FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Why I Need God

accomp
SOLID ROCK TO BUILD YOUR LIFE ON

Basic Questions:

Who is God?
How can I be sure He exists?
Does He care about you?

Other Questions:

Who am I?
What am I here for?
Where am I going?
Is there life after death?
What is the meaning of existence?

This series of forum posts will help you find the answers to these questions, and many more besides. It will show you how to get your feet on the solid rock.

Centuries ago a wise man wrote:

"The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge.

In my distress I called upon the Lord:
to my God I cried for help.

From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears.

He reached from on high, he took me, he drew me out of many waters.

He brought me forth into a broad place;
he delivered me, because he delighted in me.

For who is God, but the Lord?
And who is a rock, except our God?"

Psalm 18:2, 6, 16, 19, 31, R.S.V.

When it comes to building a life, you want something firm underneath your feet -- something that can hold you up -- something solid, immovable, unsinkable. There is only one way to find security in this world -- get your feet on solid rock. There is a rock you can put your feet on, which will bear all your weight. There is a rock that will stand immovable, though beaten by wind and rain and sea.

The rock on which you can build your life is God Himself. He is the only one who is great enough and strong enough and solid enough to build your life upon. He can be under you, supporting you, holding you, so you are never alone. With your life built on Him, you can stand through all the storms of life. Maybe you would like to know more about this God.
Ankhanu
You've got your work cut out for you to establish the solidity of your rock. Good luck.
spinout
I Always have problems with this... I am a polytheist...
Amongst all of the gods - whom are youtalking about???
accomp
Hello spinout, I started posting this as a series in the forum here but was told by the admin that I should post in the blogs section instead. You should be able to find the answer to your question in this blogs series: http://www.frihost.com/users/accomp/blog/vp-168816.html

Please note that I am still in the process of adding the parts one by one and it might take more than six months to post the entire series.