FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Eagle
This is one of the best series I have ever seen.
teezme2plz
MY SON WATCHES IT ALL THE TIME AND HAS LAST SEASON ON DVD. IT IS A VERY GOOD SERIES.
hodgenpodg
Anyone here a 24 fan on fox?

Well if you are (you probably already know this bu just incase u dont) theres a new season starting in january. All I can say is that I'm excited how about you?
osiashion
Yes!!!.... for me the best serie ever made. I'm not exagerating.

I used to watch Lost before and I was completely adicted to it. One day, a friend recommend me 24 and I decided to watch the first season.... INCREDIBLE!!!... it's even more adictive than Lost. Of course, I've already watched every season and I'm waiting for the 5th to be broadcasted.

What I really like of 24 is that EVERYTHING CAN HAPPEN. Is not like in other series where you know that, somehow, the main character will get through the problem he or she is dealing with. I've seen many things in 24 that I had neved imagined they could happen.

Highly recommendable for everyone, believe me, you won't regret if you watch it. Smile
SunburnedCactus
I was a fan until they stopped showing it on the BBC (lousy Sky...) after season 2. But apparently the storylines have been getting weaker and weaker, so I don't suppose I'm missing too much. Got House to watch instead!
althalus
I liked the show up until about when the girl, what'shernameagainnotthatIreallycare, started running about in the woods... Every frickin scene with here were just running.. Hiding... More running.. Hiding.... Every week we sat and hoped that she would trip on the root of a tree and die.. Rolling Eyes

I believe that'd be from the second season.
Sunny
I'm merging this thread with already existing one.
osiashion
SunburnedCactus wrote:
I was a fan until they stopped showing it on the BBC (lousy Sky...) after season 2. But apparently the storylines have been getting weaker and weaker, so I don't suppose I'm missing too much. Got House to watch instead!

Actually season 2 I think is worse , well, let's say less good Smile than the fist one. But I liked a lot season 3 and 4 so I don't agree at all with you.

By the way.... WTF is this serie called "House"? Smile is it good?.... maybe it's better to ask it in any other post...
SunburnedCactus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_M.D.

That is house!
darklighter
since i have seen the prequel to season 5, i can't wait to see the next season. it made me that curious. It is just a shame that i will only be on Belgium TV next year in september. i'll have to figur out a way to see it earlear because i really can't wait.
Tvis
I expect the series will start earlier in the US, after they start it usually doesnt take a long time until you can download it from the internet Wink

So check the website of the company that broadcasts the series in the US to see when it is available
ainieas
My love for 24, aside from the great storyline and the gripping way it is told, in two words - Elisha Cuthbert!!! Twisted Evil
osiashion
I'm looking forward to watching the 5th season, but I'm afraid it will be completely broadcasted by summer 2006, so I still have to wait like 6 months :S
mrhansol
The first 24 was great

But the last on is to much the same.

is more like an copycat from the first

i love lost, and waiting for the next one to come Razz
Mushmush
I bought the s1 dvd today. Seen it before but ya know when a show is good you gotta see it again.
When is the new season airing?
scratcher
I really enjoyed 4th season.
Nutorious
its too repetative for me
picsite
I love it....can't wait for season 5 starting VERY soon...
Da Rossa
Men/Women! This is the BEST SERIES ever. No one can even approach it. It is modern, the format is amazing, the episodes are impreviewable, the roll is creative. Also, Keifer Sutherland is the best actor, in my opinion.
24 Is the best, no further comments. The ones who haven't watched it yet, do not read about it (be careful with the spoilers) and WATCH FROM THE FIRST EPISODE OF THE FIRST SEASON.
You won't regret it.

p.s. Season 2 is the best, man! I mean, every season is perfect.
tim_s
Does anyone know when the next (5th, I think?) series is going to be shown? Have they even filmed it yet?
lisa33144
I actually had never heard of it until about three hours ago. I just saw my first episode. I was a little confused at first but I was completely hooked! It's definately a quality show and I want to keep watching so I can see what happens!
Jeff_vella_leone
Da Rossa wrote:
Men/Women! This is the BEST SERIES ever. No one can even approach it. It is modern, the format is amazing, the episodes are impreviewable, the roll is creative. Also, Keifer Sutherland is the best actor, in my opinion.
24 Is the best, no further comments. The ones who haven't watched it yet, do not read about it (be careful with the spoilers) and WATCH FROM THE FIRST EPISODE OF THE FIRST SEASON.
You won't regret it.

