FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Trump America first ?

kastibergu
Trump America first?
BigGeek
I am not exactly sure what you mean by that post? As an American I personally am ashamed that Trump is our president and I think that his corruption and ignorance is going to spell out a horrible time for most Americans!

One of the things that disgusts me about him is he claims he is going to "Make America Great Again" and that he is going to put America First. He says this while he is repealing aspects of "Frank Dodd" our banking reform that took place after the recession of 2006-2010 where mine and many citizens had our retirement accounts drained by the banks and investment firms because of their shady under the table practices. These practices were regulated in an effort to make sure that it did not happen again. By repealing these regulations he has opened the door for the banks and investment firms to rip off our money! He is repealing EPA Regulations, Labor Regulations, and much more.

He is all about America First - making Americans the first point of prey for the banks, investment firms, and corporations - we will be the first to be stolen from and driven out of our homes and into poverty while he increases the wealth of the upper 1% and as he does this there will be no recourse for US Citizens to stop it or gain any sort of repayment from it as he is removing laws that make it illegal! So he is right American First - the first ones to be ripped off and driven into poverty by the greedy corporations!

Protecting large corporations and their money is more important that protecting the citizens - we are merely prey so the rich can get richer!
deanhills
BigGeek wrote:

One of the things that disgusts me about him is he claims he is going to "Make America Great Again" and that he is going to put America First.
What I hate most about slogans like that of his is that he implies that America is not great. Ditto the immigration. He implies nothing has ever been done to manage immigration, however there has been a quota system for immigration in place for decades. All of those slogans are dishonest. They don't give credit to great efforts that have been made already. Kind of makes nonsense of everything that the President says and the office of the President.
spinout
Well, this is the most funny one yet... Let see if he manages to build that great wall in time.
standready
deanhills wrote:
He implies nothing has ever been done to manage immigration, however there has been a quota system for immigration in place for decades.

I think Trump is referring to illegal immigration and those already illegally in the country.
Ankhanu
standready wrote:
deanhills wrote:
He implies nothing has ever been done to manage immigration, however there has been a quota system for immigration in place for decades.

I think Trump is referring to illegal immigration and those already illegally in the country.

And yet, he and supporters will quote millions deported under Obama...
Da Rossa
I'm latin, I don't live in the US but if I were there, I'd vote for Trump.
Yes, many more were deported "under Obama", but that's not the point. Individuals are not sent back to their country by a presidential signiture apiece. Those people are talking about the period.

If someone asked me I would tell them to wait at least 18 months before attacking Trump. I'm Brazilian, and I prefer a president taking more care of Brazilians rather than imigrants. The resources are limited. And we are the tax payers.
standready
Da Rossa wrote:
The resources are limited. And we are the tax payers.

Here in the U.S., the money wasted just to take care of the illegal immigrants is staggering.
lorent007
BigGeek wrote:
I am not exactly sure what you mean by that post? As an American I personally am ashamed that Trump is our president and I think that his corruption and ignorance is going to spell out a horrible time for most Americans!

One of the things that disgusts me about him is he claims he is going to "Make America Great Again" and that he is going to put America First. He says this while he is repealing aspects of "Frank Dodd" our banking reform that took place after the recession of 2006-2010 where mine and many citizens had our retirement accounts drained by the banks and investment firms because of their shady under the table practices. These practices were regulated in an effort to make sure that it did not happen again. By repealing these regulations he has opened the door for the banks and investment firms to rip off our money! He is repealing EPA Regulations, Labor Regulations, and much more.

He is all about America First - making Americans the first point of prey for the banks, investment firms, and corporations - we will be the first to be stolen from and driven out of our homes and into poverty while he increases the comparateur assurance chien wealth of the upper 1% and as he does this there will be no recourse for US Citizens to stop it or gain any sort of repayment from it as he is removing laws that make it illegal! So he is right American First - the first ones to be ripped off and driven into poverty by the greedy corporations!

Protecting large corporations and their money is more important that protecting the citizens - we are merely prey so the rich can get richer!

Hello!
I'm wondering why everybody says that Trump is a bad president so why did you vote for huim?
Thanks!
Ankhanu
lorent007 wrote:
Hello!
I'm wondering why everybody says that Trump is a bad president so why did you vote for huim?
Thanks!

Most people didn't vote for him... but the US democratic process isn't direct, and involves a second stage of voting by an "electoral college", intended to even out representation from high populations to low populations... and seems effed as heck to me Razz
standready
Ankhanu wrote:
Most people didn't vote for him... but the US democratic process isn't direct, and involves a second stage of voting by an "electoral college", intended to even out representation from high populations to low populations... and seems effed as heck to me Razz

The Electoral College was necessary at beginning because of course there was no instant 'nationwide' communication of results.

Now it is totally unnecessary and is now used as a reward for political friends to have an all expense paid "party" on the taxpayers.

The Electoral college needs to be abolished but is embedded in the Constitution.
Ankhanu
We have some similarly difficult systems in place in the Canadian governmental structure too... there's no analogue for the Electoral College, but other institutions that perhaps don't function as they were intended anymore. Takes a lot to change a constitutionally mandated institution :/
standready
lorent007 wrote:
Hello!
Thanks!

Lesser of evils maybe?
Haiku2016
Ankhanu wrote:
lorent007 wrote:
Hello!
Thanks!

Even so, why isn't there a better candidate to choose from? I read somewhere that between Hillary and Trump, the US has two candidates that everyone hates, the only question is which one is hated more? Which is odd, for an outsider. In a land for the people, of the people and from the people, why are the people not doing something to make the country work for them? I would have thought that the Western democratic system would bring out the best the country has to offer. And if not, I'd ask why not?
Da Rossa
standready wrote:
Da Rossa wrote:
The resources are limited. And we are the tax payers.

Here in the U.S., the money wasted just to take care of the illegal immigrants is staggering.

I have sympathy for the word "staggering" to describe it. However, tell me one thing: many people who dislike illegal immigrants also turn a blind eye when it comes to jobs that the americans don't want to do themselves, such as housekeeping and janitoring on the train station, to name a few. What would be of the economy if the occupants of those job positions were just wiped?
loveandormoney
Its weasy

The rich ll become more rich
and the poor ll be more poor.
Its Trump and his party are the Republicans.