FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Difference between Love and really likeing someone?

Ryox
I have a friend I love to death; but my feelings and emotions say otherwise;
Its mixed feelings, not sure if my depression; or the loss of something;

I really love this girl to death; heck we're even engaged; We're perfect for each other; not a single disagreement between us. We live in the same city; not too far from each other; I can visit her by riding public transportation its not a problem; we just don't talk or text very much.
jestoy0514
I am not an expert but my answer is based on my 17 years of marriage. Liking someone meaning you like something about her. It might her looks or her heart. But love is different. You don't love her just because you found something nice or lovely to her. You love her because whatever your lacking she completes you and it goes for her too.
Ryox
jestoy0514 wrote:
I am not an expert but my answer is based on my 17 years of marriage. Liking someone meaning you like something about her. It might her looks or her heart. But love is different. You don't love her just because you found something nice or lovely to her. You love her because whatever your lacking she completes you and it goes for her too.

We both do complete each other, but ya know when you really aren't sure about your feelings anymore? or something.

We both engaged; We both love each other to death, Its just we don't talk or text alot; its the loss of communication that's probably just mixing up how I feel about her; As i said; I love her to death and I wouldn't want any other girl but her in my life, same with her.
jestoy0514
Everyone for once in a while feel some gap is building up between lovers for no reason. Even I even asked myself "are we really meant for each other?" and it always brought to one answer "YES". Even after the hardships and all that's the only answer I can find.

You might be suffering some relationship gap. Have you ever tried reaching her. Or take her to a vacation with just you and her that may ease the gap and for you to think of the old days. That maybe a best idea to build the communication gap you have. Or how about take her to see a movie or just walk in the park. You know sometimes small matter counts.
Haiku2016
Stephen Covey, in his book The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, suggests that love is an act, a commitment. It may begin with a feeling, an attraction, but it grows because you put in the effort necessary to develop the relationship. According to this theory, the fact that the relationship is not where you want it to be is not the result of how much or little you love one another nor even about how real your love is but the result of the lack of effort you put into it. Now, I am not saying this as a judgment of your relationship as such (I cannot know how much effort you have put into your relationship), but as an alternative viewpoint for you to consider.

I have a friend who gave birth to an autistic child. Her first reaction was despair and rejection. But she grew to love him and now cherishes his every accomplishment. We cannot sometimes choose who we can have in our lives (our family, colleagues, neighbors) but we can choose how we relate to them and it is from making this choice that we grow in love. It's not an acceptable thing to say these days, but I do believe that marriage is as much a commitment as having a child. We don't condone parents who reject their children (whatever the reason) and place the responsibility upon the parent to develop a loving relationship with the child. So too it should be in marriage.

Having said that, I will admit it is very hard to do and I am not myself an example of what it should be.
loveandormoney
Ryox wrote:
I have a friend I love to death; but my feelings and emotions say otherwise;
Its mixed feelings, not sure if my depression; or the loss of something;

I really love this girl to death; heck we're even engaged; We're perfect for each other; not a single disagreement between us. We live in the same city; not too far from each other; I can visit her by riding public transportation its not a problem; we just don't talk or text very much.

Theory
then parxis:

Love is 100% honest.
Friendship is 100% helping.

Your situation is totally different:

"We dont talk".

Humans?
deanhills
Love is great - but if you don't like your partner, there's a good chance the love won't last as long. Like is the glue that holds everything together - and also helps with respecting one another. I've come across plenty of individuals who "love" their partner, but over time their occasional dislike and irritation made the relationship fizzle out eventually.
loveandormoney
Quote:

but if you don't like your partner, there's a good chance the love won't last as long.

Can You explain it to me.
Or do we talk about pairs forced by parents without own will?

Then I misunderstood the thread.
Ryox
loveandormoney wrote:
Quote:

but if you don't like your partner, there's a good chance the love won't last as long.

Can You explain it to me.
Or do we talk about pairs forced by parents without own will?

Then I misunderstood the thread.

It depends on the parents; Each parent has their own beliefs about who is with their Child; even if they become a adult; and still living with them. They have to like you in order to be with them. My girl's mother loves me being around my Fiancee; I'm engaged; and she has never cheated on me even once; even when we were just friends; We're both Loyal and honest with each other; and never have lied about anything. We're 100% Faithful and Loyal to one another.

Its just that; we don't often talk or see each other; so that is why I might be having mixed feelings about being together with her. When I see her more often; I think that'd change alot of how I truly feel about her.

But I love her with all my heart, and she's the only girl I really want in my entire life; forever. I never have cheated on her, and never plan too. My heart is hers and hers is mine! Smile
loveandormoney
Quote:

depends on the parents;

Are You 14 years old?
Im so sorry
I thought You are 40 years old or 30 years or 25 years.

So my advice: Listen to Your parents. They love You. They are always right.