to get these items, you pretty much sell your soul to various companies for information on you ;(

I too have a couple of buddies whom actually recieved items. There have been a lot of websites devoted to these free items along with news pieces that have proven it to be true.

However, these offers tend to be only good in the U.S.
SNES350
I did the original free iPods site (by Gratis) and got a 20GB 4G iPod, though it took about 2 months from me entering my shipping information until I actually recieved it. It also appeared to be refurbished, as it had a strange line in the LCD in which the liquid appeared to be greenish and some other colors under a certain angle of light with the backlight off.

I've also seen someone else scam the Gratis site for a free iPod, and it took him relatively little effort. I'm not condoning it but I thought it odd that they didn't have a better system in place to prevent someone from simply registering then referring themself 5x.
Mark999111
silvermesh wrote:
Mark999111 wrote:
Who in the right mind would give that stuff away for free?

I know, thats almost as crazy as someone who would give away free high quality web hosting!

ah but there is a simple concept behind free webhosting-money from advertising
hrdfarkr
Quote:

There is just as simple a concept of awarding gifts for advertising.

These companies require that you and several friends sign up and complete a trial offer for a company.

Quote:

replying like that only proves further that you didnt acually recieve those items. Who in the right mind would give that stuff away for free?

I'm really sorry if you don't approve of my language, however I don't handle being called a liar very well. Especially by someone who has never met me, knows nothing about me, and has clearly not read what I have written and just gives an uneducated knee jerk reaction.
n0obie4life
Quote:
I'm really sorry if you don't approve of my language, however I don't handle being called a liar very well. Especially by someone who has never met me, knows nothing about me, and has clearly not read what I have written and just gives an uneducated knee jerk reaction.

I approve of it and it's well said.
gonzo
hrdfarkr wrote:
gonzo wrote:

Please...do me a favor, before drooling on your keyboard, take a second and show me the link I posted jackass.... STFU...STFU

Was I quoting you, Mr Decorum?
DannyDean
If you ask me? I don't believe so much in Giveaways... Well, that's also might because I'm from Israel, and I know that because of this fact, I would not get anything...
Mark999111
hrdfarkr wrote:
Quote:

There is just as simple a concept of awarding gifts for advertising.

These companies require that you and several friends sign up and complete a trial offer for a company.

Quote:

Fair enough, i dont mind swearing at all but swearing at someone who simply said liar seemed a bit harsh. Meh mabye i just dont take ofence at being called a liar as much as some people do

I still dont get how this free ipod etc. works? You must really have to sell yourself to dozens of companys?
justup2002
i never participated in those i always thought they were a scam to gat advertizment money i never thought i would get something but maybe i will try it
Keshav
Hey, even I always feel that you never get the stuff in the end. Because nothing comes free right?
hrdfarkr
the free sites definitely work. I would point out that I did create an email account just for these sites, and I do get spammed there quite a bit. The interesting thing from my perspective is that I haven't gotten any snail mailed advertising. I was thinking I would be inundated with crap mail at my home. I've received none, the email on the other hand is in the range of 50-100 a day. Keeping in mind I signed up for literally about 20 of these websites.

I worked in internet advertising for a few years, I've seen the dirty underbelly, but i've also seen how this advertising works for them. On average a company will pay 10-40 dollars for a new customer based on their income per customer. For example, I site that charges recurring fees for a service, like a DVD or CD distribution site like Columbia house, winds up making way more then the 40 dollars that they pay advertising affiliates per new signup. 6 referrals for an ipod nearly pays for it. Add to the 240 they just made the amount of people who never get the full amount of required referrals and they are making WAY more then they pay out for products. Freepay has given away more then 1 million dollars in free items, so has Offercentric. These are the two main companies that operate in this type of industry.

I am sorry this turned into such an ugly topic, I had honestly hoped for some interesting feedback on why people don't get involved, not to get people from this forum to sign up, but hopefully to set something up on my website to help convince some of the maybe type of peopel that this type of website does work.

I will be receiving 2 xbox360's hopefully before Christmas, if I do I will post some nice images online again. If anyone is interested in seeing the invoice I will photograph that as well. It lists the company that owns the website as the purchaser, and it shows a zero dollar receipt to me, essentially a gift receipt for warranty purposes.
mun
has anyone recieved anything
thats from canada???????
hrdfarkr
I know that Offercentric just opened up to the UK, and Canada, but they are only sending paypal until they find solid Canadian distributors.

