FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problem with hosting website?

edicalgerie
deanhills wrote:
Split from thread on "What does this mean?".

Server 1 cpanel disk had a mechanical failure at end of December 2014. During the melt down of the hard disk the backup started to corrupt already four months before the cpanel went. So there is no backup available.

A new hosting account was opened for you a year ago, which upon checking now I see you've never used. Are you intending to use your hosting account or can we remove it?

what is the problem with my hosting website ?
deanhills
Split post from a very old thread of 2014.

@edicalgerie The portion of the thread you quoted had nothing to do with your hosting account. It addressed a problem of another hosted member dated 2014.

Instead of riding on a very old thread, can you please provide exact details of your own problem.

Your record shows that your hosting account on Server 4 expired a very long time ago and that you haven't been an active member at Frihost since 2013. For more information on what happened to Server 4 you can check the thread below:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-165745.html
edicalgerie
deanhills wrote:

@edicalgerie The portion of the thread you quoted had nothing to do with your hosting account. It addressed a problem of another hosted member dated 2014.

Instead of riding on a very old thread, can you please provide exact details of your own problem.

Your record shows that your hosting account on Server 4 expired a very long time ago and that you haven't been an active member at Frihost since 2013. For more information on what happened to Server 4 you can check the thread below:

so it's possible to hoste my website in server 1, i think i have made an old backup for my webiste before years ago
deanhills
edicalgerie wrote:
deanhills wrote:

so it's possible to hoste my website in server 1, i think i have made an old backup for my webiste before years ago
Frihost is still a post4host site, meaning that you need to be an active member of the Forum in order to get and keep a hosting account. Suggest you make a few posts first to show us your sincerity in being an active member of the Frihost forum. And then of course you need to make posts to keep your hosting account.

Please note that although your post counter shows you are over zero, doesn't mean you're an active member of the Frihost Forum. It just means that something is wrong with your post counter - it should be well below zero considering you haven't been actively posting in the Forum since 2013.
edicalgerie
deanhills wrote:
edicalgerie wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Frihost is still a post4host site, meaning that you need to be an active member of the Forum in order to get and keep a hosting account. Suggest you make a few posts first to show us your sincerity in being an active member of the Frihost forum. And then of course you need to make posts to keep your hosting account.

Please note that although your post counter shows you are over zero, doesn't mean you're an active member of the Frihost Forum. It just means that something is wrong with your post counter - it should be well below zero considering you haven't been actively posting in the Forum since 2013.

i did this since last days ago, i participated in some subjects of forum
deanhills
Actually, if you check your posts you'll note that you're still inactive with making posts. With the way you're arguing at the moment including your PM on a matter of a technicality (i.e. a point counter that is not working) I'm not confident that you will be making posts to maintain your hosting account. In 2013 and then again in 2016 you were given a points reset with the understanding you will become an active member of the Forum again. In both cases you failed to make posts after the points reset. In which case I cannot provide you with a new hosting account.
edicalgerie
deanhills wrote:
Actually, if you check your posts you'll note that you're still inactive with making posts. With the way you're arguing at the moment including your PM on a matter of a technicality (i.e. a point counter that is not working) I'm not confident that you will be making posts to maintain your hosting account. In 2013 and then again in 2016 you were given a points reset with the understanding you will become an active member of the Forum again. In both cases you failed to make posts after the points reset. In which case I cannot provide you with a new hosting account.

Really !!!
You mean i'll do what i do ,and never have a new hosting accounte ?
edicalgerie
edicalgerie wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Really !!!
You mean i'll do what i do ,and never have a new hosting accounte ?

No answers ?
SonLight
Maybe no answers that you like. I see you've made about three posts other than this thread in the last month or so. If you continue to post at that rate, you might not want to use a post-for-host service.

Of course Deanhills and Frihost staff are free to apply whatever standards they wish to, but if it were my decision, I would be disinclined to host your site unless you met the same standards expected of a new user.

I wish you the best. I hope you don't continue doing only what you have done, but get interested in some subjects and make substantial blog posts or forum posts about them. It is true that Frihost is quite liberal about not strictly enforcing the one-point-per-day rule, but it is also true that most of us who still have hosting here have contributed substantially, and at least in spurts we continue to contribute substantial amounts of new content to the site.
deanhills
Thank you @SonLight. Our position exactly. And not for lack of having explained it in PMs and in this thread.

@Edicalgerie your application for a hosting account has been declined for reason of being an inactive member of Frihost. That was very clearly explained to you. You can reread my PMs and the above posts, I believe the content is very clear. Not only are you an inactive member, but I don't have any confidence that you will become an active member. Your history is very clear on that.

I'm going to close this support thread as it has been answered.