FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Verizon MiFi and problems

standready
My mother has had the Verizon MiFi for just under a year. She hardly ever uses it. Earlier this week, her laptop decided not to attach. She asked me to help. I checked it, reset the password, ran diagnostics on the laptop, etc. Nothing!
I took the MiFi and her laptop to my house. My tablet had no problem attaching to the MiFi. Her laptop attached my my home wifi without problem. Verizon website was useless!
Confused, I took her MiFi and laptop into the Verizon store where she had purchased the MiFi. Here is the biggest problem!!! They would NOT fix the problem because I am not on the account! Even with my mother on the phone giving them all the account information. She had to come into the store!!
My mother is in her eighth decade and is taking care of my father. Getting out of the house is a task!

Now I have acted as representative for others in solving problems with other companies before with that person verbally granting my authorization.

BEWARE! If you have someone that wants you to assist them with a Verizon problem, you know you can't unless you are on the account!

BTW: My mother cancelled her Verizon MiFi account and got stuck with a huge early termination fee on a service that does not work! That is not right thing to do, Verizon. Shame on you!!!!
deanhills
Thanks for the warning Stand. Should I return to North America later this year or next year I'll stay far away from Verizon. That was really shocking.
standready
Dean, I sent Verizon CEO, Lowell McAdam, an email explaining what happen. Will see if he cares enough to reply.
deanhills
standready wrote:
Dean, I sent Verizon CEO, Lowell McAdam, an email explaining what happen. Will see if he cares enough to reply.
Laughing That made my day! Grab a bull by its horns. Would indeed be interesting if anyone replied from Verizon.
standready
deanhills wrote:
standready wrote:
Laughing That made my day! Grab a bull by its horns. Would indeed be interesting if anyone replied from Verizon.

Well now it gets really interesting because A "so-called" representative of Mr. McAdam allegedly attempted to call my mother yesterday. I was at my parent's home most of the day and the phone never rang. Also nothing on caller ID or voicemail.
standready
Still nothing from the CEO. I guess he does not care about retaining customers.