FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

free things -.-

Jonkeydonkey
You know all those free things that you can get? Like free laptop, free ipod, free anything. Well do they actually work?? I mean is it easier to just buy it from the store or what? Well the free things must cost less but they require to put your credit card in... HMM I also hate that you have to wait for the site you did the offer with to contact the free site. So what is easier?????
seanooi
Well, in this world, as we all know, nothing is free. So I've never trusted those sites cause I think they might be just scamming. Confused
n0obie4life
seanooi wrote:
Well, in this world, as we all know, nothing is free. So I've never trusted those sites cause I think they might be just scamming. Confused

Okay. Go away. Frihost is scamming you.
soulman
n0obie4life wrote:

what a interesting Frihost member....
ajoaktree
Free web hosting has been around for YEARS...

But I don't trust places that give away "free" computers and such, especially if they want a credit card number. As the saying goes; If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
psycosquirrel
Most sites require you to sign up for offers that cost you money, or are just flat-out scams. I have heard of 1 or 2 working, but the amount of work required to do it will basically take you a few days... And usually you won't get it because you "don't meet the conditions for application"
Davidgr1200
I agree with ajoaktree. I will not give my credit card number (or my bank account number) to a site which I do not trust. If I am doubtful I will use a site which takes paypal, even if it is slightly more expensive.
budazz
well ther is a free ...

frihost mybe
bao
I like free thing.such as:free hosting,foxbrower,linux,etc Laughing
gonzo
Jonkeydonkey wrote:
Well do they actually work?

yes... if you're the one pushing the concept on dimwits willing to spam for you

If you're at the bottom of the ponzi scheme... well.... that's another story
NuniPio
n0obie4life wrote:
seanooi wrote:

LOL thats funny ahahhahaha
cnnet
I don't believe there's free thing in the word
gonzo
cnnet wrote:

was the L too costly?
NuniPio
gonzo wrote:
cnnet wrote:

was the L too costly?

hahah dude ur replies are a crackup, im gonna do that from now on, pick on ppl who write stupid things (dont pick on me)
mathiaus
Always read the small print. I live in the UK so i cant apply for them anyway but they'll still take my details regardless. They usually sell your details off to other companies but with your consent (through the small print) and are generally untrustworthy.

Nobody gives free things away at all. An ipod costs money so they have get that money from somewhere.

(With Frihost money comes from the ads on these forums Wink )
SunburnedCactus
Companies can make a lot of money from an e-mail address, and it's dead easy to get someone to type it in somewhere than to get their credit card details.

KIDS: DON'T GIVE OUT DETAILS ON-LINE! OR ELSE!

Cool Cool
Mark999111
nope, there all scams

tho there is another thread about from some genius who claims to have recieved a load of crap. Laughing
mrmaxt
many emails you recieve that promise something for free need something in return.
Many ask for some sort of answer to a census, poll or some form of questionaire.
By my understanding of the laws, if you insert your credit card details, and unless you tick a box or type your name where a certificate is located, the site may not take any money from your account or credit your card.
If you do however tick the box where a certificate is located agreeing to terms and agreements (most people do not read these anyway and see them as a hassle) and somewhere in this document it states your card may be debited, you are entitled to pay this fee.
silvermesh
ajoaktree wrote:
Free web hosting has been around for YEARS....

maybe, but hosting of the quality you get here would cost me more in a year than it cost me to buy my laptop.

it's marketing. it has nothing to do with "pyramid schemes" because nothing is being bought by the person attempting to get the free goods. a pyramid scheme runs on the principle that the people who you get to join pay your salary. which means in the long run the whole thing folds like a deck of cards. the "free iPod"(the primary thing you can get is iPods) thing isn't so much a scheme as a way to get people to willingly look at ads(which is the same "scheme" as the one that funds frihost).

iPods aren't that expensive(especially if you buy them in bulk). marketing info can be, and loyal customers are priceless. Think about it. for every person who you give an iPod, you get 10 or 20 people looking at your ads. if ONE person decides to purchase something in your ad, you've just made money.

of note: none of these giveaways ask for your credit card info. if you give that you are being scammed, and you are dumb enough to deserve it.
SNES350
budazz wrote:
well ther is a free ...

frihost mybe

Frihost isn't free, you have to "spend" time posting on the forums to "pay" for hosting. Also you see ads (and hopefully click them if Frihost gets a per-click revenue from them).
indrasakty
everybody loves free things
MistaKiula
If ppl say things are 'FREE' and it's actually is, the word FREE won't be as exciting Wink
justup2002
i never do that they always want you to sign up for for all these stupid offers that are supposally free but they want you to enter a credit card number which is kinda stupid
KHO
read the EULA or whatever those free givaways have (even fine print on the pop-up sometimes). They always(at least every one I've seen) make you sign up for something rediculous like 3 platinum packages, 2 gold, and a bronze, then wait half a year to get your iPod. An then the packages are for random crap that you don't want, and it ends up costing you more than it would in the first place! So, go to the store, try one of these and you can only get screwed (pardon the language).