FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help

Jack_Hammer
I need help installing Divx player VLC player and XviD and DivX codecs for Linux (Fedora Core 4 x86 64) I have tried but I don't know anything about linux honestly nothing and the fact that I can't do anything at all on this computer is just so frustrating.
riv
You usually get the source code (the human readable version) of the program, but you'll need to build the source code (convert it from source code to bianary) before the computer can use it. Um... I forgot what the command is for building. Embarassed Sorry. (It's been a while since I've used Linux)
Here is a site that links to a lot of helpful sites concerning Linux

I hope all that is as helpful as it can possibly be.
bananaphone
Try using "wine" - the program, not the drink.
It can help with compatibility issues.
Jack_Hammer
bananaphone wrote:
Try using "wine" - the program, not the drink.
It can help with compatibility issues.

I've just tried that, and now on my 5th desktop I have 7 different programs which have all crashed part way through installation, no programs seems to have been able to install on my wine.
gonzo
help? ok. learn some netiquette and use DESCRIPTIVE titles for your posts.
raver
if you downloaded the source code read the readme.txt or something like that...it should contain the instalation guide... usually you have a makefile which you must run like ./makefile or ./make and then it will create an installer and you just type a ./install in your terminal window.