FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

can i add a new domain name

johans
hi,

can i add a new domain name on server 1. If yes, How?
deanhills
johans wrote:
hi,

can i add a new domain name on server 1. If yes, How?
If you Google YouTube there should be a huge number of tutorials that come up with how to add on a new domain. Here's a good start for you:
https://www.google.com/search?q=youtube+how+to+add+a+domain+in+cpanel&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab

In summary all you need to do is go into cPanel to the domains section. Then click on "Add domain", then add the domain i.e. name.com (don't add http:// or www before) - just name.com/.net/.org/etc. You can then check File Manager. If you want to upload files you need to upload them to the root of the add on domain and not the public_html. In other words click on the added domain in File Manager or File Zilla, and then upload files to the root of the added domain. The add on process also gives you the choice of adding an FTP account.

DONT FORGET TO CHANGE YOUR NAME SERVERS AT THE REGISTRAR OF THE DOMAIN AND ALLOW YOURSELF SOME TIME FOR THE NAME SERVERS TO PROPAGATE ANYTHING FROM 30 MINUTES TO 72 HOURS. You have to go into the account that you set up with the Registrar when you purchased your domain and then add the name servers that I provided you with when I set you up with a hosting account. If you don't know how to do it at your Registrar - Google your Registrar's Website as most Registrar's have tutorials for how to change name servers. The nameservers are:

ns1.frihost.net
ns2.frihost.net