FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My Harry Potter site

thnn
I have had this site for a while and just wanted to advertise it on here and get some feedback. My site address is www.totallyhogwarts.com. Please feel free to browse it and add your comments as a reply, or even post on my forums.
budazz
nice site....the only comments are the banner on top and the alignment of your site
smart19
it's too black for me
Indyan
I like the layout.Black suits the HP theme.
kain
Very Cool! I love Harry Potter! I just saw the 4th movie yesterday.
TheQ
very good, but it's a bit messy. I couldn't vote at your poll. The harry potter theme is very cool. that's the good work.
thnn
To vote in the poll you unfortunately have to be registered to prevent repetitive voting.
otaku
Awesome Site..
I also like the theme.

I'm seeing the 4th movie on wensday.
HockeyPunk101
How did you do this?

when i scroll over a link, it appears
Code:
http://www.domain.com./index.php?c=4

How did you do the c=4? part
thnn
Its php coding.
osiashion
It looks good. Simple but very nice design. I like these kind on sites where you don't have thousends of pictures to load.

I will recommend it to my girlfriend who likes Harry Potter a lot. Smile
digibluez
I like black.But the text color at some parts could be more eye catching!
sugarbox
Cool! I like your site...

a lot of nice photos
skeeterpup
Very nice site, I love the color scheme and the pictures, lots of info too. I did notice the vote button shows up as a red x though. Other than that I would say you have done an excellent job.

Melby
Programmable
Your website is really exciting
I liked the banner and the colors

But i still have one comment:
Cool U have to think about all resolutions!!!!

I had a big resolution so the webpage didn't seem to be centered!!

I ask if u used PHP Nucke to produce it?
Programmable
I have another commant Shocked
The block containing Chat is in the bottom
I think it would be better if u put it in the top left side!!!

thank u Laughing
Programmable
One last comment!!!!!

some of the pictures are lost

I mean we can not see them!!!!!

Just check them all

Wink
mele
Overally it's very informative and easy site. However, that banner would interfere a lot less and stick out a lot less if it was at the bottom rather then on top. Also you Advertisements table to the right has some line problems, it looks out of sync at the top.
Final, I give it 6/10.
spelbound
nicely done.
dhawal
Nice Job.Where do you get the content form?
mattd8752
But... there is 2 harry potters...
thnn
Programmable, I coded it myself.
BriBri72
I like the content of the site, but I would recommend adding a little more color and softening the edges of your banner and menu, but I would make it two pieces of a puzzle, manufactured in photoshop formatted via a CSS, but that's me. I think I've become somewhat of a photoshop junkie.

As far as adding color, I wouldn't step away from the black entirely but you could use a black to purple gradient as the background or some other effect to add a little variation to the main pieces of the site, without causing problems with reading the text.
mengshi200
I agree with up's opinion.but the quantity of website about harry potter is very much.realize and maintenance your character is important.
paul_indo
Nice site but at my 1280 x 960 screen res the right half of the screen is blank. Does ANYONE use less than 1024 x 756 these days????

If you use % instead of absolute widths it will allow the page to adjust for any screen res. This works well for tables I haven't tried it with DIV tags but with a bit of fine tuneing I'm sure it would work.
thnn
Thank for all of your comments.
I am currently working on a new layout. However I am not sure how to use % in DIV layers.
Garg
Nice site...

I just have a question concerning the favicon icon (the image in front of the adress in your browser window).

What did you use to make your own ?

What's the max size of the icon you can use ?

What format (.jpg ?) is it in ?

Anyway, like your site a lot ... Congrats !!

Garg
prillan
i like it alot
hcjgh
i would be so much better if it would be aligned in center!! otherwise good site and nice layout
thnn
The favicon was made wit a program called imagicon. It creates icons in .ico format from jpg images sizes 16x16 or 32x32.
Dragonfly
Nice content... there is room to improve the body part. Top header/banner is excellent. For any site content pictures or photos are a must, otherwise it looks boring to read as well. Why not align the whole site to center?
thnn
Im currently working on a new layout, which then I will make it centered, if it looks good. However i perfer to put my site onto the left to make sure it doesnt break in anyway.
Motoracer380
thats wicked nice man
mOOnGuardian
The site is cool... Do you made the template yourself?