FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

critically annoying?

gonzo
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/4795/criticalannoyance0ea.png

Too artifically popular for its own good?
tidruG
And your point is ...?
Yes, we know there were/are errors, caused generally due to high server load. If you have some good suggestions on how to help, let's hear them, instead of simply creating new threads showing that there were problems with the forum server/mySQL server.
MistaKiula
It's either that or he's just showing how annoying the website you want to go to has errors?
tidruG
MistaKiula wrote:
It's either that or he's just showing how annoying the website you want to go to has errors?

The website he's showing is this one Razz
That's why I wanted him to post some suggestions on how to keep server load down/make the site more stable.
gonzo
round robin?
tidruG
I did some very basic research on round robin. First problem I encounetered is that we're running the forums on one site only. As far as I know, the second server has so far, been dedicated solely to the new accounts being accepted. However, Bondings can probably implement round robin, however, what I also happened to read was this:
Quote:
Although very easy to implement, round robin DNS has important drawbacks, such as those inherited from the DNS hierarchy itself and TTL times, which causes undesired address caching to be very difficult to manage.

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/R/Round_Robin_DNS.html
So I doubt if he'll implement it.
Bondings
Round robin isn't a solution for crashes, just for load balancing. Putting this forum on several servers might be possible, but is certainly not easy nor cheap.