FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Still Using Internet Explorer?? Why? It's just... stupid

S3nd K3ys
http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1891749,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03119TX1K0000594

Quote:
The zero-day exploit, posted by a U.K.-based group called "Computer Terrorism," could allow a remote hacker to take complete control of a Windows system if the victim simply browses to a malicious Web site.

Ziff Davis Internet News have verified that the exploit works on fully patched Windows XP systems with default IE installations.

Oh my... If you're STILL using IE, you really should stop. Wink
n0obie4life
No.

I.E. is my friend. Go awway you meanie, stop bullying IE. It's just another Web Broswer which is made by Microsoft.

Tabbed Brosing sucks, opening new windows rock.

Go IE!!! Let's all continue using MSIE!!
S3nd K3ys
n0obie4life wrote:
No.

I.E. is my friend. Go awway you meanie, stop bullying IE. It's just another Web Broswer which is made by Microsoft.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

"Yer killin me, whitie!"

Very Happy
babumuchhala
n0obie4life wrote:
No.

Stop Kidding man

I know u use tabbed browsing.

And if this article dosent get to to move away from IE then u SUCK man bigtime.

Maybe if u like to formatt ur PC quite often, the IEs for u Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Sunny
Every browser has holes. As long as Microsoft is making patches for it I don't see a problem in using Internet Explorer. Even browsers like firefox have big holes.I found this while searching on net.
Quote:
A vulnerability has been reported in Firefox which could allow malicious sites to compromise computers running the browser. The security hole, which is rated highly critical by Secunia, affects all versions, including Firefox 1.0.6 and earlier and the just-released beta version of Firefox 1.5. An attack can be created using a specially-crafted URL, which will cause a buffer overflow in Firefox that results in a denial of service and, in some cases, remote code execution.
babumuchhala
Sunny wrote:
Every browser has holes. As long as Microsoft is making patches for it I don't see a problem in using Internet Explorer. Even browsers like firefox have big holes.I found this while searching on net.
Quote:
A vulnerability has been reported in Firefox which could allow malicious sites to compromise computers running the browser. The security hole, which is rated highly critical by Secunia, affects all versions, including Firefox 1.0.6 and earlier and the just-released beta version of Firefox 1.5. An attack can be created using a specially-crafted URL, which will cause a buffer overflow in Firefox that results in a denial of service and, in some cases, remote code execution.
Well the problem with Microsoft is that it takes them ages to come up with a patch. When u compare that to Firefox usually has its patch ready withing a few hours bcos its Open Source.

Plus MS must take que from Opera a proprietary browser but its patches are ready as soon as in FFs case.
S3nd K3ys
babumuchhala wrote:
Sunny wrote:
Quote:
Well the problem with Microsoft is that it takes them ages to come up with a patch. When u compare that to Firefox usually has its patch ready withing a few hours bcos its Open Source.

Plus MS must take que from Opera a proprietary browser but its patches are ready as soon as in FFs case.

Yup, old news. Except that the vulnerabilities in Firefox are the kind that crash the browser or look at your cache. The vulnerabilities in IE are the kind that, according the Windows Update, "allow an attacker to take control over your computer". I'd rather a crashed browser than a back orifice job any day Wink

Dare to compare security: IE vs Firefox (the "criticality" section is the IE-killer)

PS: Open-source appears to result in faster turn-around in bug fixes and security patches, at least in the browser world so far. The above JS flaw was fixed within a week of its discovery by developers around the world doing it for the desire to make a good browser and not to meet a quarterly profit goal for investors and shareholders.

Wink
atomictoyz
I use MSIE because if a hacker gets past my firewall that he has only a few second before the blue screen of death locks us both out. I reboot and the hacker is usually gone Smile

Peace,
Atomic
S3nd K3ys
atomictoyz wrote:
I use MSIE because if a hacker gets past my firewall that he has only a few second before the blue screen of death locks us both out. I reboot and the hacker is usually gone Smile

Peace,
Atomic

I don't have hackers trying to get to me. (Thanks FF) Worst they can do is crash the browser, but I've never been attacked so I'll stick with FF. Wink
n0obie4life
atomictoyz wrote:

Peace,
Atomic

See? Built in Firewall!

I bet Firefox doesn't have that!
babumuchhala
atomictoyz wrote:

Peace,
Atomic
My dear friend if a hacker got past ur firewall and ur system gave u the Blue Screen of death, means that the Hacker has already done his job and most prolly has left too. Infecting u with spywares and stuff.

