FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The real truth about US terrorism

Haiku2016
The title is intentionally ambivalent, if not misleading, because there is a counter-argument going around that the current terrorism is actually a US construct to allow them to maintain a strong military presence over the globe. I don't know much about this, nor do I necessarily agree. But I will not be surprised if the reality of it is not as simple as our mainstream media would have us believe. So, on the behest of deanhills, I'm opening this topic for discussion and fresh input. Besides, I need the points, Smile.
Blaster
So what you are trying to say is that you think terrorism i put in motion by the United States Government for the sole fact of us to keep our military power in the world? I think history alone should settle that argument. Just take a look at World War II and see how the United States with its bigger military force was able to help fight and win the war.
Haiku2016
Blaster wrote:
So what you are trying to say is that you think terrorism i put in motion by the United States Government for the sole fact of us to keep our military power in the world? I think history alone should settle that argument. Just take a look at World War II and see how the United States with its bigger military force was able to help fight and win the war.

I'm not 'saying' anything. Just opening a new chat, Smile. Also curious what you learnt in your studies on terrorism.
deanhills
Thanks for posting the topic Haiku. The topic heading is interesting of course - almost tongue in cheek as if one wanted to play devil's advocate one could make a good case of the US being terrorists themselves. After 2001 the US completely changed its warfare style by going from the classic attack in big formation to creating much smaller cells who are present where the enemy is and can counter-terrorize them if one can put it that way - the enemy itself operating mostly in cells themselves. Also gathering military intelligence in the same way terrorists do.

I remember a couple or more years ago when I was listening to a speech by Putin where he asked the audience a very valid question - and I still haven't quite got the answer to that yet. WHO IS ISIS? Who created ISIS? Is this organization real? Also, say it is real, is it really responsible for attacks globally, like being in Syria, Yemen, and Philippines all at the same time and executing highly sophisticated attacks in Europe to the extent it is being accused of? Who is the spokesperson for ISIS? Where does it get its funding from? Who runs it? Like, I'd like to put faces to it. If it really exists there has to be at least a few faces. If it really exists there should at least have been a few disappointed members who decided to defect and admit to the world of how terrible this organisation is. Maybe there have been defectors and I've missed it in the news. But for me that is a central question that has to be answered first. Who is ISIS? Time and again after a terrorism event when the media reported that it was ISIS I also didn't get the evidence one's supposed to get when ISIS is made responsible for the event. I don't say I disbelieve all of the reports, but since the media don't have any sources direct with ISIS I take what they report with a huge grain of salt. Any person can phone and say they're from ISIS and they were responsible for whatever happened.

The media is owned by very wealthy tycoons who can control it in any way it wishes to. I don't say I'm paranoid in disbelieving everything I hear from the media. But I don't accept everything as the truth. It obviously isn't an independent source of reporting. And unfortunately for the greater deal the only one we have. I have to also question all of those media discussion panels where the audience are blatantly being influenced in certain directions of thought.

A great percentage of the US's economy depends on manufacturing armaments and exporting that to the rest of the world. Hence the US economy has a vested interest in keeping the world at war. And setting one party against the other. I'm not saying it is doing that, but all of the stats are there and the record speaks for itself. It is providing plenty of employment and making those big wealthy tycoons that own most of the United States assets even wealthier with their armament sales.

I'm not saying the US are terrorists, but their actions abroad in setting one party against the other as they clearly did at the beginning of the war in Syria, does leave that impression with me. Providing armaments to the rebels so they could topple the Government that is led by a BAD BAD person. And then as things developed the US successfully brainwashed the US and the rest of the Western World so that it would become OK to bomb Syria themselves as well. The US are experts at fabricating reasons for warfare - every one is still searching for the weapons of self-destruction that Saddam Hussein was supposed to have been hiding - and which reason the US used to invade Iraq in 2004. Etc. Etc. The record speaks for itself.
Blaster
There is a lot about terrorism so let me start by speaking about those that are linked to terrorism, the terrorists themselves. You can see similarities in a lot them for a number of reasons. They kind of fit the same makeup. Much like street gangs or other criminal organizations these people are looking to fit in so they find someplace that they feel they belong. They often have some type of resentment for what ever reason. Timothy Mcveigh for example had resentment against the government for the governments actions following Waco Texas.
Haiku2016
deanhills wrote:
Thanks for posting the topic Haiku. The topic heading is interesting of course - almost tongue in cheek

Many thanks, Wink.

Quote:

A great percentage of the US's economy depends on manufacturing armaments and exporting that to the rest of the world. Hence the US economy has a vested interest in keeping the world at war.

One of the reasons why I'm 'offended' by the delusion about competition. It promotes this kind of stuff as if it's necessary and overlooks the fact that the vast majority of people are engaged in more productive work. These people are often unsung - from the homemakers, the carers, the maintenance people, the gardeners, farmers, and rubbish collectors to the doctors, engineers, administrators, architects, and so on.

Quote:
The US are experts at fabricating reasons for warfare - every one is still searching for the weapons of self-destruction that Saddam Hussein was supposed to have been hiding - and which reason the US used to invade Iraq in 2004. Etc. Etc. The record speaks for itself.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/22/opinion/americas-forever-wars.html
http://investmentwatchblog.com/america-has-started-81-of-the-wars-since-wwii/

It's time we recognize that there's really no justification for war, and that its underlying premise (competition and survival of the fittest) is false. And the US, being a major force if not culprit, needs to take the lead here.