FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hi everyone!

KHO
How is this site? I was just thinking of shiping over, and I wanted to see if anyone really recomends it. Currently, I'm on http://freewebs.com. So, do you think it would be worth it to move over?
cnnet
yes
fri is a good server
I've been using it for more than half a year till now
KHO
Alright, do they give you free stuff like counters and polls that you can post on your web site?
nOScott
fri is a very good one =)
AgenthHero
FriHost gives 256 mb space for free, while freewebs gives 256 mb only if your a registered member and also a payed member.

So i suggest you come here. Very Happy
psycosquirrel
Frihost in infinitely better than freewebs, and you also get to be part of a huge, friendly community. Welcome to Frihost, I am sure you will enjoy your stay. Very Happy
Davidgr1200
I'm pleased with frih and have transferred my website here. You have to make sure you're active in the forums though.
tidruG
Frihost does not offer free counters or poll or other webmaster resources. However, we offer free 250mb space, 10gb bandwidth per month.

You get DirectAdmin/cpanel user panel depending on which server you are alloted. (currently, all new users are being given DirectAdmin user panels.)

However, you can easily find free counters and polls on many websites, such as www.bravenet.com.

As a moderator on this site, I think I'd rather not say "SHIFT OVER TO FRIHOST ASAP!!", but then there's a reason I chose this host to other hosts. (and remember please, that I was a member much before I was a moderator Very Happy)
KHO
Yes, I already use bravenet for many of my needs, I am so tired of stupid freewebs, none of their stuff works anyway! I'm so glad to have finally found a good host! *cries*

Now, if I were to say, go on vacation for a month or so (as I often do) and I have no access to a computer, would my account be suspended or anything just because I didn't post here?

Or perhaps since there seems to be human Moderators, if i were to announce that I am going before I do, would they understand and allow it?
Helios
tidruG wrote:
Frihost does not offer free counters or poll or other webmaster resources. However, we offer free 250mb space, 10gb bandwidth per month.

You get DirectAdmin/cpanel user panel depending on which server you are alloted. (currently, all new users are being given DirectAdmin user panels.)

However, you can easily find free counters and polls on many websites, such as www.bravenet.com.

As a moderator on this site, I think I'd rather not say "SHIFT OVER TO FRIHOST ASAP!!", but then there's a reason I chose this host to other hosts. (and remember please, that I was a member much before I was a moderator Very Happy)

Hmm... I was using a CGI counter script on my site a month ago and I had generated it using a cPanel feature Confused

FriH. Yea, it's ok I guess.. was better at the beginning though Confused
Well, it is better than FreeWebs so go and post =P
waiteck
KHO wrote:
Yes, I already use bravenet for many of my needs, I am so tired of stupid freewebs, none of their stuff works anyway! I'm so glad to have finally found a good host! *cries*

Now, if I were to say, go on vacation for a month or so (as I often do) and I have no access to a computer, would my account be suspended or anything just because I didn't post here?

Or perhaps since there seems to be human Moderators, if i were to announce that I am going before I do, would they understand and allow it?

Frihost is like a payed webhost service. Providing ample space and bandwith. With Cpanel (currently no more) and DirectAdmin for better management.
-XV-
well i just came here and it looks very good and from wat ppl r sayin it is Very Happy so good find for me !
ajoaktree
KHO wrote:

I'm very curious about the answer to this as well because I am in the military I deploy occasionally for 3-6 months at a time.
meretyping
yeah, i think you can go on vacation for up to maybe two months w/out anything happening to your account. it depends on how many points you have, since one point is subtracted per day you have hosting. i think you can go up to -20 points before anything happens to your account, and have a max of 45 points at one time. of course, since bondings and the moderators are human, they would think about it awhile before killing your website.
ajoaktree
Thanks a ton meretyping...

If I do have to deploy again, I'd have to e-mail them and tell them. Hopefully I they wont be to harsh *wink*
wistom
Yeah, the frihost, is the real one. i use it for half a year. That's very good.
I think you will like it in the end.
bao
Frihost is wonderful.I like it and enjoy in here. Razz
Masochistic Tendencies
Yes switch. Freewebs is evil!! Evil I tell you... Twisted Evil that is all.
btocakci
Best?Yes,best!! Wink
gonzo
Hi Doctor Nick!

.... should you really be playing with Potassium Hydroxide??
Sentenza
My account at xeeblo.net was deleted twice on server changes. I decided it won't be happening thrice, as I think I'll move towards frihost. Unlike many other hosts that require posts, this one doesn't have dozens of spam threads... which really tempts people of only replying for the post count. Anyway, the more I read here, the more I'm interested, good job people. Smile
frozenhead
KHO wrote:
How is this site? I was just thinking of shiping over, and I wanted to see if anyone really recomends it. Currently, I'm on http://freewebs.com. So, do you think it would be worth it to move over?

I would say, IT'S WORTH IT TO MOVE OVER FRIHOST. Frihost is far more better that FreeWebs when it comes in Hosting.

And

AgenthHero wrote:

FriHost gives 256 mb space for free, while freewebs gives 256 mb only if your a registered member and also a payed member.

+10GB traffic and other specs? That's no joke!

+We have good moderators, best admins and great community! So I would suggest you'd better stick here. Wink
gonzo
hopefully we'll have some uptime stats soon

http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?site=frihost.net

Wink
planet
Wellcome =)

I'm vellee happee =))