@n0obie4life IE dosent have any kind of Firewalls, and for that matter no browser has an inbuilt firewall.
gonzo
s3nd k3ys, don't you know that IE is for liberalists? Firefox lied about somethingorother and IE didn't have the same security information. Firefox embraces the democratic way of america and that's bad for society. it steals jobs and is only used by wealthy amercans. it should be banned.
S3nd K3ys
gonzo wrote:
s3nd k3ys, don't you know that IE is for liberalists? Firefox lied about somethingorother and IE didn't have the same security information. Firefox embraces the democratic way of america and that's bad for society. it steals jobs and is only used by wealthy amercans. it should be banned.

ROTFLMAO!

Now THAT's funny shit! Don't matter who you are. Very Happy

Mind if I modify that and use it elsewhere? Wink
Arnie
OK. So you all think you're very elite because you use an alternative browser. Then you smash everyone who doesn't conform to your standards into the ground. They're unsafe idiots that deserve to get sarcasm unleashed on. How is that keeping people in their value? For example. You're totally bashing people that don't like tabbed browsing. So you are so good that you can decide for everyone they should like tabbed browsing instead of windowed browsing? If the masses fall for such pressure you can make nice artificial facts stating that "tabbed browsing is the only right way". Well, tabbed or windowed doesn't make any difference to me.

Also a lot of prejudices and so-called "science" is being used to promote Firefox, almost like it's a cult. You can't get hacked with Firefox? Lies. Assuming that Firefox is really as good as claimed, it will still only protect you from evil code on websites. There are a lot of different ways to get your system compromised.

So, Firefox is a better browser when talking about security. Firefox is open source, which is also being deified. I'm not against open source, I'm against the worshiping culture. It's like if you use those things and bash everyone that doesn't, you gain status for yourself. You're part of the elite club. While actually you're not so elite at all because it's simply a mass movement of people that "go with the flow". There are no disadvantages to Firefox? IE loads a lot faster on my computer. Oh, yes, I know. It's because IE is integrated into Windows. So what? Does that make any difference? It still loads faster. And yes, I've optimized everything, set the same starts pages... and so forth.

Now don't get me wrong here. I have nothing against Firefox, but there is a great lack of nuance. FF is good, IE is bad. And that's final. No way that anyone should use IE. Everyone with IE will get viruses, even if they're experienced users (ha, experienced people with IE!?) and never visit the dark side of the Internet. Even if they check hijackthis logs, rootkits, and running processes regularly. They'll still get hacked, infected - they'll burn in hell!! Nothing wrong with Firefox - but what I just described, that's wrong.

Now it's not me who's sticking my head into the ground here. I've thought well about all this and considered it over and over again. I've tried Firefox. I've tried Opera. I've tried even Mosaic. You are accusing the masses of being ostriches, and thus implying that you're not - you're the enlightened elite that has to save the Internet from evil IE! While in fact most FF fans are as much ostriches as the masses. Just walking after the common arguments, joining with the common IE-bash topics, agreeing and being agreed to. What large forums doesn't have an IE-bash topic? It's in fact a very biased culture. Usually those topics have 0% or at most 5% of people actually defending IE. The rest is either fervently attacking it or being dragged along by the radicals ("yes you guys are so right"). Now look at it honestly. Check out all the posts above me. It's simply intimidation. The room for open discussion was shut tightly the moment this topic was started. Usually such topics indeed end up in "agreeing and being agreed to". There's no discussion, only FF-worshiping and IE-bashing. Because everyone agrees to everyone you strenghten eachother's convictions as well. That's the sick mass culture I'm talking about.

To emulate a famous bash.org quote: personally it's not Firefox I dislike, it's his fanclub I can't stand.
S3nd K3ys
Arnie wrote:
OK. So you all think you're very elite because you use an alternative browser. Then you smash everyone who doesn't conform to your standards into the ground. They're unsafe idiots that deserve to get sarcasm unleashed on. How is that keeping people in their value? For example. You're totally bashing people that don't like tabbed browsing. So you are so good that you can decide for everyone they should like tabbed browsing instead of windowed browsing? If the masses fall for such pressure you can make nice artificial facts stating that "tabbed browsing is the only right way". Well, tabbed or windowed doesn't make any difference to me.

