FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

David Allen's Getting Things Done

Da Rossa
This book is close to achieving the "classic" status. It was first published in 2001 and is cited by many people I've come across, especially in the corporate sector.

Anyone here have read? I'm at the beginning. How did it impact your workflow and how does it differ from those 'priority management techniques' we see all over the place?
Ankhanu
GTD is a pretty common topic in the podcast Cortex, with Mike Hurley and CGPGrey. The podcast was initially intended to discuss how the two of them do their work, and GTD was an important stepping stone for Grey to develop his work habits. From the sounds of things, it's got some definite beneficial content, but it's not universally applicable... they're in the process of adapting their work flows and habits from what they learned from GTD to more efficient or effective methods, but it had its use.

I haven't read it myself Razz
Da Rossa
I've just downloaded Cortex #46, simply because of the title "External Thinking Tool". That seems to have everything to do with Getting Things Done. Let's see if the podcast excels!