FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best Download Manager/Accelerator

abhinav_shah
I currently use DAP 7.0 as my download manager. But I find that the speed I get using DAP is same as I get using normal IE or Mozilla Downloads. The only thing is that DAP gives resume support.
Can anyone suggest some good Download Managers/Accelerators. It's better if they are free !
NuniPio
maybe the speed you get is the maximum your connection can support
abhinav_shah
NuniPio wrote:
maybe the speed you get is the maximum your connection can support

Sometimes I get better speed using IE/Firefox than DAP
ahmetfaruk
The only thing is that DAP gives resume support
Sunny
abhinav_shah wrote:
I currently use DAP 7.0 as my download manager. But I find that the speed I get using DAP is same as I get using normal IE or Mozilla Downloads. The only thing is that DAP gives resume support.
Can anyone suggest some good Download Managers/Accelerators. It's better if they are free !

Lets say if you have a connection of 128Kbps, that means your ISP has capped your download speed at 16KBS. Now doesn't matter what you use to download you will not get more.

I don't think you can do anything to increase the speed. apart from

a) Find a friend in ISP who can change the limit for you

b) Upgrade your connection.

c) Call your ISP regularly and tell them you are gettling slow speeds, dont forget to threaten them that you will change ISP and hope they will get sick of your calls and do soemthing for you Smile.and by the way you can run n a speed test and check if u are getting the speed you are promised.
Uchiha Sasuke
Hey I Intro You All Use This NetLeech It Quite Good Although
thnn
I currently use a program called Free Download Manager. Its excellent. It has an excellent schedular and resume support and I find that most of the time I get faster downloads.
sunlover
I'm using FlashGet. It's very lite (small and working great). And have many languages support Very Happy
riyadh
I have to agree with thnn. i also use the free download manger and it is very fast. normally i used to get like 3 KB/s for downloads but after i got this i get like 5-20 KB/s. try it.
slashgrab
for me Internet Download Manager (very original name, by the way Wink ) is the best. i usually get about 250KB/s while downloading without it, but when using it, it gets to 300KB/s. It supports download resuming and implements itself into Firefox, Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Netscape and Opera, but you can turn it off in any of these whenever you want. The only drawback is that it's not freeware, but it's not expensive, and if you don't mind about it, reverse engineering exists...
progman89
I use the free version of Star Downloader. It has no spyware or adware (besides when the program starts up you get a dialog asking you to upgrade to the full version) and it speeds up downloads more than any other download manager I have ever used. http://www.stardownloader.com/
n0obie4life
This isn't computer help needed or whatever as far as I can see.

-close-