FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Movies - movie making sim

amusic
Description :
Run your own Hollywood movie studio from the silent days of the 1920s, through the advent of new technologies into the present and beyond. As the head of a Hollywood dream factory, players decide which movies to make and the stars to make them. Select the scripts, directors, sets and movie stars before shooting the action and watching their finished movie on opening night. Players can manage the money, egos, tears and tantrums on their way to living the Hollywood dream.

Players can even make their own movies. There are many scenes to choose from. All scenes are combined together to make a movie. I think this feature will attract a lot of people to play this game. Very Happy The movie that you have created can be converted to wmv files and share with other people on the net.

Cool, huh?
m_furquan36
is this game out yet? What are the system requirements?
amusic
It's been released.

System Requirements

Microsoft Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP
800MHz processor or higher
256MB RAM
8x Speed CD-ROM drive
2.4 GB free hard disk space
DirectX 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card
Mouse
Keyboard
DirectX® 9.0c (included)
Updated Windows Media® Player 9 Codecs (included)
800 x 600 Monitor Resolution
3D Hardware Accelerator Card required
Updated drivers for all hardware

Supported Graphic Card

ATI Radeon® series (7000 or better): 7000, 7200, 7500, 8500 9000, 9200, 9250, 9550, 9600, 9700, 9800 x300, x600, x700, x800, x850

NVIDIA GeForce® series (GeForce 3 or better). GeForce 3, 3 Ti GeForce 4, MX, Ti GeForce FX 5200, 5600, 5700, 5800, 5900, PCX 5300, 5750, 5950 GeForce 6200, 6600, 6800
rip8fan1
Just bought this game!

Won't run on my machine at the moment Sad

I'll try to finagle the machine a bit, but after a couple hours of doing so, I will quit (if I don't get it to run), and mark down the company as one not to buy anything else from!!
Hobbad
It's an ok game, you are kinda restricted in making scripts, you have to choose from a library of premade scenes, they are editable but only to a certain degree, as of now there are no sword fighting of any kind and no dinosaur costumes, probably coming in a patch or expansion pack.

I was really look forward to this game and it was kind of a let down, I would say save your money and wait to see if the expansion packs are any good.
jarcelao
I still haven't played this game but I am not impressed with the reviews and comment of this game.

Definitely a game not on the top of my list. Shocked
Scaramanga
rip8fan1 wrote:
Just bought this game!

I'll try to finagle the machine a bit, but after a couple hours of doing so, I will quit (if I don't get it to run), and mark down the company as one not to buy anything else from!!

Hmmm, that's pretty odd, considering I have a fairly low end system(AMD 1700+ and and old 64mb GeForce MX440) and it plays fine on mine. Have you tried updating your video drivers? Because I've heard that is a common issue, especially with ATI cards.

Hobbad wrote:
It's an ok game, you are kinda restricted in making scripts, you have to choose from a library of premade scenes, they are editable but only to a certain degree, as of now there are no sword fighting of any kind and no dinosaur costumes, probably coming in a patch or expansion pack.

I was really look forward to this game and it was kind of a let down, I would say save your money and wait to see if the expansion packs are any good.

Peter Molyneaux(sp?) has stated in several interviews that not only are they planning expansion packs, they are considering releasing the scene creation tools they used to make the scenes, which sounds like the best thing of all. Of course if they do that, it might mean limited sales on any future expansions. Also, something I'd LOVE to see is animatronics and miniature sets (so you could film giant monsters/city scapes.)
Josso
A really non-original idea. Big respect for that factor at least - sounds like movie editing but less stressful! Might get a demo or something once i've played out my xmas presents Laughing.
lockwolf
Yeah, still havent gotten that game. Damn Torrents
Hobbad
Good news on the movies, they've finally got the first patch out so that means the propshop is open, which gives you a reason for submitting your movies online, there are already two new sets and new props along with costumes, I've recently bought the santa costume and christmas tree prop.

*you buy with Virtual Credits, which you earn for submitting movies*
rip8fan1
Scaramanga wrote:
rip8fan1 wrote:
Just bought this game!

Hmmm, that's pretty odd, considering I have a fairly low end system(AMD 1700+ and and old 64mb GeForce MX440) and it plays fine on mine. Have you tried updating your video drivers? Because I've heard that is a common issue, especially with ATI cards.

Thanks, I apparently missed a video driver update. Downloaded it, and it runs fine.

So far the game hasn't impressed me, but I'm still learning!! The tutorial part seems to be very extensive.
windval
i want to play this game

but i think it is too expensive~~

Crying or Very sad