Also a lot of prejudices and so-called "science" is being used to promote Firefox, almost like it's a cult. You can't get hacked with Firefox? Lies. Assuming that Firefox is really as good as claimed, it will still only protect you from evil code on websites. There are a lot of different ways to get your system compromised.

So, Firefox is a better browser when talking about security. Firefox is open source, which is also being deified. I'm not against open source, I'm against the worshiping culture. It's like if you use those things and bash everyone that doesn't, you gain status for yourself. You're part of the elite club. While actually you're not so elite at all because it's simply a mass movement of people that "go with the flow". There are no disadvantages to Firefox? IE loads a lot faster on my computer. Oh, yes, I know. It's because IE is integrated into Windows. So what? Does that make any difference? It still loads faster. And yes, I've optimized everything, set the same starts pages... and so forth.

Now don't get me wrong here. I have nothing against Firefox, but there is a great lack of nuance. FF is good, IE is bad. And that's final. No way that anyone should use IE. Everyone with IE will get viruses, even if they're experienced users (ha, experienced people with IE!?) and never visit the dark side of the Internet. Even if they check hijackthis logs, rootkits, and running processes regularly. They'll still get hacked, infected - they'll burn in hell!! Nothing wrong with Firefox - but what I just described, that's wrong.

Now it's not me who's sticking my head into the ground here. I've thought well about all this and considered it over and over again. I've tried Firefox. I've tried Opera. I've tried even Mosaic. You are accusing the masses of being ostriches, and thus implying that you're not - you're the enlightened elite that has to save the Internet from evil IE! While in fact most FF fans are as much ostriches as the masses. Just walking after the common arguments, joining with the common IE-bash topics, agreeing and being agreed to. What large forums doesn't have an IE-bash topic? It's in fact a very biased culture. Usually those topics have 0% or at most 5% of people actually defending IE. The rest is either fervently attacking it or being dragged along by the radicals ("yes you guys are so right"). Now look at it honestly. Check out all the posts above me. It's simply intimidation. The room for open discussion was shut tightly the moment this topic was started. Usually such topics indeed end up in "agreeing and being agreed to". There's no discussion, only FF-worshiping and IE-bashing. Because everyone agrees to everyone you strenghten eachother's convictions as well. That's the sick mass culture I'm talking about.

To emulate a famous bash.org quote: personally it's not Firefox I dislike, it's his fanclub I can't stand.

Freak out if you don't like this thread. Laughing

It's not that we think we're elite, it's that we know we're safer. Plain and simple. (I think the tabbed browsing comment was a joke, BTW)

IE + pages or popups containing malicious ActiveX controls + gullable person = spyware infection
SunburnedCactus
I reckon the IE fanclub is much worse, in any case.
Arnie
Well the lenght of my post is nothing compared to the IE bashing and FF worshiping that nearly every forum is filled up with. I'm really sick of that. And you hardly hear anything from the IE fanclub. At least they don't imitate the Gospel making their browser a god. I wrote an article on that once, analysing SFX. If you look carefully it looks a lot like a cult. Spread the word, put flyers in public areas, testify to your friends, share your story how you saw the light?

S3nd K3ys, there are indeed people that simply happily use Firefox. I've nothing against them. I do have something against people that participate in the massive FF worshiping culture as described in my big post.
Cano
Google made Google bar for Firefox! there is no reason now to still use Internet Explorer!

Greets
Cáno
S3nd K3ys
Arnie wrote:
Well the lenght of my post is nothing compared to the IE bashing and FF worshiping that nearly every forum is filled up with. I'm really sick of that. And you hardly hear anything from the IE fanclub. At least they don't imitate the Gospel making their browser a god. I wrote an article on that once, analysing SFX. If you look carefully it looks a lot like a cult. Spread the word, put flyers in public areas, testify to your friends, share your story how you saw the light?

S3nd K3ys, there are indeed people that simply happily use Firefox. I've nothing against them. I do have something against people that participate in the massive FF worshiping culture as described in my big post.

Perhaps, Arnie, you should take note of what's being said, and why. Seems to me they are doing nothing but proving the fact that FF is safer and better than IE.
Arnie
I don't write long stories for no reason. The lenght was because I'm already familiar with the common arguments. A lot are already countered in my post. I've had this discussion before so often, there's little new.
Arnie wrote:
Now it's not me who's sticking my head into the ground here. I've thought well about all this and considered it over and over again. I've tried Firefox. I've tried Opera. I've tried even Mosaic. You are accusing the masses of being ostriches [...] While in fact most FF fans are as much ostriches as the masses. Just walking after the common arguments, joining with the common IE-bash topics, agreeing and being agreed to. [...] To emulate a famous bash.org quote: personally it's not Firefox I dislike, it's his fanclub I can't stand.
SunburnedCactus
Arnie wrote:
I don't write long stories for no reason. The lenght was because I'm already familiar with the common arguments. A lot are already countered in my post. I've had this discussion before so often, there's little new.