Freepay is sending ipods and digital cameras to Canada, the UK, Germany and a few other places.
Mark999111
My biggest fear is getting ripped off

Like you said you signed up for about 20 of these things, but you never recieved 20 ipods? Finding the right one would take ages i think

meh, if my ipod breaks (again) mabye ill go about trying to get a free one
hrdfarkr
I'm actually just focusing on one site at a time, I've already finished 12 of the 20. Some I don't know if I will ever finish, I have a 42" plasma site which is 20 refs, and a laptop site which is 18. I also have a few new sites like a Sony PS3 which I signed up for a few days ago. I have a flatscreen (lcd or tv) site which I only need 2 or 3 more refs, and an LCD site which im waiting for someone's offer to be confirmed on and I will order.

The original sites are harder, because everyone signed up as individuals already, so no trading or congas assisted in moving people to the finish. For instance, the original iPod site freeipods.com I still need 3 of 5 referrals to finish, they have changed the iPod from a 20g 4th gen to a 30g video iPod, but everyone in the free stuff community has started this site, and I dont even know where to begin trying to find UK or German referrals.
php_wizard_l33t
I have signed up before at freeipods.com and I have completed it and recieved my iPOD. After I completed it, they took about a month to get me the package of the iPOD, and the iPOD itself looked refurbished. I am pretty sure it probably was, but there was nothing wrong with it, the LCD was fine, and it worked perfectly with my PC. Hell, it was free and nothing wrong with it, who would want more?
PatTheGreat42
I always get bored with them and then quit.

I think the best way to make a profit off of these sites is to sell the link on eBay. I've seen links to sites that will give you a free xBox 360 go for hundreds of dollars.

On a related note, I watched one auction yesterday where a guy was selling a xBox 360 box. The auction closed at $635. It was hilarious.
TheNEC
some of the things you have to sign up for can actually be sometimes completely free, but if they do cost money, and you win a Nano for example, you actualy get about a 3000 percent getback. One of my friends actually got 3 ipods. He gave em away i believe. Nice guy.
hazmatt
If you just want money, many of them have paypal rewards. I'm working on a $1000 paypal for 22 referrals. I need 3 more. refstop is a good site to trade referrals with people.
scott28w
I did the freephotoipods site and got the ipod right when the video ipods were released. So I sold it on ebay and got $360.00 and then bought a brand new black video ipod Smile . I'm also in the process of getting a nano. I have all of my referals, i just am waiting to be approved.

make sure you follow all of the rules and stuff if your just starting out. It's a fun program but you must have patience.
hrdfarkr
I finished photoipods, but they changed it to premiumipods.com so I got a 60g video ipod instead.

ldnet: I added you to my contacts, but have not seen you online yet.
LumberJack
scott28w wrote:
I did the freephotoipods site and got the ipod right when the video ipods were released. So I sold it on ebay and got $360.00 and then bought a brand new black video ipod Smile . I'm also in the process of getting a nano. I have all of my referals, i just am waiting to be approved.

make sure you follow all of the rules and stuff if your just starting out. It's a fun program but you must have patience.

I really don't know what to think about these programs. I guess I just don't have the patience to be able to go through one.
eday2010
I think I will be checking this stuff out tonight.. I always like free stuff. I have a Yahoo! account for spam Smile
hrdfarkr
I just got my 27" television for free from the freepay flatscreens site...I'm almost done with their computer site and they are actually changing all the rewards on that site this week so it looks like new computer time for me.
hrdfarkr
I have finished almost all of these sites now, and I thought since I started this topic I should come back and post some updates.

I've got 3 ipods, a 20g 4th gen, a 30g video ipod and a 60g video ipod, I also got two ipod nanos, originally I had received two ipod shuffles. I have a 27" tv, new computer and ibook laptop. I have also received a PSP and a TIVO.

These sites work, however they have decided to make a massive change on some of these sites. Specifically, Freepay had decided to put a deadline on all of their sites. If you have already signed up, you have until 5/30 to finish, if not you have 90 days from the day you sign up to get those referrals.