p.s. Season 2 is the best, man! I mean, every season is perfect.

well i can say im a fan of 24 series, i really liked it from the first time i saw it.
On the other hand i think its an ammasing series but not the best in my openion, Smallville is way too better, i even stay home not going to work to watch it lol (when i can't record it)
stormybaka
I thought it was hyped and a tad overrated. But my style is more comical and funny. Something like everyone hates chris. Or the tech thinker shows like brainiac or backburner! So I'm biased...
phathugo2467
24 is definatley one of the better shows on television. How can you not love the action packed "non stop season." It's great!
j0zman
Big time fan here. I just love 24 Very Happy
Da Rossa
Are you watching this brand new fifth season? It has had one of the best season premieres ever. Tension is extreme!
sleepyrascal
tim_s wrote:
Does anyone know when the next (5th, I think?) series is going to be shown? Have they even filmed it yet?

Does anyone know when the 5th season is out on DVD in the UK?

I have bought every season box set so far and cant wait for seaon5. A friend has downloaded it but I want to see it in clean crisp DVD format.

I heard it is due for a MAY2006 release in the uk buti'm not sure. Its difficult to get any decent info on the web!
Da Rossa
Normally by August or September.
nOScott
24 is the best show i think on tv ever. It is not overrun wiht commercials and something is always happening. Its hard to find a good show these days, but this is one i can't wait to watch every monday. It does not matter what im doing i will just stop and go watch it right at 9:00
cnssc
Woot, so another season of 24 begins in January. FOX is trying to hook us with explosive "previews" or teasers during commercials.

Anyone speculate it to be any better than before?
Da Rossa
This Fifth Season is being the best season beginning ever. Action all the time. Good roll, good script, the best actors.
XxGunner
I think i've watched it one time and it was very informative and interesting....
Frag
Even though Im in England Im lucky enough to have so far seen the firs 4 episodes of the season, its absolutley brill, i wont give anything away to anyone who has not seen it yet, but you will love it. The Cast is superb even better than years b4. Sean Astin plays a credible role so far coming in and taking control of CTU, with Kiefer Sutherland playing his usual great performance in the lead role. Thank god there are some seasons left as this genre is still superb especially in the times that we live in.

Great program
Da Rossa
Frag wrote:
Even though Im in England Im lucky enough to have so far seen the firs 4 episodes of the season, its absolutley brill, i wont give anything away to anyone who has not seen it yet, but you will love it. The Cast is superb even better than years b4. Sean Astin plays a credible role so far coming in and taking control of CTU, with Kiefer Sutherland playing his usual great performance in the lead role. Thank god there are some seasons left as this genre is still superb especially in the times that we live in.

Great program

Listen to him!!
user1024
On a scale form 1 to 10, I would give following marks:

Season one: 8
Season two: 10
Season three: 6
Season 4: 7
Season 5: ?

Does anyone disagree with me??
cueno
I havent acutally seen any of the other seasons, but I absolutly love the show scince it started this year. It's full of action, drama, suspense and everything eles a killer tv show needs. As soon as this season finishes I'll be looking for some sales on the other seasons. IM HOOKED
Da Rossa
user1024 wrote:
On a scale form 1 to 10, I would give following marks:

Season one: 8
Season two: 10
Season three: 6
Season 4: 7
Season 5: ?

Does anyone disagree with me??

Actually I would give, respectively:
9, 10, 8, 9, 9 (so far).
Very Happy Very Happy
syedraino
season 2 was the best, this season started slow but is picking up momentum
Da Rossa
You all MUST WATCH this fifth season. This is... (what is the adjective that means "you can stop for a breath"?).... There were ten episodes so far, one better than other.
Octaeder
Just seen the 12th episode (downloading them from the UK). God that was great, I can't wait to see where they go from here.

The series has been overall very strong, although has sometimes had some pacing problems. For a start, after the stunning opener, it took a while for the pace to pick up again, just because of the shock of what you had seen. Also there was a point where there wasn't a specific threat on the US (as the terrorists were preparing to attack Russia) at which point while you knew eventually there would be a threat there was just no time frame to put the action to.

