FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The New Gabriel Garcia Marquez "Novel"

ladiesroompodcast
I just finished reading it today. I say "novel" because it's more of a novella, although it costs as much as a full-length novel. I wanted to see if any one else had read it and what they think of it.
pecocer
Hi,

I like other books by Garcia Marquez, but I haven't even tried this one because of its title and topic, which I find quite offensive (and even old-fashioned).

Do you thinks it worths? Is it as the title suggests?
ladiesroompodcast
Not too worth a read--It's a very quick one though. The book is a little odd and yes offensive!
juliox
Well I like the books from Garcia Marquez, the first book that I read was one of his books Chronicle of a Death Foretold.
alja
By the time I write this post I don't know which book you are refering to but as a fan of Gabo I have to say that all the books he has written are full of "costumbrismo" folcklore and some times it might be dificult to the people to understand his books, I know that he can seems offensive but I don't think that his intention is to offend people but to recreate some part of the book. I have to say that my favorit book has bee the novel prize. "cien anos de soledad"
sprinqles
What book are you talking about? Smile

When it comes to Latin American Literature my favorite author would be Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
Ioana
I don´t know about the new one - but Marques is definitely one of my favourite authors - the favourite from latin-america anyway.
bellairebpa
Wait, sorry for sounding stupid but I can't find the name of this new novel.

I have read some Garcia Marques novelettes (in Spanish class) and must say that they are absolutely wonderful. His criticisms of the greedy upper class are so beautifully insinuated that they appear to actually be woven into the description of the setting. My favorite is La Prodigiosa Tarde de Baltazar. It's so quirky (or at least Baltazar is) and amazingly endearing. I think were reading La viuda de Montiel next semester, or maybe were reading it next year. Definitely looking forward to it!

Also, I want to read this new novel. AH! Good idea: I'll Google it!