If you have any questions im more then happy to help.[/i]
Stealth
I know of www.getitfree.net, www.get4friends.com, www.get5friends.com, www.get6friends.com and www.4freebie.com. Has anyone tried using these sites to get a free ipod????? Are these sites real? or are all of them just pyramid scheme scams????
jongoldsz
I guess I'll give a site like this a try.
Juparis
I tried some of these "Free!" sites a while ago, but oddly enough I never saw any of that "free" stuff. Every once in a while I'd receive an email (among the hundreds of spam that accompanied it) saying I needed to upgrade my account (by paying) if I expected to continue the "free" offer deal. None of those sites ever worked for me, so I'm still highly doubtful of others..

I'd like to try it again, but I'd need a lot of convincing (I don't want to have to delete another email just because the spam is outrageous).
Srs2388
I think most of the sites are scams... but congrats on finding one and getting stuff...
i have an iPod already but it wasn't free lol
smokey4life
I always wanted to try one of those just to see if it actually works or not however on ever single referral i have stumbled across they wanted me to sign up for something that costs $30 sometimes less sometimes more either way you cut it, like someone said before me that kinda takes the free part out of it at that price i would rather buy the product itself then subscribe for something i don't want. If anyone else has had good experiences with these sites let me know of a good one i do wish to try one out just out of curiosity.
hrdfarkr
I have completed many of these sites, but as I posted earlier, the sites from Freepay.com have changed and put in a 90 time limit. They are still legitimate, however it is alot more pressure to find people in 90 days, especially for the larger items like computers and laptops.

Get4friends etc...I have seen people who have finished the sites and received items. However in all the time I have been working on these sites, the smaller sites seem to be the ones with the most amount of scamming. Many of the smaller sites seem to gather some momentum, give out a bunch of gifts, then xlose their doors leaving alot of people empty handed.

Freepay.com and Offercentric.com both offer large corporate backgrounds to their sites. They are huge marketing firms and have both handed out millions in prizes already. TRAINN and GiftFiesta come in a close second, being smaller companies who have lived long enough to earn respect. I would be cautious going for the smaller ones without seeing alot more confirmation from them.
sibbahz
Ive tryed these sites before, but gave up after getting only one refferal. It didnt cost me any money though as i signed up for a free trial of DVD rental. Nice to see some people are having some luck with them though
Rmgk
WHAT... people ACTUALLY get SOMETHING out of these things, i thought they were all just scams
joshdifabio
i always thought these looked really dodgy but after reading some of the replies in this topic i may have to give it a go!
Juparis
Hmm.... I'm very tempted, but still not sure.. Can you really win a laptop? (I need a new one... badly)

I'll try and check out those sites sometimes, although I'd feel a lot more comfortable if more than one person had a success story to share..
dz9c
I honestly dont trust those things at all. Confused
hrdfarkr
You can definitely get a laptop. I am 18 people away from a macbook pro. I have already received a ton of free items and trust the two main companies who I have mentioned. The hardest part is convincing people that they aren't being scammed, they just need to be willing to do a little work to get a nice reward.
jongoldsz
Well, I don't really know about that, because the only way you can get the Macbook Pro is if they also complete all of the things you did. Like refer 20 people and complete offers.
Juparis
Ah, so that's the catch then.. You get 20 people, but they have to get 20 people as well...
It's hard enough to try and tell anyone that it's not spam, but to get them to do the same?

I just don't know enough people. Sad
Bob Simmons
I have to try those things sometime.
If you got ALL of that....just imagine...~looks at sky eyes glazed over in wonder~
Scorpio
hrdfarkr wrote:
You can definitely get a laptop. I am 18 people away from a macbook pro. I have already received a ton of free items and trust the two main companies who I have mentioned. The hardest part is convincing people that they aren't being scammed, they just need to be willing to do a little work to get a nice reward.

Not being in the US may sometimes be a hampering disadvantage
Blaster
hrdfarkr wrote:

Wow i wish i could get some of that. That is sooo cool. I want a macbook pro. Very Happy So it is defenitly not a scam. Sweet

Yea there are disadvantages. Many disadvatages. Very Happy
Bob Simmons
hazmatt wrote:
If you just want money, many of them have paypal rewards. I'm working on a $1000 paypal for 22 referrals. I need 3 more. refstop is a good site to trade referrals with people.

Sorry, but i just have no clue what a referral is. Does someone have to refer you to the site????????????
godam64
just your own thought.
- why are they giving free stuff?
- how they get money to give a lot of giveaway?
- your information + referrals = ipod (it's insane and impossible)!
- scam and pishing is a normal things these days!
- try at your own risk!
- only bill gates can do that kind of stuff Laughing
hrdfarkr
godam64 wrote:
just your own thought.
- why are they giving free stuff?