Then why bring it up here to complain about?
Arnie
I'm not complaining, I'm trying to show you that there's more behind the FF scene than most of you think. I could also say, since you're all already convinced that Firefox is so great, what's the use of making a topic.
SunburnedCactus
Since at least 90% of computer users use IE as their browser. And a lot of people don't even know that FireFox exists (believe it or not).

Besides, it's hard not to boast about such a good browser. Very Happy
S3nd K3ys
Arnie wrote:
I don't write long stories for no reason. The lenght was because I'm already familiar with the common arguments. A lot are already countered in my post.

Perhaps I missed it, but it sounds like you're saying that FF really isn't safer than MSIE in it's default settings? Rolling Eyes

Care to elaborate? See, I got my info from an actual MCSE, and from what I've seen so far, he's right. I don't run AV or a firewall, and have zero popups/spyware for over 2 years now.
Arnie
Did I ever contradict your security doctrine? Actually I've taken the assumption that FF is safer than IE, because debating on that is really a dead end. So to make things easy I just say you're right that FF is better for security. Even though I run IE for years without viruses or anything, and hijackthis logs / rootkit scans / virus scans can prove so.
Quote:
So, Firefox is a better browser when talking about security. Firefox is open source, which is also being deified. I'm not against open source, I'm against the worshiping culture. [...] There are no disadvantages to Firefox? IE loads a lot faster on my computer. Oh, yes, I know. It's because IE is integrated into Windows. So what? Does that make any difference? It still loads faster. And yes, I've optimized everything, set the same starts pages... and so forth.
My point is: security is not the only factor. Different users means different values for different factors. In other words, for some people IE is a better choice, and I count myself among them.

The problem with the FF culture is also that people think in black-and-white. You're thinking I'm not for you, so I'm against you. While actually I have advised people to use Firefox.
Quote:
Now don't get me wrong here. I have nothing against Firefox, but there is a great lack of nuance.
The problem however is the culture surrounding it. It robs people of their freedom of choice. IE-users are demonized just as the browser is. They're ridiculed and put under pressure to repent.
Donutey
woot IE7 beta... tabbed browsing... better implementation than firefox, but unfortunately it takes about 2minutes to open on my 2.8Ghz P4... it seems to have just started doin this... aw well... though it is a beta >opens firefox and laughs at microsoft< Rolling Eyes
n0obie4life
SunburnedCactus wrote:
Since at least 90% of computer users use IE as their browser. And a lot of people don't even know that FireFox exists (believe it or not).

No Firefox doesn't exist.

It's just a imaginary broswer.
babumuchhala
n0obie4life wrote:
SunburnedCactus wrote:

No Firefox doesn't exist.

It's just a imaginary broswer.
Cut the crap n0ob. I know this is one those time pass posts u make.

@arnie can u tell us a few Greatness of IE over Firefox or Opera. Plus we dont worship FF/Opera its just their superiority that pulls us toward it. If IE7 were to be better than FF/Opera (which is not going to be the case) then we all might move to it.

As far as i know one can turn off Tabbed Browsing if they dont linke it, so its not forced on anyone.

If u dont want browsers to follow standards then whats the use of them. If standards are not there how will webmasters make wbsites. Its these standards that has taken the web so far and without them the internet boom would have never come.
gonzo
S3nd K3ys wrote:
gonzo wrote:

ROTFLMAO!

Now THAT's funny shit! Don't matter who you are. Very Happy

Very Happy

Quote:
Mind if I modify that and use it elsewhere? Wink

Go right ahead!

(I would have expounded a bit more and brushed up my congruities but it was late.... next time)
lockwolf
All I have to say for all you people using IE

Do you feel safe on the internet? Does the constant day to day look from page to page, store to store, transaction to transaction, password to password have you thinking that you are safe? If I was using IE I probably wouldn't be feeling safe.

Lets look at a few facts. A large ammount of webpages are optimized for IE which means that its coded so it works best for IE. If this person happens to be a hacker, it could load Spyware and Keyloggers without you even knowing it (Like you do anyother time).

