FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Deleting files?

WinterMoon
I'm having an issue deleting some files out of my account. I've been testing different free cms' but now it's not letting me delete some of the "miscellaneous" (ie - templates, varaibles, etc) out of my public_html folder. I keep getting the error "Permission denied" and when I try to change permissions on the file I get "Operation not permitted"

I also get similar errors when I try to delete them via file-manager rather than ftp. Is there any other way I could get to them and delete them out of my folder? I've finally broken down and wish to install php-nuke (tried xara, joomba (sp?) and mambo), but I don't know what's up with these random files not being deleted. Help?

WinterMoon
n0obie4life
My guess would be .htaccess files.

I always have a problem with them, configure your FTP program to show .htaccess files, then after that, go into the folder, delete the .htaccess file first then delete the folder.
WinterMoon
I deleted the .htaccess file in my public_html folder and it still gives me permission denied.

WinterMoon
n0obie4life
No I meant something like (taking a phpBB example)

In /cache/, there would be a .htaccess file. With that .htaccess file in /cache/, use your FTP client to delete that then try deleting the folder.
n0xvb
Hey Winter, are the files owned by apache? If so check out the stickies, I found a way to delete them...
mOrpheuS
Have you tried following the advice here ?

It could be relevant. Wink

edit - a minute too late again. Sad

edit (n0obie4life) - fixed the link. mOrpheuS actually link it back to this topic.
WinterMoon
Aaah yes, much thanks for pointing me to the right article. Smile It worked, thankfully.

Thank you very much! hehe

WinterMoon
mOrpheuS
n0obie4life wrote:
fixed the link. mOrpheuS actually link it back to this topic.

Embarassed

and you know what's wrong with me ?
work. Laughing

anyhow, resolved and -locked-