FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A BIOS quesion

rohan2kool
I use a ****** Compaq Presario 5000 and the BIOS it comes shipped with it is totally gross. Is their anyway i can install a good bios(like amiBIOS) or something, so that i have more control on my comp's equipment...
Naif
I dont think so. Flashing a BIOS which isnt meant/designed for your mobo will end up corrupting BIOS chip and thus making your motherboard useless. You might want to check up with your motherboard's manufacturer website to see if there is an update available for your motherboard's model.

BIOS updates can contains new features, bug fixes etc.

A WORD OF WARNING: Flashing the BIOS of a motherboard isnt completely safe. You have to take many precautions. If something goes wrong in the process, you'll end up with a useless motherboard.
Wrez
great sombody gave u a good answer Smile
Sinisterthief
Yeah, i tried it once and completly screwed my pc up..

it was also really old so i didn't thought it was usefull to buy an new biostar m6vbe-a, i bought an better amd athlon 64 system Razz

becuase first i wanted to flash my bios but he gave me some error, so i thought good he sais when i have an wrong bios, so i downloaded another one, and the he didn;t gave me that eroor just flashed it. but then my pc wouldn't boot anymore.
abhinav_shah
I will say just one line :
Never ever try to flash your BIOS...
rohan2kool
Well, you guys have influenced me. I won't flash my BIOS. But, howver i desperately needed to. I think i'll consider the BIOS while buying a mb or a new comp the next time.
Arnie
The BIOS on systems like Dell, IBM, Compaq, HP etcetera are usually pretty restricted. If you have a 'normal' non-OEM motherboard your BIOS will be normal.