Still has been generally very good and can only get better now.
carl005
I'm in love with 24. I thought it was the stupidest premis for a show ever until I started watching it last season. Didn't see all of last season, but I have seen all of this one so far and sat for 2 straight hours on Monday without getting up once. I'm pumped for the Prison Break premir. ALL NEW EPISODES UNTIL MAY!!!
Frag
I felt season 1 took its time to get started but thats to explain the Chars etc, 2 was very good, very gripping, I felt 3 was underated but still was really good as it was not just a usual terrorist threat at first it was supposed to be a sting operation. Season 4 was brilliant, it just kept going, an was a brilliant end, an really you had to feel that was it with Jack walking into the sunrise, maybe when they finally end it he will walk into the sunset Very Happy

Great season so far its brilliant, lots of action its superb.
Thug
Da Rossa wrote:
This Fifth Season is being the best season beginning ever. Action all the time. Good roll, good script, the best actors.

I have to agree, the first episode is packed with action Very Happy When i saw it i was like OMG its ****** dope. Ive been watching Season 5 now and im currently at episode 7 or 8 if im correct. I realy like the 5th season so far. Season 4 was also realy dope!

Easely 1 of my favourite tv shows
XeRo
I think is kind of weird in season 5 that president Palmer got killed in the beginning with Michelle and tony almost dead too, i was almost kind of accustomed with their presence in the series...
Frag
XeRo wrote:
I think is kind of weird in season 5 that president Palmer got killed in the beginning with Michelle and tony almost dead too, i was almost kind of accustomed with their presence in the series...

Bet your gonna love what happens in episode 12 and 13 then lol

The last 2 episodes have been some of the best in 24 ever, I dont want to spoil it for the Uk crowd who have to wait, though I just download them. These episodes are without a doubt awesome, lots of action, its the first time in a while where you see the story line really only focus on one thing, rather than going off on 4 at the same time.
ApplePie
It isn't yet on Belgian television but thank god there is internet where I can download it! Smile
The season is almost finished. Still 4 episodes to go and I'm very curious about the ending. Anybody else whose closely following the show right now?
XeRo
Then I have to start downloading hehehehe, cuz I don't wanna wait till Fox show me all that action after weeks and being bore of waiting.
thelfc
This has to be one of the best series on TV. I am currently downloading season 5 (Go BT!!) and am up to the episodes aired in the US. Every Monday night is 24 download night.. What can I say?? Gotta get my weekly fix.. Razz
Octaeder
Despite still being angry over some of the deaths, I'm still loving this season, the twists and turns have been brilliant...

I want to know what's happened to Agent Pierce though, if he turns out to be dead i'll go spare.

Still definately some of the best action and plot seen in 24 so far.
XeRo
I wanna wait till the ending of the season then I can see it all in the 24 marathon on fox.
kaitchu
Great tv show. I have saw almos all seasons (but not 5th season).
DeFwh
thank god its over , i thought that 24 was a little bit boring
XeRo
Naa, i think it's kind of exciting, not boring, I really like 24, and I'm waiting to see the entire 5th season.
simp
It ain't no "Hill Street Blues", which imho, is the best show ever by far.

That being said, this is the best year so far for "24". Can't wait for next week when President Logan gets his. Gregory Itkzen, the actor who played him, played him very well. Guy should be nominated for an Emmy. Kim Raver is going to be starring in a new show on ABC next season called "Nine". I wonder if her character, Audrey, is going to be killed off? I have always thought that Jack and Chloe should get together.

Just my three cents worth.
Mr. McCoy
I really enjoy watching the 24, Kiefer Sutherland is doing an exellent job as Jack bauer.. Its really thrilling an over all the best of them all!
Nigeria
I love 24 I cant wait until the season finale next week. and for the new season in january.
XeRo
I Hope nobody important dies in the next season, that can be such a lame... Razz
Octaeder
Of course someone important will die in the next series, sure they may not kill off as many important people, but it wouldn't be 24 otherwise.

We'll probably see either Kim or Audrey dying as well as maybe Bill or Chloe.

To be honest i just hope they don't kill off Agent Pierce. I like the idea that there's now been only one character, other than jack, that has both starred in and survived every series and that the character is relatively minor, just supporting the presidential appearances.

If Aaron dies then I will be majorly pissed off.
alkady
Wow, The 24 Board doesnt seem to be active lately, So I try and start a discussion.

Now that Jack is onboard of ship, What do you think is going to happen next? What are your views on the last 11 minutes of Episode 24 Season 5?
kazza
SPOILER

The ending really shocked me even though I knew the Chinese will be involved in this series (given what happend last series). It's a good thing they left it to last because I was anticipating the Chinese revenge throughout the series, but once I got caught in the action, I totally forgot about it. I should give them credit for waiting until Jack saved the day before kidnapping him - I guess like him, they arent too fond of President Logan. It's a good thing they left the Chinese until the last, otherwise the plot will be too complicated, and it is already complicated anyway.

