FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Re-Design Forums...

nathan99
I think that maybe the forums to this site need re-designing, its just that i am sick of seeing this layout everywhere, it is pretty much the default design that people with phpBB forums have.
Few things that could be improved:
1- The colors(as beautiful as they are)
2- Make the width a set value, im not a very big fan of the whole stretching design
3- Make a flash programming section Very Happy LOL(i love flash)
4- Make the sections more global; ie:
scripting
Client-Side
HTML, JS, CSS, etc..
Server-Side
PHP, CGI, mySQL, etcc...
Games
Game Maker(www.gamemaker.nl), Flash etc..
Other
VBasic, VC++, etc..

I don't know if this conforms to the rules because its not saying to add, just to modify

5- Lose the orange in the blue bars. LoL its very..... um.... not with the style lol
6- Show less posts per page

Just a few things Smile
n0obie4life
First, you don't see this layout everywhere. Almost all forums change their skin.

This skin is the best. It has it shades of blue and grey which is fitting.

The rules already state - We are NOT going to change the skin.

If we have one forum for each scripting language, the forum wil be extremely messy.

Flash can be discussed in the scripting forum provided.

The width is not a set value as there are pictures that need to stretch over the width, if we do find a post stretching too much, we will remove the post.

The amount of post per page is just suitable for people on 56k, so we're not going to change it.
yjwong
But wait - Can't we have a default skin for 56k users and other skins for broadband users?

It's quite boring to face the same skin everyday and this skin is too standard - for me...Hope you can consider that...
Sunny
Quote:
But wait - Can't we have a default skin for 56k users and other skins for broadband users?

It's quite boring to face the same skin everyday and this skin is too standard - for me...Hope you can consider that...

This skin has been tuned to fit the forum needs, To add another skins, we will have to tune them all. And will have to edit all the ones even for a slight bit of change. and then we will have to deal with even more problems like members complaining about a skin not working for them etc.

Bondings is working on a new layout(not skin), so you might see a 'change' in near future.

If you still have any doubts on this, please use the Search feature as this topic has been discussed several times.

<lock>