FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I'm new and...

DoUBelievInFear
was wondering, I saw that I will get free CGI-bin with this, for that do I have to have the website hosted here, or can it be on another server?
gonzo
yes. no.
deca
You will have to move your site to the Frihost server.
DoUBelievInFear
deca wrote:
You will have to move your site to the Frihost server.

Oh, I see. Do these servers allow me to build my site using raw HTML and other languages? And give me full control of it, like some sites would put a templete on your page and you couldnt change it through HTML, I want to be able to do anything on my page.
gonzo
yes
deca
Yes, you can build your own site off of HTML, or PHP, or whatever you want. They don't give you any tools to build your site, other than a few scripts you can "install" if you want them.

You have to code every page, and then upload them via FTP.
DoUBelievInFear
deca wrote:
Yes, you can build your own site off of HTML, or PHP, or whatever you want. They don't give you any tools to build your site, other than a few scripts you can "install" if you want them.

You have to code every page, and then upload them via FTP.

Alright! Thats awesome, so there aren't any users that can just use a graphical editor and degrade the whole server with their crappy site! And one more question, whats the domain format? Is it going to be my sn, or do I get to choose later?
gonzo
I'd answer you but I suspect you'd continue not reading my responses
DoUBelievInFear
gonzo wrote:
I'd answer you but I suspect you'd continue not reading my responses
awww, I read yours, but the other guys were more detailed, so I responded to them.
n0obie4life
You get to choose your domain.

Your domain will be (something.frih.net)

And don't listen to gonzo.
gonzo
n0obie4life wrote:
And don't listen to gonzo {because then you might notice he's more capable at supporting users than I am}.
SunburnedCactus
Totally on topic there.
tidruG
gonzo wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:
And don't listen to gonzo {because then you might notice he's more capable at supporting users than I am}.

Yes, very capable. One word answers. The perfect way to support users. It's perfectly clear you have nothing but the clearing of their confusion as your sole purpose for making these awesomely supportive one-lined posts?

If minimalism is more helpful, I say ask the fish, because they won't even say the single word that you do... that way, the users will be able to understand everything, because nothing is explained.

@SunburnedCactus, your post will look a little out of place because I moved the spam post to which you replied to the Spam Can.