FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

2018 - The beginning of the future?

Da Rossa
I am not. What about you people?
Have a very decent, happy, successful and productive year!
deanhills
Not sure what "ready" means. Is anyone ever ready - like that feels almost a too good to be true state to be in? Do I have goals - yes I do. I pretty much know what I would like to get to in 2018 and have Plan B's and Plan C's lined up. Think that's about as good as "ready" is going to get for me today.
Da Rossa
Then you're more than ready. I don't even have a plan A to begin with!
Curious thing, how can you know it's time to deploy plan B and C? If you activate B, you'll already have lost precious days within the ear due to the wrong A! Laughing
amagard
Yep, ready. I have to be. 2018 won't wait for me Wink
loveandormoney
Da Rossa wrote:
I am not. What about you people?
Have a very decent, happy, successful and productive year!

The party is still on
some guests left already

the mood is fine.

So enjoy Your New Year party also in GOOD health.
And fun.

Power ist very good in 2,018!
standready
Ready or not - 2018 is here!
amagard
Damn, forgot to lift my left foot at 11:59:59 to ensure starting the New Year on the right foot. Think
loveandormoney
standready wrote:
Ready or not - 2018 is here!

And we love it.
Da Rossa
Lets see if I can finish my odyssey of tracking my weight daily.
loveandormoney
The only problem this year like last year
do declare the tax
its so much boring.
We hate it.
Josso
Hello chaps I have returned from frihost past to haunt you all muhahaha.

Anyway, yeah thanks to Frihost massively for keeping my main site up, certain stuff I can't do easily from my little home server plus 2017 was pretty turbulent for me. I guess I have to dig myself out of this points hole now Shocked
deanhills
Great to see you back Josso. You haven't forgotten about Frihost - although I guess who could ever forget Frihost? Wink
Blaster
2018 feels a lot like 2017. I just keep messing up when I have to say the year at work. Other than that yeah still cold and misserable as 2017 ended.
loveandormoney
We hope
2,019 will be better for You.
We wish You a good health.
jajarvin
I really hope that this year 2018 will be a good year.
Haiku2016
2017 was a bit of a turning point for me. 2018 promises to be interesting...
loveandormoney
Same to us. Not only the money is good this year. Health also became better.
rjraaz
Still don't have any new plan..
Haiku2016
Seems like Trump wasn't the disaster everyone said he'd be, Very Happy
Haiku2016
What do you guys think of the recent CES? With the advent of robots, smart tech, AI bots, and even flying taxis, I think the future has officially arrived. Sure, the robots are mainly toys, smart tech is just IoT, and fairly simple at that, AI bots are simply Siri and Google and Alexa, and flying bots is just a biggish drone. None of them works, not really. But, I think we've turned the corner and it's just refinement from now on?

Intel even released an AI chip (well, that was announced last year, but...). Which means computers are now self-learning.

I mean, everything we thought were futuristic in the past, are now coming to pass. Except for time travel and teleportation, perhaps. But I think those are really fantasy. No basis in science, methinks. Happy to hear arguments otherwise.

Also, perhaps elsewhere, SpaceX is going ahead with its first commercial moon flight.

Anything I missed?
andy26
I am still not ready for 2018 XD Im trying to decide what new job path to go down i have been doing websites and search engine optimisation i quit my current SEO job because im just not intrested in the industry anymore it no longer excites me but it might just be because the company i worked for seriously sucks. Ive always wanted to work on more practicle things such as tech support or computer repair, I have sufficent experiance, but im still looking which path to take.
deanhills
andy26 wrote:
I am still not ready for 2018 XD Im trying to decide what new job path to go down i have been doing websites and search engine optimisation i quit my current SEO job because im just not intrested in the industry anymore it no longer excites me but it might just be because the company i worked for seriously sucks. Ive always wanted to work on more practicle things such as tech support or computer repair, I have sufficent experiance, but im still looking which path to take.
Thread merged with Da Rossa's thread on the same topic that was opened first.
loveandormoney
"With the advent of robots, smart tech, AI bots,"

We are so much busy with humans so we dont care using Linux or win or phone or cell phone or email
Words and love are more important this year.
Myrecords
Every new day is a new beginning,it's up to us to decide if it's fair or foul.
Haiku2016
Myrecords wrote:
Every new day is a new beginning,it's up to us to decide if it's fair or foul.

Perhaps so. But do you know of anyone who may not be so 'lucky' - who can't find a job that they want, who has to content themselves with what they can get, or even those who can't find a job at all? One of the gloomy aspects of the future is that we may not be able to find a job and thus may not be able fend for ourselves - hence the current proposals for Universal Basic Incomes and talk about a gig economy (where we don't have a regular job but do gigs - blogging, taking on part-time work, uber/airbnb/etc. and freelancing in various ways). I actually do know of several people in this situation already, where their income is not stable and they just go from month to month and year to year doing what work they can find.