FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

promoting your website

b2b
I want my site to be part of as many search engines as possible. Is there a general approach i can take without spending a dime? Twisted Evil As i'm a student i cant really afford to register my site with the main engines.. (>_<)
n0obie4life
Yes. Get alot of sites to link to you Wink

http://bondings-world.frihost.net

See, I'm doing that! Link exchange Wink
mark
Try affiliation. Also, build a .txt page on your website for robots. So, when they come to your site to search for content, the page can guide them. Also, you can manually submit your site to google, yahoo and yahoo's altavista.
SilverDogg
mark wrote:
Try affiliation. Also, build a .txt page on your website for robots. So, when they come to your site to search for content, the page can guide them. Also, you can manually submit your site to google, yahoo and yahoo's altavista.

what should such a textfile look like?
n0obie4life
http://www.google.com.sg/search?q=robots.txt&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

There Wink

It's a robots.txt file.
gonzo
provide useful, unique content and expand your holdings frequently.
mrmaxt
you can manually submit your site to google, yahoo and yahoo's altavista aswell as a few other sites i have personally found that you can search for certain ways to add on to search engines through freetools.com
b2b
Thanks guys! That has helped me out. I think i'll start with manually entering my website into google/yahoo type sites. I might also research a robot.txt. But how does one enter this into a site? Question
Devil
u can also use some website promotion softwares, which will submit ur site in 90% of the search engines Very Happy
b2b
Yeh i understand that, but can u gimme a couple names for web promotion software??