I've noticed that the recent newer 24 series are starting to have an ending which actually leads onto the next series, leaving the viewers in suspense. I think this is a good way to end.

When Jack told the chinese to kill him - I literally thought that it was the end of him and the series. But I was wrong. I can never imagine a new 24 series without David Palmer he's such a big character to miss.

I question the integrity of the agent who told Jack that Kim was on the phone. Does anyone feel the same way?
alkady
^^^^ Perhaps the agent that told Jack, Kim was on the phone a misleading character. Perhaps they purposely put an asian agent to make you think he is a double agent. On the other hand, It was actually quite fast that Jack was brought from an military airbase to a ship on its way to some labor camp in China. I'm wondering if the camp isnt going to be the same one that Howard Bern was supposed to go to if he didnt spill the beans?
Octaeder
alkady wrote:
It was actually quite fast that Jack was brought from an military airbase to a ship on its way to some labor camp in China.

I wondered that. Not only how did the Chinese get on and off the airbase without anyone noticing and how did they get onto the ship before Audrey even noticed that Jack was missing...

24 seems to be cutting down on its realism these days...
poromenos
i think the 5 season was the worst season of 24 so far Sad no realism,no real adventure.....
jmudreamscape
I don't agree...I absolutely loved the fifth season. They did rely too much on shock in killing off so many of the main characters, but I enjoyed it. But then, I'm one of the few 24 fans who doesn't mind Elisha Cuthbert. At the very least, the moment of the season...Bob and Martha with a smirk on their face as the President was taken away.
alkady
Octaeder wrote:
alkady wrote:
It was actually quite fast that Jack was brought from an military airbase to a ship on its way to some labor camp in China.

I wondered that. Not only how did the Chinese get on and off the airbase without anyone noticing and how did they get onto the ship before Audrey even noticed that Jack was missing...

24 seems to be cutting down on its realism these days...

My theory is that they flew him on by helicopter, Because I know for a fact he was already on the Ship when he meet the Chief of Security or Consul.
dickyzin
When will Season 6 be aired? I can't wait to see it. It's the best tv series ever, followed by Prinson Break.
JamieT
So who's into 24? I've been watching it since the first series... it's so awesome. They just released the trailer for the next series, in it Jack Bauer aprarently dies, but I know that he recently singed with Fox for at least another 2 seasons....

I'm not sure but don't you think they're dragging it on a bit? Just let him die!!
badai
that trailer is for which season? 6th?
KoiboySG1
I have in my collection season 1-3. Im now watching season 2.
a verry good tv show.
mrblah
JamieT wrote:
So who's into 24? I've been watching it since the first series... it's so awesome. They just released the trailer for the next series, in it Jack Bauer aprarently dies, but I know that he recently singed with Fox for at least another 2 seasons....

I'm not sure but don't you think they're dragging it on a bit? Just let him die!!

By trailer do you mean the prequel concept that they did last year for the DVD release or just the regular trailers?
chrismen
I saw all of season 1 and 2 and am rewatching 1 again. Love the show. Hope to see all of the other seasons before it comes on tv in January.
lastelement0
24 is an amazing show. my girlfriend is the one that got me extremely hooked on it. i had watched season 5 when it was on tv. and just recently i bought seasons 3 and 4, cuz it was on sale. i watched season 3 in like 3 days cuz it was that good. right now im watching season 4 and its nowhere near as good. the side story with driscoll is pointless in my opinion.

i can't wait for next week when the new season starts. its going to be flippin sweet
Blu_Spykz
http://www.24trailer.com

Sky one have a 10 minute prequel, and a 2 minute Santa-Farce advert too.
dickyzin
Season 6 starts on 14th January!! Can't wait to see it.
Blu_Spykz
I think Day 6 is going to be the slowest series in terms of action.

But 24 is 24 for a reason, so it'll still be AOK.

