FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

problems with FTP

gnomme
I am having problems with the ftp to my page today. This is the error message I recieve from my ftp program. I allready use this program every time with the same configurations, and it allways works.

ERROR:> The remote host actively refused the attempt to connect to it.
1) Verify that the destination server name or IP address is correct
2) Verify that the connection port number is correct (under Site Settings | Type tab).
3) The remote server may be temporarily or permanently inaccessible (try again later).
4) Verify that you have chosen the right protocol (SSH2, SSL, FTP, etc.) and have setup all required options for that protocol.
5) Verify that the destination IP address and port numbers are correct.
6) The remote server may be refusing multiple connections from the same client. Try using only one connection thread when connecting to this particular server (Site Settings | Options).
7) Try pinging the address.
Cool If you are using a router, verify the router is up and running (check by pinging it and then ping an address outside of the router).
9) Do a traceroute to the destination to verify all routers along the connection path are operational.
10) Verify that your subnet mask is setup properly.
11) Verify that your local software or hardware firewall is not blocking outbound connections originating from CuteFTP.
12) Verify that your anti-virus software is not at fault (try disabling it).
gnomme
its my zone alarm Firewall. I had upgraded it yesterday...does anyone knows how to configure it? now i have to shutdown to connect to FTP
Bondings
Maybe try to enable certain ports in your firewall, like port 21.
n0obie4life
gnomme wrote:
its my zone alarm Firewall. I had upgraded it yesterday...does anyone knows how to configure it? now i have to shutdown to connect to FTP

Doesn't Zonealarm come up with the popup when a program is trying to access the internet?

Just press "Allow" and check "Remember"
webapp
Zone Alarm is highly configurable easy to use, user friendly firewall
I love using it and have been using it for over 3 yrs....

Sometimes its weird...if the true vector monitor ( Heart of zone alarm engine) doesn't work fine then u will see all types of problems.....

once in a while i disable it for ex it pops up everytime i use firefox...i dunno why...

its a gr8 program so try shutting it down and try ftp if it doesn't work then its some other problem
gnomme
thank you all. When the ftp program starts the popup prompts and I allow it. the problem isn΄t that. but thanks anyays