FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Where in the Mediterranean would you recommend?

andy26
So I recently went to Corfu and loved it and would love to go again next year however theres no point in doing something over and over it would be great to try something different each time, I could try another Greek island but i wouldn't know which one to try next, I am fully open to suggestions, Im 27 but i don't go for the whole Ibiza club scene I never have, I like abit of culture, history, beaches and stunning views.

I had actually thought about going to the Caribbean its something i have always wanted to do but thats been devastated by Hurricane Irma so that out for now so i think i will stick to the med :/

What would any of you recommend, what stories do you have, id love to see pics too Smile
deanhills
Why not try Turkey - Istanbul? Lots of old culture there and a really great travel experience. They have the big Hagia Sophia Mosque there, a great market - the Arasta Bazaar - with plenty of original wares, particularly in leather and ceramics. A must visit also is Istiklal Street in Beyoglu, across a bridge from the central area of Istanbul. You could take a boat ride on the Bosphorus or a road trip down the coast. Turkish Airlines have some good fares available.
andy26
deanhills wrote:
Why not try Turkey - Istanbul? Lots of old culture there and a really great travel experience. They have the big Hagia Sophia Mosque there, a great market - the Arasta Bazaar - with plenty of original wares, particularly in leather and ceramics. A must visit also is Istiklal Street in Beyoglu, across a bridge from the central area of Istanbul. You could take a boat ride on the Bosphorus or a road trip down the coast. Turkish Airlines have some good fares available.

Turkey would be nice actually and now its in the EU its a little more convenient too.. I'm going to look into Istanbul some more thanks Dean!
Side note do they still use the Turkish lira?
deanhills
andy26 wrote:
Turkey would be nice actually and now its in the EU its a little more convenient too.. I'm going to look into Istanbul some more thanks Dean!
Side note do they still use the Turkish lira?
As far as I know they do. US dollars are of course in great demand. But lira needed for getting around.