Part of the agreement is that you sign up for one of several trial products or services they offer. An example of the services would be netflix or AOL. Products would be weight loss medications, skin creams, coffee, wine...all of them are trials. The company offering the trial is paying them to bring them customers.

godam64 wrote:
- how they get money to give a lot of giveaway?

To get the money from the companies who are paying to customers to sign up for trials.

godam64 wrote:
- your information + referrals = ipod (it's insane and impossible)!

I have a 20g iPod, a 30g video iPod, a 60g video iPod, 2 iPod nanos (one black one white), 2 iPod shuffles, a Tivo, a free computer on its way, a 27" sony WEGA TV, two Sony PSPs, and two XBOX360s (took cash for both since they couldn't get stock). So I guess its not impossible.

godam64 wrote:
- scam and pishing is a normal things these days!

Yes, how does this apply here...they dont ask for access to any of your personal passwords.

godam64 wrote:
- try at your own risk!

This applies to all of life, leave your home at your own risk, step off the curb at your own risk.

godam64 wrote:
- only bill gates can do that kind of stuff Laughing

Bill has too much M$ money to slow down long enough to try and get a free item, he would just buy the company that makes the item so he could have them all.

jongoldsz wrote:

Well, I don't really know about that, because the only way you can get the Macbook Pro is if they also complete all of the things you did. Like refer 20 people and complete offers.

Juparis wrote:

Ah, so that's the catch then.. You get 20 people, but they have to get 20 people as well...
It's hard enough to try and tell anyone that it's not spam, but to get them to do the same?

Nope, you need to sign up, complete an offer and get an amount of people to do the same thing...for example...the macbook pro requires 24 referrals, a referral is simply one person signing up using your referral link, and completes an offer. If the people who sign up under you never get their twenty referrals...that has nothing to do with you as long as they used your link, signed up and completed an offer.
whplace
Thats so cool!

Can someone explain how to get these stuff ? How to enroll at these referrals ?

How does the whole process go. ....................... ?? Any links? suggestions ????

Thank you,

whplace
Scorpio
Umm.. hrdfarkr, Is there any of these schemes available for international users, like me.,

I am not in the US or UK.

Any suggestions please?
n0obie4life
Yes, most of these schemes require you to be in the U.S. Sad, none for me either..
captain
i thought all the sites for free stuff were just a scam hmm maybe al have to give em a go could someone pm me some links to these sites where ya have defo got some free stuff
speedlikecy
wow....
can get many ipod..... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Providence
Lmao, sorry man.

But you got 0wned.

All that nonsense about free Ipods and all the rest of it. What a load of monkey crap.

Get real, get a life n00b.
hrdfarkr
I love the noob comment from someone who joined yesterday....geez people...if you aren't interested, go someplace else.

I messaged the two people who asked for links and more information a link to a forum where they can sign up and ask questions...the management here has asked that referral links not be posted in the forums and I agree completely. If one of the mods says its ok i'm more then happy to post the link to a forum where you can join conga lines, find trades or just ask questions.

For the folks not in the US, it depends on your country of origin. Please PM me for me info.
smokey4life
Well i finally found one that seemed fairly simple so i figured i would give it a go, not to mention that it already had an offer for me to sign up for that i was interested in anyways so i tried it out. Well what do you know i got an x-box for a mere $25!!!! How the hell they make their money is beyond me but to tell you the truth i would have never thought that they really worked until i tried it myself. I was always the type to think INSTANT SCAM!! But no seriously i got an x-box for only $25. Granted, yeah its not free like they advertise but either way you cut it i basically stole the thing. And like i said i had nothing to loose since i was interested in the offer they were trying to get me to sign up for. Just beware on what your signing up for and whatnot cause there are a lot of scams out there still.
Sukozu
Who would need that many iipods and for what purpose :b
Scorpio
Well, you could resell it on ebay and make more money or just flaunt one iPod a day.

Like the old saying goes, One iPod a day keeps you away from anything you want.

.....Wasn't that an apple>Apple - - Ipod -- all the same Laughing
hrdfarkr
I sold many of the extra iPods, I gave some as gifts at Christmas, and I kept two, one for my wife one for myself.
pixel13
oki
hrdfarkr
For those of you who sent specific questions in private messages, I haven't responded because I have not found answers for your questions. I will continue looking until I do.