Also, do you enjoy being part of a large corperations way of surfing the internet? I personally hate supporting large corperations like Microsoft because there are always better solutions for free or reasonably cheap. Firefox isnt run by some large corperation but by a few people that want to change the internet for the better.

Quote:

What the hell is this shit suppost to be? Wealthy Americans? Liberalists? Firefox Lied? Bad for society? WTF IS THIS SHIT! I have heard better excuses for something on the back of a cereal box!

As for me, I stick with firefox, I feel better about what I am doing on the internet.

(Also, there is a tabbed browsing mod for IE but it really sux compared to Firefox)
gonzo
Arnie wrote:
OK. So you all think you're very elite because you use an alternative browser.

No, that's not why.

Quote:
Then you smash everyone who doesn't conform to your standards into the ground

kinda like your rant? Wink

Quote:
You can't get hacked with Firefox?
define "get hacked".

Quote:
There are a lot of different ways to get your system compromised.

And how much easier to use something with a foothold on the OS than a mere HTML rendering engine, right?

Quote:
IE loads a lot faster on my computer

http://matt.sixxgate.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=92

Quote:
IE is integrated into Windows. So what?

security risk?

Quote:
Everyone with IE will get viruses

replace "will" with "is more likely to".

Quote:
even if they're experienced users
now it's less likely.

Quote:
I've tried even Mosaic.

wow, you must be old..

Quote:
It's in fact a very biased culture.

Whoa.. hold the press.. Are you saying you're not biased?
mustaq
i notice bbcworld website there have mension that ie is more safer than any other browser well other browser have a hole in there security
Arnie
gonzo wrote:
Arnie wrote:
OK. So you all think you're very elite because you use an alternative browser.
No, that's not why.
You may speak for yourself, but you can't speak for the general attitude of Firefox-promoters. And that attitude strikes me as elitist, because of the tone used when describing IE and its users. It's the idea of "we're better and you're just... stupid for not conforming." That doesn't sound like elitism?
gonzo wrote:
kinda like your rant? Wink
I don't make threads promoting IE with biased reasonings and commanding everyone to use my browser, or else "they're just... stupid".
gonzo wrote:
define "get hacked".
How is this relevant except for trying to catch me making a mistake? I'm not going to have a useless discussion on terminology with you. My point is that Firefox is just a browser, it's not a full guarantee to be secure from all risks. There are risks outside the protocols used by Firefox. Your system can get comprimised without ever having used any browser. That's my point: I'm not interested in the detailed definition of hacking. Try Wikipedia for that.
gonzo wrote:
Quote:
There are a lot of different ways to get your system compromised.
And how much easier to use something with a foothold on the OS than a mere HTML rendering engine, right?
gonzo wrote:
Quote:
IE is integrated into Windows. So what?
security risk?
That's another IE bashing. If you read my post carefully, you will see that I'm not fighting Firefox. I even advise certain people to use Firefox - people of whom I feel they'd be better off with it. It remains an advise, it's all their choice, and I don't use terms such as "Internet Exploder sucks" etcetera. So I advise people to use Firefox, but I don't preach on every occasion I get that everyone has to repent to Firefox or have his computer burn. It's the social attitude, the groupie culture, that bothers me. Not the application. Security isn't the only issue. That's why to avoid discussions like this I have simply assumed that Firefox is really more secure than IE. Read back my previous posts. So yes, you're right, it's a disadvantage of IE that it's so integrated. But at least I admit that both browsers have advantages and disadvantages and that therefor the best choice differs on the person using it. By the way - the second quote was nicely ripped out of its context.
gonzo wrote:
Quote:
Everyone with IE will get viruses
replace "will" with "is more likely to".
Quote:
even if they're experienced users
now it's less likely.
Note the irony as I was describing the way a lot of Firefox promoters depict IE. It's nice of you to nuance it now, but in reality the Firefox promoters don't do so.
gonzo wrote:
Quote:
It's in fact a very biased culture.
Whoa.. hold the press.. Are you saying you're not biased?
I'm not joining in a mass of "elitists" (note the contradictio in terminis) that blindly shout a prejudiced opinion. I'm open for any browser, and if I don't like it I will say so politely instead of bashing it to death. I don't belittle the users of other browsers. Also if I do like it, which is the case with Firefox, I won't pressure others to use it. So what is the biased culture I'm talking about? Making your opinion that Firefox is the best browser a fact that everyone has to agree to, while in reality there are a lot of factors weighing differently for each person.
Arnie wrote:
If the masses fall for such pressure you can make nice artificial facts stating that "tabbed browsing is the only right way".
Note: the tabbed browsing was only an example. (See this quote's context.)

