FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

To old for rockn roll?

loveandormoney
Why are many people to old to listen to music.
Most humans at the age of 14 love Mozart and Beatles and Techno and Disco. And also Jethro Tull is singing, people at the age of 30 are to old for music?
What is the reason?
Why do old people more like to think than to dance?
Ankhanu
You're making assumptions that aren't true. I'm not entirely certain how to address your questions, because, none of them are based in fact Razz

Old people listen to lots of music.
Most people around the age of 14 aren't listening to what you suggest... I'm not sure what the second part about Jethro Tull and 30 year olds even means.
Lots of old people love to dance...

Where is the basis of any of this?
deanhills
Agreed. The assumption is flawed. Older people may have more income and time available and greater access to music of all kinds. I'd like which 14 year olds in general love Mozart.
loveandormoney
Ankhanu wrote:
You're making assumptions that aren't true. I'm not entirely certain how to address your questions, because, none of them are based in fact Razz

Old people listen to lots of music.
Most people around the age of 14 aren't listening to what you suggest... I'm not sure what the second part about Jethro Tull and 30 year olds even means.
Lots of old people love to dance...

Where is the basis of any of this?

So do You play during the Xmas Party Rockn Roll with Your familly. Its great.
Its fantastic.
But I can tell You
if You would live in our street You d be the only one who plays musik during Birthday or Wedding with Your parents and Your Grandparents and Uncles and Aunts and You dance together.

What kind of dance do You do in Your family with the old people.

Music is made for moving and TV for stopmuscles move.

ITS great.
What kind of songs do You sing in Your family?

English texts?

Our favorite is What shall we do with the drunken sailor.
Ankhanu
Personally, I don't generally play music with my family, and I tend to dislike traditional songs. I do, however, play bass and/or guitar in three rock/punk bands, and I love bringing music to an audience. I also enjoy teaching my daughter to play... but music at family gatherings - not my scene.

Your initial question/topic asks if people are too old for rock and roll, inferring that rock music is music of youth. I counter that; rock is the music of the middle-aged to old now - youths (in the west) have largely moved away from this 60 year old genre.
Rock continues to live on, just as jazz does, but neither is the music of youth anymore.
loveandormoney
", play bass "

This is great. Thank You. In our street only the priest is singing.
Watch in NY or London or Paris the people walk to the train station. They dont sing. But they are humans. Arent they humans.
Why does the kid sing on the way to school just we saw to girls like Hanny and Nanny one hour ago.
Myrecords
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!! who said so,as long as I can hear I'm gonna play music and dance too.
deanhills
Myrecords wrote:
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!! who said so,as long as I can hear I'm gonna play music and dance too.
Me too. If there's music I can't help dance at times too. Some of the music I listen to begs me to do that. Razz
loveandormoney
Myrecords wrote:

What kind of music do You like.
Myself had a cousin who played the drums.
So at the age of 6
I could make the parents afraid.
SonLight
Many decades ago, families used to sit on the front porch in the evening, and family or communal singing was common. Now, we don't do that so much. In most cases there is no front porch, but the reason is, we have air conditioning now and wouldn't use it anyway. Radio and other even more bizarre things provide music, and it seems there is no need for us to bother singing anymore.

If you enjoy life, sing anyway. Dance or sing along or turn off the background noise and just sing. Blessed are those who can perform in a band. The rest of us need to get up off the sofa and live.
loveandormoney
"communal singing was common. "

This is what I am talking about. Just we came out of the forest doing their singing.
Standing around is boring. And its good for health.
SonLight
"out of the forest":

* "I don't have a wooden heart"

Out of the cotton fields:

*"Go down, ol' Hannah, don' you rise no mo-oh"

One of my recollections of the movie, Dr. Zhavago, was that it must take centuries of hard times to develop such haunting but beautiful music.

PS. How do you spell Dr. Zhivago?

It seems we've lost our souls when we lost our music. Now the radio tells us how we're supposed to feel.
loveandormoney
Yes thats it. In our country it the custom to sing for the fruit in Autumm. Its fun but the most people like to watch and only a few love to sing with the group.
Da Rossa
There is no such thing as "music for a certain age range" except children's songs. Both a 70 year old and a 11 year-old girl can like classical music. Both can enjoy a good Led Zeppelin. Young foreigners can enjoy the old-fashioned Brazilian Bossa Nova. They just think it's "fancy".
jajarvin
loveandormoney wrote:
Why are many people to old to listen to music.
Most humans at the age of 14 love Mozart and Beatles and Techno and Disco. And also Jethro Tull is singing, people at the age of 30 are to old for music?
What is the reason?

I am very much older than 30 years and still I enjoy listening all kinds of music.

When I like to listen to rock and roll music, my choice is naturally on some of the songs of Elvis! Very Happy
loveandormoney
What is Your favorite Elvis Song?