FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is it real to start a career again for woman after 35?

SvetlanaK
Or I better should forget about my education and prepare myself to be a cleaner?. Brick wall
Da Rossa
It is perfectly real. The human lifespan is increasing. And you have more maturity to join a new world and learn new skills, including a new graduation. I wouldn't think anything bad of a lawyer starting a practice at age 35, for instance. At forty, she'll be better than someone at 28 who started at 23.

Edit: don't ever forget about your education. Keep learning, keep reading, keep developing your brain. Don't you ever say you're too old for something.
BigGeek
I have a story for you! At 40 years old I was working in a shop in Colorado USA as a Mechanic - I was making about 30 thousand dollars US per year. No matter how hard I worked, how much side work I did, best income I ever saw was around 35 thousand per year.

I had been working on my home computer and speaking with a friend about the problems I was having and what I had done to fix it. She commented that Computer professionals made a lot more money than Mechanics. So I took some online courses and became Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, 6 classes and 6 tests. First job in the computer industry was for 40 thousand a year. Once I got in the job I worked hard and learned as much as possible. I eventually moved into Networking and worked my way up to a Senior Network Engineers position making in excess of 100 thousand a year.

I was 40 years old at the time I undertook the career change, and it was the best financial decision I have ever made in my life.

YOU ARE 5 years younger than I was back then! If I can make a career change and increase my income - SO CAN YOU!!!!! You are not too old to give up and be a cleaner!!!

GO FOR IT! Change your career, work hard at the new career and don't look back - at 35 you are just getting started!!!! Cool Very Happy Idea
loveandormoney
SvetlanaK wrote:
Or I better should forget about my education and prepare myself to be a cleaner?. Brick wall

Sure.

What kind of doing does make You fun?

Mathematics
Drawing
Driving
teaching
leading?
jestoy0514
I believe 35 years is really not that old for you to have started a new career. as long as you have the passion and dedication you can make it work.
loveandormoney
Many people start to stury at an university at the age of 50. So dont be afraid.
deanhills
Just heard of someone who decided to study medicine at the age of 35. He's practising as a physician serving old age homes for a few years now. Where there is a will, there is always a way.
loveandormoney
We all remember Patch Adams. He also did not start to study at the age of 17.
Da Rossa
I think if you're 35 and willing to start over your education with the hunger for learning and growing then you can marry me.
standready
A friend got divorced and went back to school and became a registered nurse around that age. She did better than her ex that is an attorney.
So I say go for it!!!
loveandormoney
In our town there is a university its call 55. Its no university at all.
But there are students at the age higher than 55 and then ll learn.
You can study there, old enough, Yoga and Walking and Party and Latin but You also can visit lessons given by real teachers of the university. The aim is learning is better for the brain for old people than living bored.
Da Rossa
standready wrote:
A friend got divorced and went back to school and became a registered nurse around that age. She did better than her ex that is an attorney.
So I say go for it!!!

Oh my God, so the law market is fierce in there too! I'm scared now, I'm a lawyer!
deanhills
Da Rossa wrote:
standready wrote:
So I say go for it!!!

Oh my God, so the law market is fierce in there too! I'm scared now, I'm a lawyer!
I don't think the ex could have been much of an attorney. She must have been a really great nurse. Wink
Da Rossa
standready wrote:
So I say go for it!!!

Indeed, the woman might be a GREAT nurse! But what country is that?