So to summarize all this, I challange you to stop bringing up technical details why Firefox is safer than IE. We all know, they're in just about any forums on the Internet. Let's talk about the culture surrounding the browser. How every online community is filled with people having Firefox avatars, Firefox sigs, people that reply "use Firefox" whenever they get the opportunity (whether relevant to the topic or not), etcetera. How people are being treated like outcasts because of the browser they use. It's full of intolerance, a "we're the best"-mentality and disrespect. Covered up by seemingly noble goals: "we're taking back the web!"
SunburnedCactus
Consider how widespread anti-Microsoft sentiment was before the advent of FireFox. This is an easy way for people to make their voices heard about that corporation, not just a specific product (i.e. IE). I'm sure people would have less of a problem of IE was free, open-source software, and not MS bloatware.

That said, I use Windows, but that's just laziness.
netjunk
Go with firefox. It is faster than Internet Explorer has built in search engines is more user friendly and is just an all round better browser.
meretyping
for atheism's-sakes, people! it's a browser, not a religion! [i use firefox, but my parents don't] although, my computer has had fewer viruses since my dismissal of internet explorer, to call firefox users
Quote:
like . . . a cult.
is going a bit far, right? we want to help people, not just lure them in with our pretty, protected computers. romanticize it, why don'tcha?
Bondings
I use firefox most of the time and this for several reasons, including safety.

But have you ever wondered why FF is safer than IE? I really doubt it's the coding. FF users are still a big minority of experienced users, while IE users are a big majority of mostly less experienced users. It's quite normal that virus/spyware writers are targetting IE. But once 'normal' people switch over to Firefox and the percentage gets over 30-40%, then Firefox won't be the secure browser it is at the moment.
babumuchhala
The basic reason FF is more secure than IE is the fact that its not hard coded into the OS and thats the biggest security error.

In Vista IE and for the sake all browsers will have the least priority account working i.e it will always act as if its a restricted account user is using may u be in administrator mode.

This will make browsing a lot more safer.
kansloos
I use Internet Explore instead of Firefox because there certain site's and feature that Internet Explorer will display and firefox not.

Yes, Firefox is a lot safer against spyware, code and shit.
though a good firewall and spywareblaster will keep most of it ouside.

If in the future versions of firefox, the missing features are added. then I will start to use firefox
Tjcrazy
Yes I dont like IE i prefer Mozilla Firefox and Opera. They are both very good
Mr. McCoy
Arnie wrote:

i agree.. IE still works best...
avk
Hey Dont joke yaar
i think IE is the best. It is very user friendly and i m also very IE friendly...
i think you don't know how to use it if u need to learn it then give me a knock. I am always ready to teach ..................................
hangnhu
whoa, what the heck are these firefox and opera???? isn't internet explore good enought? everything has a dissadvantage, but isn't original better? well maybe nescape doesn't fit in the original catergory

i never knew there is so many other option to going online, i uses my real play sometime, but always go back to internet explore

hate aol
S3nd K3ys
hangnhu wrote:
whoa, what the heck are these firefox and opera???? isn't internet explore good enought? everything has a dissadvantage, but isn't original better? well maybe nescape doesn't fit in the original catergory

i never knew there is so many other option to going online, i uses my real play sometime, but always go back to internet explore

hate aol

IE is fine if you don't plan on connecting to the internet. For local stuff, you should be safe for the most part. Rolling Eyes
hangnhu
S3nd K3ys wrote:
hangnhu wrote:

hate aol

IE is fine if you don't plan on connecting to the internet. For local stuff, you should be safe for the most part. Rolling Eyes

I wonder what do you use IE for? I thought it is the internet, I uses it for stuffing online, reading, email and downloading music Very Happy
Arnie
I'm not saying IE to be best Mr. McCoy, just that it works best for me. Razz That doesn't mean it's best for everyone.
Kd527
Of course what I say is just switch platforms and malware won't be a problem. Neither will chosing a web browser (just don't use IE Wink).
hangnhu
Kd527 wrote:
Of course what I say is just switch platforms and malware won't be a problem. Neither will chosing a web browser (just don't use IE Wink).

so where or how do i get these other browser to try out? and how much space do they take, plus do they works on old computers, such as window 95 etc

how come you guys have so many ranges of browser in the first place? u just like look them up?

iexplore comes with the comp i brought, so i guess i never bother to look furthurer, it not like i'm doing much, you guys must be doing mega stuff online rite?
Arnie
Firefox doesn't work on Windows 95. The latest IE that works on 95 is 5.5SP2. It's better not to connect such old computers to the net anymore.
babumuchhala
All those who are favouring IE have u ever visited Secunia and the warnings it gives.