Jack Bauer went to the Virgin Islands recently. They are now called "The Islands"
hunterm
I loved the early shows. But can't get into it anymore. I hate the idea of having to commit to a TV programme for 6 months of my life!
Wolverine100
i cant wait too see tonight 24 2 hours
Thug
Season 6 is the BOMB!!! Woooooo its realy friggin awsome, seen the first 4 episodes and they packed with action so get ready!!! Very Happy
dickyzin
I've seen the first 2 episodes of 24. It's awsome but I have to admit that the start of Season 5 was much better.
orno
merged with the other 24 thread

please use the existing threads if they are on the same subject rather than starting your own
welshsteve
Only seen the fourth season but it's an awesome show
varon
OMG i totally LOVE this show. my parents bought the first two seasons on DVD and we were HOOKED. (actually i didn't get hooked at first, but they were on it like two to three hours every night and so I decided to see what the hype was all about and i wasn't disappointed!) now i've seen all five seasons, and waiting for the sixth.

it's best to watch it on dvd because of no interruptions. i mean how can you stand to watch it on a weekly basis? Confused

i love the treatment of illusion of real time and how they play with it. although lately i feel that they're running out of plot ideas (heheh -- the terorrist plots are all repetitive, somehow, and like they have to hype the drama up a bit to keep it interesting, but as a consequence, it can get to a point where you're overwhlemed emotionally), but it's still fairly interesting. Smile and i love the action, the effects, and the characters -- who wouldn't love Jack Bauer? Smile I have new respect for Kiefer Sutherland after just the first season. Smile
varon
There's a 24 fanlisting BTW -- it's not by me, but you may want to join Smile

http://www.power-of-three.org/fan/24/

Very Happy
Vabiant
Omg I love 24, it has taken over my life. I watched season one slowly, finally finished it, then had a 24hour 24 season 2 party... with myself Crying or Very sad But i still enjoyed it, needless to say I was very tired the next day.

-Vab
Octaeder
Thug wrote:
Season 6 is the BOMB!!! Woooooo its realy friggin awsome, seen the first 4 episodes and they packed with action so get ready!!! Very Happy

Has anyone seen episode 5 yet.

Stupidest. Plottwist. Ever.

This time they just jumped so far out of the realm of believability that it's a joke. I love 24, don't get me wrong. But they're going to need to make this one hell of a season to make up for such a stupid idea.
bongoman
Jack Bauer !!! I too was not an original follower of the show, but one day when I was in the dorms in college, it happened to be on tv, and I immediately got into the show since, its interesting this season that they keep hinting Jack Bauer will die or something, do you think they will try to kill him off?
divinitywolf
24 is one of the best t.v programs i've ever seen. I have currently watched seasons 1 and 2 and i'm getting season 3 soon. Its amazing and has such unexpected plot twists. My friends say season 3 is their favourite season so i can hardly wait to watch it and enjoy it. Its best watching alone in a dark room because it makes the atmosphere amazing and intensifies the plot and increases the exitement. Eventually i'll have reached SEASON 6!
dickyzin
bongoman wrote:
Jack Bauer !!! I too was not an original follower of the show, but one day when I was in the dorms in college, it happened to be on tv, and I immediately got into the show since, its interesting this season that they keep hinting Jack Bauer will die or something, do you think they will try to kill him off?

I don't think they will try to kill him off yet. Not this season at least. There are rumours that there will be more 1 or 2 more seasons to go. 24 will die when Jack Bauer does.
soldeinvierno
dickyzin wrote:
bongoman wrote:

I don't think they will try to kill him off yet. Not this season at least. There are rumours that there will be more 1 or 2 more seasons to go. 24 will die when Jack Bauer does.

according to the internet movie database ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0813980/ ) a movie based on the tv shows is forecasted for 2008. In my opinion, that should be the end of the show.
rfarrand
24 is truly one of the best shows in the history of television. This show has it all – great writing, acting, directing, etc. The choice to make each season 24 hours in the life of the coolest man a live (Jack Bauer) was bold and brilliant. Emmy-winner Kiefer Sutherland portrays Jack with complete confidence and is entirely believable in what could be a one-dimensional role. The supporting cast always adds believability to the plot and each act break tops the one before it, leaving the viewer gasping for air and glued to the TV. With each season, this show gets better and better. Do yourself a favor, catch 24 today!
Tokci
great show....completely addictive.

saw the fisrt and second season few days back...great storyline.
but I found his daughters plot in in the 2nd season kinda boring...always running and doing stupid stuff....seemed it was forced in the storyline.

but other than that...great show...AND good acting.
can't wait to start with the rest of the seasons.
bhzh
24 is my favorite TV show ever. It has the best acting and the best plot that I have ever seen in a TV show.
Insanity
Soo intense... all that action packed into one gruesome hour. I would hate to be Jack Bauer during that day...
bhzh
Yeah same here. Jack Bauer would be one angry guy. Confused
But hey, if you are Jack Bauer for one "day", then at least you won't die when the terrorist attacks come! Very Happy