FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Domain Name

jarred89
Hello I am thinking of buying a Domain name and i was wondering how i could join my frihost account to the domain name does anyone know??
Sunny
When you get your domain you should also get a link to Domain Control Panel or DNS Control Panel. If you don't then you will have to check Domain registrant website or look in its faq's or ask them for it.

Once you login to Domain Control Panel, You are looking for option DNS Setting or DNS Configuration or NameServer etc. Click it, you will see multiple boxes to add name servers. In fst(Primary) add ns1.frih.net, second(Secondary) add ns2.frih.net. If you have more options, just leave them blank.

Note : (Use ns1.frihost.net and ns2.frihost.net if you are hosted on control panel and not direct admin)

Then next step is to add the domain to your webhosting Panel.

If You are hosted on Direct Admin Control Panel. Click Domain Setup>>Add another Domain>>Give your domain and click create.Leave the bandwidth and space options as "same as main account"

For Control panel...login..Click on addon domain, give your domain name and a directory name. Cpanel will create a folder in public_html with same direcotry name. You should upload your site in same folder.
jarred89
thanks for that im going to sign up for one tomorrow
bjwok
i have done those steps and am just wondering how long it will take to "refresh"?
Diablosblizz
bjwok wrote:
i have done those steps and am just wondering how long it will take to "refresh"?

The nameservers update could take up to 72 hours, although it normally will work after 24 hours. It also depends on how busy the two servers are.
bjwok
thanks champ.

another question: where i bought the domain from i just noticed they are advertising URL forwarding as another paid service. correct me if i am wrong but isn't that exactly what we are trying to do here (but avoiding the paying part!)

ie:

i have bought:

www.bjwok.com

i would like http://www.bjwok.frih.net/

to be where i host all my files, but be accessible via www.bjwok.com

have i got this wrong?
bjwok
no bother folks, i got this working all fine myself.

cheers