FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Doom 3 Editor- Level Design Commentary

trickstott
I'm finally working on completing my first single player Doom level. I shied away from the editor after being told that it was terribly unfriendly, but after using Hammer and UnrealEd, I've gotta say that radiant is the happiest place on Earth.
This editor seems solely designed for storytelling. I recognize that it's Carmack's baby so it doesn't look as friendly as UnrealEd, but I can do just about anything that I want to do without ever touching the scripting language. That is a good thing.
Also, haveing a hundred different kinds of completely customizable triggers is just super cool. I still haven't made use of the Backspawner, but I'm glad to know that it's there.

I'll be posting my finished level in about a week, and I'll post here again when it is done. I was just curious as to how big a radiant community we have here. So, if anyone else has levels, in any state of completion. Just post a link here and maybe if there are enough of us, we could even make our own discussion group.

Nothing like talking shop and earning points. Besides, how much would Frihost love to have that level of targeted marketing?