FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Unreal Engine 4

andy26
Anyone on here got any tips or advice when it comes to using the game Engine Unreal 4.
i made the following map.

can anyone offer any advice on how i would make a multiplayer game, for example where i should begin? any research i should be doing?

I have basic level editing and some 3d modeling skills, is it worth going down the blueprint route or the C++ route i have good programing knowledge but never worked in C++.
restonpiston
Depending on what you want to do. For game design and artistic things you can stick with not knowing C++, but if you want to create new game mechanics and complex things I think i would be learning C++ would be a well invested time.
andy26
restonpiston wrote:
Depending on what you want to do. For game design and artistic things you can stick with not knowing C++, but if you want to create new game mechanics and complex things I think i would be learning C++ would be a well invested time.

thats a solid point thank you i didn't think about customising certain features would require C++

also i just realised i never included the map test i made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQXdIox02YE - i couldnt get the embbed youtube to work
restonpiston
I don't know the exact specification of Unreal Engine 4, but I'm pretty sure that it would require some skill programming.

Anyway, your map is very good looking, it's amazing what you can do using this game engine.