Internet Explore:
Secunia wrote:
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x with all vendor patches installed and all vendor workarounds applied, is currently affected by one or more Secunia advisories rated Extremely critical
http://secunia.com/advisories/15546/

Currently, 21 out of 89 Secunia advisories, is marked as "Unpatched" in the Secunia database.

http://secunia.com/product/11/

Firefox:
Secunia wrote:
Currently, 3 out of 25 Secunia advisories, is marked as "Unpatched" in the Secunia database.

http://secunia.com/product/4227/

Opera:
Secunia wrote:
Currently, 1 out of 11 Secunia advisories, is marked as "Unpatched" in the Secunia database.

http://secunia.com/product/4932/

Now if u look at these closely FF & Opera have no Security Alerts that are not even rated Critical, whereas MS IE has got something thats give very rarely and thats "Extremely critical"
n0obie4life
I.E has more patches because..IE is a great program. Great programs need patches. The more the better, what's more, I can modify IE to my needs Laughing

Firefox is a lousy program. They ruined aalllllllllllll my extensions when I upgraded to 1.5. They have little patches and stuff like that. They even ruined my favourite search thingy when I upgraded to 1.5 (dictionary.com).

Booaahhhh.

No back to reality.

The last time I heard, firefox has more flaws than I.E, but IE's flaws are more critical.
boringest
lol...we should all switch browsers every 3 months so that each camp will be satisfied

ok, let's start with Opera first =P Laughing
S3nd K3ys
n0obie4life wrote:
...but IE's flaws are more critical.

S3nd K3ys wrote:
...Except that the vulnerabilities in Firefox are the kind that crash the browser or look at your cache. The vulnerabilities in IE are the kind that, according the Windows Update, "allow an attacker to take control over your computer". I'd rather a crashed browser than a back orifice job any day Wink

Yuppers...
beyondinfiniti
IE is very stupid. Firefox is a lot better and reliable. It just takes longer to startup.
comsci18
I use Internet Explore instead of Firefox because there certain site's and feature that Internet Explorer will display and firefox not
Cano
I made small test of IE, FF and Opera:
http://frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=131899&highlight=#131899

Greets
Cáno
GrimReaper77
There'll always be a need for IE (Windows Updates - that ultra-complex-design website that won't open quite right in other browsers), and I've noticed that Mozilla's memory footprint tends to get bloated over time (memory leaks / bad programming?) ....

That being said, I always use Mozilla / Firefox, but am still looking forward to IE7..... Smile
SunburnedCactus
GrimReaper77 wrote:
There'll always be a need for IE (Windows Updates - that ultra-complex-design website that won't open quite right in other browsers), and I've noticed that Mozilla's memory footprint tends to get bloated over time (memory leaks / bad programming?) ....

That being said, I always use Mozilla / Firefox, but am still looking forward to IE7..... Smile

Windows update isn't ultra-complex, rather it is deliberately programmed to prevent it working in other browsers.

I prefer a larger "memory footprint" in FF to having loads of IE windows open in any case.
Indyan
I left IE ages ago.I think itz about 4 years now.
Frm ie I first switched to Opera v4 or something.Didnt like it.Then found Netcaptor.Was pretty nice compared to other browsers available then.Then Mozilla came out and i used that for sometime also.
But finally when i came across Opera v7.11 instantly became a fan of it.Since then I have tried other browsers but havent found anything better than it.

And yeah I agree using Ie is foolish.It is the most basic browsers.Heck it doesnt support css and cant even render the crystal glass skin of my blog properly.It is holding back the web.It doesnt have even the most basic features .
First tabbed browser came out in 1994.Ie added it in 2005.Pretty fast evolting.Aint it?
dave
For me opera is the perfect solution and it'S freeware since 8.5...
I love tabbedbrowsing and I hate IE!!!!!!!

But I didn't know that this Browser-Fight is such an explosive subject...